Who Remembers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kupunakane

Who remembers the good OL' Days ?

Scenario: Jack goes quail hunting before school, pulls into school parking lot with shotgun in gun rack.

1967 - Vice principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his own shotgun to show Jack.
2007 - School goes into lockdown, the FBI is called, and Jack is hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors are called in to assist traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.

1967 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.
2007 - Police are called; SWAT team arrives and arrests Johnny and Mark. They are charged with assault and both are expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario: Jeffrey won't sit still in class, disrupts other students.

1967 - Jeffrey is sent to the principal's office and given a good paddling. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.
2007 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADD. School gets extra state funding because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1967 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.
2007 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. State psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist.

Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some Aspirin to school.

1967 - Mark shares Aspirin with the school principal out on the smoking dock.
2007 - Police are called and Mark is expelled from School for drug violations. His car is searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario: Pedro fails high-school English.>
1967 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, and goes to college
2007 - Pedro's cause is taken up by local human rights group. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that making English a requirement for graduation is racist. US Civil Liberties Association files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English is banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover Independence Day firecrackers, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up an anthill.

1967 - Ants die.
2007 - Homeland Security and the FBI are called and Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. Teams investigate parents, siblings are removed from the home, computers are confiscated, and Johnny's dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario: Johnny falls during recess and scrapes his knee. His teacher,Mary, finds him crying, and gives him a hug to comfort him.

1967 - Johnny soon feels better and goes back to playing.
2007 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces three years in a federal prison. Johnny undergoes five years of therapy.

1967 - Johnny smokes a joint, he is stoned, happy, laughs like he has never laughed before, Dad thinks Johnny swiped one of his beers, and mom is oblivious to it all, and Sis thinks Johnny is just going through normal stages in life. He parties in college, joins the service, fights in a messed up war, comes home, finishes his degree and still smokes, owns his home and a thriving business, and pays his taxes, also is running for town mayor.
2007 - Johnny smokes a joint, and is busted with a small grow for his medical needs from injuries sustained in the war. His life is placed on hold while he serves five years in prison, three years on probation, loses everything, and will be watched the rest of his life.

Sheeeeesh
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

my gf's son is 9. he toke a water pistol to school. He was expelled from school, then arrested for possession of a hand gun. The cops knew it was a toy and still charged him with felony. it wasn't until we got an attorney that the charge was changed to a misdemeanor. he went to court and is on 1 year propation. this is not the good ole days!

I really had a good rant lined up for this, but I figured I should just delete it. Everyone knows the days of carelessness, innocence, and freedom are gone and we did it to ourselfs.

and people wonder why I need to smoke weed. What a difference forty years makes! Ola Taco, kay prostate? Bean, e too? Mooey bean, grassy-***.

My 12 yo daughter drew a hangman's noose with a stick figure of the teacher in it. For whatever reason the teacher looks in her note book and sees it. I get the call and have to pick her up, it's close to terrorism. The teacher says she fears for her life. I go to the school and remind her she better fear for her life, but not from my daughter...My daughter was back in class the next day...principle saw it my way...I could go on as well...it's driven me to smoke... :)

Edit: Four years later. My daughter is to give a report on how she thinks we could handle the immigration problem. She makes this big poster with a big wall around the US and border patrol. She says shoot if they come in illegally over the wall. Now I agree this is a tad strong but it was her opinion and she's entitled to it right or wrong by whoever's opinion. Good ole dad back at school picking her up again. :) Few days before she was back in that class on this one...

Two things i remeber i cleaned my shotgun for speach class. And this is the good one. On the farm we always kept dynomite for blowing beaverdams in ditches. So i take a cut off broom handle and a paper sack Using candle wax i make fake stick of dynomite compleete with real looking logo on the side of stick with a real fuze on the end and took it to school. Principle sees me with it and i just tell him its not real and what i did. He just takes my word for it and gives it back not even looking a bit worried. Slim Its like he was just sure slim would never blow us up. He is crazy but not that crazy.

Hick said:

In my day:
'
[SIZE=+1]"grass" was mowed,
[SIZE=+1]
'
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]"coke" was a cold soft drink,[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]
'
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]"pot" was something your mother cooked in and[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]
'
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]"rock music" was your grandmother's lullaby.[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]
'
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]"Aids" were helpers in the Principal's office,[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]
'
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]" chip" meant a piece of wood,[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]
'
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]"hardware" was found in a hardware store and[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]
'
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]"software" wasn't even a word.[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]
And we were the last generation to actually believe that a lady needed a husband to have a baby. No wonder people call us "old and confused" and say there is a generation gap... and how old do you think I am?
[/SIZE]

I can realte to most of those...not all but most. [/SIZE]

It is insanity at its finest.My 9 yr old brought home some homework form school the other day 4th grade math from what it was supposed to be, not even close they have these kids doing algebra now working with decimals and fractions, these are things that we never had seen till the 6,7,8 grades.Kids now are bombarded with so much information and adult content material that they are forced to grow up faster than need be. Parents have little to no control of their kids because they are scared of what the authorities can/will do if you use a "abusive" punishment. I can think of one time when i stole 1 dollar to buy a lunch at school from my parents change jug, it was found to be missing and i was spanked with a belt and made to stand in a corner for the rest of the night, now if you kids are to do something like that and you respond in the same manor you likely to be prosecuted for child abuse and imprisoned for a few years because of it, and forget ever having any relationship with your kids again the agencies will be sure tat there is no way you ever get close to them again except to charge you for the expenses that they have made by putting them in state funded foster care. Where guess how they turn out, stealing cars at 15 robbing gas stations, and breaking into houses at 17, and incarcerated at 19 for what amounts to not having a firm enough hand while growing up.

hee hee hee dubb, I saw a bumper stivker awhile back, said
"SOCIAL SERViCES NEEDS A SPANKING" .. :p .. bowaaaaa haaa

Im only a youngun myself, so wasnt around 40 years ago, but i must say, things have gone crazy with all these politics and laws.

