Why

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ezdavedawg

WHAT!UP?
Reaction score
Why isnt my plant showing its sex!! its already 2 weeks into flowering and still no sign

How old is the plant total what kind of conditions do you have, it could be the strain too some do take longer to show sex when forced to.

The plant is around 31 days old 12/12 in soil under 45 watt cfl and its bagseed

shes not old enough yet going to be at least 6 weeks old before she may show sex on 12/12 from seed grows. Couple more weeks and itll get going on it :aok: is the one bulb you have her under ? what size of area you got it in you may need some more lighting for her to get growing good. Check out this [thread=9396]LINK[/thread] it will help you out TONS ;)

do you think i should switch back to veg or just leave it
-the grow space is 3ft tall 2ft deep and 2ft wide in my closet

A plant at 31 days may not be mature enough to grow pistils. Bagseed will give you any type of unknown weed with no known history of flowering or type of pheno or strain.

Nothing against bagseed by the way. It's fun to try a new strain for free.

Your flowering area may need investigation as to whether or not it is light or dark tight for night time flowering.

ezdavedawg said:
do you think i should switch back to veg or just leave it
-the grow space is 3ft tall 2ft deep and 2ft wide in my closet

I would not switch lighting schedule now as your bagseed might hermie on you. Keep the schedule and ride it out. A 12/12 from seed is fun.

Your 4 square ft space needs 20,000 lumens. 15,000 at best. That's equivelant to a 150 watt HPS. Your lighting lumens during the day is what helps your plant develop flowers during 12 hrs of dark.

i closed the door while i was in there once it was kind of dark but the growspace has a blanket over it so im sure no lights getting in but do you think i should start veg again to let it mature more? heres a pic of it

04-19-08_1924.jpg

04-19-08_1923.jpg

I say continue 12/12, also considering you height restriction.

I'm waiting about 9 days now for the last of my 3 strains to show sex (Red Shiva), the other 2 strains showed in about 4/5 days.
Hang in there bud. Good luck, hope it's a ladie :)

this ones just taking forever but ill keep it on a 12/12 and try and get more cfls in the grow room

Good looking plant man, go with the advice so far. Keep her on the 12/12 it wont be much longer till you will start seeing sex on her from her size. That plant IMO looks to be indica dominate (braod leaves big indicator), and that tells me it may be an 8-10 weeks flowering cycle for it. MOJO for the grow man :cool2:

that plants looks great ,,1 of mine took nearly 3 weeks from when i put them into 12/12,,patience is a virtue :giggle:

You really need more light. A 45W cfl is going to produce sparse wispy buds, at best. A plant put into flowering this early with inadequate light will generally produce only a couple of grams...

I would have to agree with The Hemp Goddess on this one. That plant may yield 3 or 4 grams with the light you have it under. The buds also will be light and wispy. CFL's are crap for flowering. I would invest in an HID system if you want real results. If that's not an option, get as many cfls in there as you possibly can. As for sex, just give it some more time and it will show. Patience is one of the hardest skills a gardener can master. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

Do you think if I put 2 more 45 watt cfls in there it will be alright

smokybear said:
Patience is one of the hardest skills a gardener can master.

This is the best advice you can EVER get.

Add whatever you can afford. 2 more would help,4 more would be better
A T5 54w 4-6 bulb would be better yet. You can go up to T5's before you have to start worrying about heat issues

Any HID would be best. But then you would have to address heat and ventilation.

ezdavedawg said:
Do you think if I put 2 more 45 watt cfls in there it will be alright

1 42 watt cfl = 2,800 lumens. You have 4 sq ft. Need 5,000 lumens per sq ft. or at least 3,000 minimum for your growspace.

You'll need (7) 42 watters for 5,000 lumens per sq ft, or a minimum of (5) 42 watters for 3,000 lumens per sq ft.

Latest posts

Back