Why the sudden growth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
Just started the last few days and 2 of girls are showing signs of this.
Flowering 1-15-10
Soil mix of kelloggs & MG
Nutes F.F. Big bloom tiger bloom feed time as on the bottle weekly
Light 1000 w hps 12/12
temp 73
height is 6 foot tall and only the top is doing this. stretch some.

There is NO light leak that I can see, No light coming out mean no light going in.

Could grow big do this.?

2-28-10 005.jpg

Nutes, lowlight,a few things can do this....Sativa! Maybe her sat side is shining through! Congrats.

the chef said:
Nutes, lowlight,a few things can do this....Sativa! Maybe her sat side is shining through! Congrats.

Low light and my others are doing good and they are all slammin against the hood as is and can still raise the hood another 8 inch, but that give it more stretch growth don't want..
Now longer time to harvest for sure. Damn

These are N.L.& P.P. strain so maybe it her Satvia shinning through..

Had a thai ss that i had to take early that was at 6'3".

How tall were they when u switched to 12/12?

v35b said:
How tall were they when u switched to 12/12?

I want to say 3 or 4 feet tall and i had one that was a foot taller and bigger and I couldn't get the light low enough so I had to put milk crate under them and which i didn't have enough at the time and no table for them to sit on, with out making something to have problems to tare down later.

I am going on a milk crate hunt next week..;)

I think if you have a mainly sativa strain. You will end up with some tall girls.

I have some growing now that are over 5', and I went to 12/12 when they just 10-12"

lol looks like the magic bean, watch out for the giant's castle at the top

definately sativa dominant...you could do some lst on her so she's not growing into the light.

I had one sat dom in my first attempt at indoor growing, and I was constantly bending and tieing her, then it got to be where I was prunning branches to keep her out of the light. Then I fianlly just got sick of it, and yanked her, because she was hogging the light to all my other plants, and was going to take forever to finish.

If you waited until they were 3' to flip to 12/12...lol...you were asking for this, sativa's can easily triple in height....and some go way more. Ask Umbra about his chocolope...(I think thats what he had that he said went like 5x)

"Covering the floor with white plastic, Mylar, or white poster board increases the amount of light received by the plants, and prevents stretching by targeting the lower canopy." - Ed Rosenthal's Marijuana Growing Tips.

It also says to give your plants space from one another so their not fighting to get light to their lower canopies.

the stock looks pretty thin and leaves look sparse, could be Sativa genes, as I'm sure you know you can prune your plants to be more bushy..:)

parkone said:
How long did they veg?

1 1/2 months before 1 just went wild and next thing I knew they stretch some and ready for Flowering

legalize_freedom said:

I had one sat dom in my first attempt at indoor growing, and I was constantly bending and tieing her, then it got to be where I was prunning branches to keep her out of the light. Then I fianlly just got sick of it, and yanked her, because she was hogging the light to all my other plants, and was going to take forever to finish.

If you waited until they were 3' to flip to 12/12...lol...you were asking for this, sativa's can easily triple in height...

No way do I want to do the Tieing crap Again not this late
into flowering..!!:eek: Hoggs they Become...

Yea I was asking for it when I switched over to 12/12 at 3 foot and Won't do that again!;) Seems like I should of remember that in my notes, well I didn't write it down for my future grow..:eek:

Chop the top and see if I can Clone it.:eek:

Flyinghigh said:
No way do I want to do the Tieing crap Again not this late
into flowering..!!:eek: Hoggs they Become...

Yea I was asking for it when I switched over to 12/12 at 3 foot and Won't do that again!;) Seems like I should of remember that in my notes, well I didn't write it down for my future grow..:eek:

Chop the top and see if I can Clone it.:eek:

i did the same thing on my first batch of clones. they were around 2 1/2 feet when i flipped them to 12/12. they doubled in size.

i'm on my second batch of clones now and flipped them to 12/12 when they got 12 inches tall. i've also done some LST training on them and have about 4 to 5 tops per plant. i'm about 10 days into flowering now and i think they look good.

check out my threads, you'll see my grow journal if you want.

dude if they were three or 4 feet high when u flipped them then you shouldnt be to surprised if they reach 8 feet tall. plants sometimes double in size if not more when put into flower.

It's certainly more of a pain to do it when they are 6 foot and out of control, than when they are 6-12" and vegging with nice green pliable stems.

You could chop the top, (I wouldn't, I'd bend her over and tie her)...the longer you wait the harder it will get, but if there isn't flowers forming yet up there...I'd take a foot off the *****, rather then cutting her 3 or 4 times over the next month.

You can clone her...she might take awhile to revert back to veg and throw roots...but sure you can!

legalize_freedom said:
You could chop the top, (I wouldn't, I'd bend her over and tie her)...the longer you wait the harder it will get, but if there isn't flowers forming yet up there...I'd take a foot off the *****, rather then cutting her 3 or 4 times over the next month.

You can clone her...she might take awhile to revert back to veg and throw roots...but sure you can!

L.F. There is small buds forming and I thought about chopping the top, but I don't want to have extra branches shooting out.
Crap I hate to tie the Witch down as that can be a chore and take up room.

Well hopefully another 4 weeks that all it will take to finish til harvest.!

What funny is that I got 2 plant out of 6, and there all the same strain and it Not doing the extra growth.

bluealein56 said:
dude if they were three or 4 feet high when u flipped them then you shouldnt be to surprised if they reach 8 feet tall. plants sometimes double in size if not more when put into flower.

Yea I know I shouldn't be surprise as I had grown the same strain last time and put into flower when they were a little taller..

My Veggie grow, growing right now are about 8 inches and just starting to show there sex, yea from seeds, I am going to clone some of those and be DONE with seeds. I have some Granddaddy purple that I am getting ready to clone and have cloned some of my plants that in the flower room that are taking life "YEA"

Latest posts

Back