why is the humidity in my flower tent so much higher then my veg cab?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuckdee123

Roland Burnett
Reaction score
hey MP. i am being more and more concerned about the humidity in my flower tent.... all of yesterday it at at 56%, was was sorta concerning to me, but this morning (lights were off) it checked and it was at 67%. i know, i need to get that lower.

but the reason im posting here is because my veb cab is maybe 4ft away from the flower tent, same room, same air going in, and humidity RARELY gets above 35%

is this weird? it seems kinda weird to me... any advise on lowering the humidity in the flower tent would help too...thanks...

The more plants you have the higher the humidity will be...

Is there more significantly more plants in flower than in veg?

There is also more plant material/plant in flower.

But, I really don't know a specific reason.

DD

I'm sure it has to do with cell respiration...it gives off gasses which up the humidity.

This is one time where being in NJ in Jan is a good thing...my humidity is low right now and it is as easy as cracking a window in my grow room to lower temps when needed....other then that I hate the Winter.

Chuck I found this post online...maybe look into CC?

"Another option to help lower RH is to use calcium Chloride, punch some holes into a pail lid, and fill the lid with CC, leave it in the room, and the water will gather in the pail below, this is a slower way of doing it but it doesnt cause any extra heat output, and its a lot cheaper to use too. daily emptying will be neccessary."

thanks for that info hammy... that sounds like a nice cheap alternative.. right up my ally;)

420, dd- that exactlywhat i wouldhave thought... the veg cab is overgrowded as hell and at 35%.... the the flower has 1plant that has been there for 1 day and is at 67%... weird right....

There is always more humidity for me in flowering than during vegetation. As Droopy said, there is more plant matter during flowering. The bigger, more mature the flowers get, the more humid it tends to get.

nice to see ya alistar. i feel what your saying. but the flower tent has been in use for less then 24 hours. the plants havent started flowering yet. :confused2:

whatever, either way i need to lower it. just dont make sense to me.

What is the fan set up in the veg and the flower room? As the others said, even with the plant only being in there for 24 hours it will increase the humidity allot.

Info on the fans would help.

my pots are bigger in the flower room , so i have more water evaperating in flower room .

budculese said:
my pots are bigger in the flower room , so i have more water evaperating in flower room .

wow. thanks bud. the hygrometer was sitting on top of damp soil. that should give it a high reading huh. thanks everyone who chimed in.

LOL. chuck its good to see you re-nigged on throwing in the towel b/c of that stupid PM. my bloom is usually higher also, like the previous answers.

ill c yah

i knew a lil mold wouldnt keep u down

i use a dehumidifier 24/7 after 5 weeks into flowering, if i dont, i will get mold consistently. before that i don't mind humidity being in the 50-60 levels

Hamster Lewis said:
This is one time where being in NJ in Jan is a good thing...my humidity is low right now and it is as easy as cracking a window in my grow room to lower temps when needed....other then that I hate the Winter.
Oh I hate winter. We have very mild winters here, thank God. Makes my hands bad. That is interesting about the two very different humidity conditions on feet away from each other.

Latest posts

Back