Who else loves to re-use plastic bottles as pots for their plants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socal-outdoor

Reaction score
plastic bottles are my favorite things to use as pots for my young ones.

Pros:

-recycling
-you can SEE when the roots are touching the edges of the pot and its time to get abigger pot
-You can see the water level
-super cheap
-disposable if neccisary

My favorite trick is to carefully cut out the bottem and then slit the entire thing right in half and drop the entire root mass/dirt into the new hole pack dirt around it and "slide" the two halfs right out of the dirt. (A little tape helps hold the halfs together some times) Its all super gentle on the roots and I always screw up pot to pot transfers either making the plant sag to one side or popping off a few small roots.

I like to use the single serving gatorade bottles for seedlings I've used those big ole' arrowhead bottles before and I pulled a big sparkletts jug out of dumpster once (hey it was clean : )! )

A few holes in them and they are great humidity tens for clones too

I used 2 liter soda bottles some years back, and they worked well. I've used 2 gallon clear juice bottles, too. Since I have limited space, I now use cheap, small wasterbaskets from a $ store. I'm with ya', thought, on the recycling. I saved and drew up some plans for a 20 oz. soda bottle mini-hydro system; I'm going to try it out this summer, and, if successful, try it next fall/winter on an indoor grow of 'madders. I've also found 20 oz. beer cups to work well for sprouts/clones, but only after I consumed the beer...
:clap:
Nelson

yeah, i drink coke by the gallons.... i use em for my clones.

That is an awesome *** setup. Oh oh I must do this next hydro grow! I love this site, long live "Marpassion"! :clap:

hey i like to use 2 or 3 litter bottles to put
over the plants like a mini green house yup yup

Latest posts

Back