Its pathetic
Black rubbish bags now have to be called 'refuse sacks/bags' because it offends black people.
Blackboards in school have to be called chalkboards for the same reason.
And i read the other day, that in some schools, they arnt allowed to use the 'Three little pigs nursery rhyme' because it offends muslims?

Seriously, what the hell is up with that crap? Nobody cares about what they're called, how can anyone possibly be offended.

I also have serious views when it comes to immigration. And some might say my views edge towards racism, but i feel i have valid arguments.

I worked in a college once, doing admin work, and had to sort paperwork daily, immigration documents for students, and benefit details.
The college was full of students, that had been in the country less than a few weeks, AND were getting hundreds of pounds in benefits. and hundred each for the 10 children they bought over.

One paper, a family of mother, father and a few children, were getting around £2000+ a month in benefits, and they hadnt been in the country long.

Also did you know, polish people who work in the UK, can claim child benefit for their children that STILL LIVE IN POLAND!

Also, if you apply for asylum in the UK, and it gets denied, you can appeal as many times as you like, and get put into FREE accomodation whilst its being processed. Sometimes it takes 6 months to a year to process. and when its denied, they simply appeal again!!

And prisoners, get games consoles, flat screen TV's, and hundreds of other luxurys inside, i dont even have that stuff.

Im sorry about my views, and the above probably seems racist, but i have many other things that arnt related to other races and immigrants, its just that kinda stuff annoys me the most

Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist.

LMFAO!

..'K folks, you all know our policy on politics.
I realize that the posts.."stimulate" the political thinking process, but let's not roam too far.. ;)

Hicks right. Tread lightly. Don't wanna have to close this thread. :p

I am on a Mom board. Lots of times squabbles happen. Some folks will be like, "Who am I to judge", and others are like, "How can ya not"? Trying to be "politically correct" these days is just crazy. I remember they changed the Indian Princesses /Indian Guide program (similiar to boy/girl scouts) because it offended native americans. I was in Indian Princesses back in the 70s. No one seemed to mind then. Now it's Y guides instead (YMCA).

You just can't get it right these days without going over the top. Its insane!

I felt compelled to say that.

The world really has changed.

I don't know if thats all bad. I still see a lot of good. :)

Yeppers it's a strange world,

The fact of the matter is that it is OUR world, and WE can call the shots.
I remember one time getting into trouble for sassing my Mom, Mom is a big German woman, and I should have known better. She didn't play that wait till your dad gets home stuff, she dealt with things straight up and fast. Well she sent me to my room, and informed me that she would be there in a few minutes, Heck I knew what that meant, I mean who wouldn't. So I start stuffing dry washclothes into the back of my pants, LOL In comes mom, and believe it or not she did actually knock first.

Now mom had a way of grabbing you, she was right handed so she would grab your left upper arm with her left hand, and that would line you up for the swinging belt with her right hand. She grabbed a loop of the vacuum cord and started swinging, but it didn't hurt cause of all the washclothes.

Well she finished, and I shoulda got an oscar for the great scene of crying I put on. By the way my brothers were in there too, as we shared the room.
Mom left, and I busted out laughing. Well the door rocketed in, and mom was pissed big time, pants were dropped, and she wailed the tar outta me, I swear I think I saw horns, and fire, and smoke that morning. and got a good working understanding of what it means to sell your soul. LMAO

You know I look back on all those days , and the occasional punishment, and I find I have no scars, no hurt feelings, no damaged self image, and no desire to get even. I deserved exactly what I got, Heck I shoulda got a lot more than what I did, that's for sure. But I did grow up knowing that I was loved, respected, nurtured, encouraged, and given more freedoms than one could imagine. I grew up very happy.

I only swatted mine a few times in their lives, usually all I gotta do is growl, and walk away from them, and they get the idea fast.

I asked my son (20 yrs old), if I was ever to mean with any of the punishments and he just lunged at me with a big hug, and laughed, that spoke volumes.
So there it is, I learned how to love, and to help my kids grow up like I did, I will never surrender what it is that a parent has the responsibility to do.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Our parents said the same when they were our age too, the world is continually evolving, not always for the good, but continually changing.

Hick said:
hee hee hee dubb, I saw a bumper stivker awhile back, said
"SOCIAL SERViCES NEEDS A SPANKING" .. :p .. bowaaaaa haaa

Id have to agree with that too man. My 9 yr old had a rough time with his mom and I that group. it was a nasty custody fight she tried to use them to gain false accusations for ammo against me, it didn't work and I'm the one with sole custody, she had visitation rights but after 2 months just stopped showing up for the visits. I also feel that i was the bigger person after they few years of paying an absurd amount of child support i made sure that the courts and attorneys had made it clear that i didn't want her to have to pay for me taking care of my own child and it was not a cent comes to him from her. I'm still angry with her that she doesn't make the attempt to see one of her sons or even contact him to see how hes been, but in the long run after all the manipulation and lies she told him its probably for the best.

We "...see the sun going down and the eyes in our head see the world spinning round..."
Nothing new under the sun

Latest posts

Back