will a 400 watt and a 600 watt be enough?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aurora_Indicas_Dad

Legalize it in U.S.A.
Reaction score
i went to my local hydroponic shop today i told the guy ("the most knowledgable dude in the shop") i was plannin on using two 600 watt growbright ultimate hps/mh grow lights with euro hoods (from htgsupply.com) for my 4x9 garden and he told me that if i just ran a 400 watt in the middle of a 4x4' section,and then a 600 watt in the middle of the remaining 5'x4' section that i'd have good results and could save some cash on the purchase as well as the electrical bills.what do ya guys think?..........after talking with him, as of right now my plan is as follows-

*** a htgsupply 400 watt ultimate hps/mh grow light with euro hood (for a 4x4 section)

***a Grow Bright ultimate 600 watt hps/mh grow light with a euro hood and an upgraded sunmaster hps bulb for flowering (for the 5x4 section)

-Thanks for any input.

would better better if you can give us a little more, like reflectors of light so on and so forth, how is your grow room built? can you post pics?

"5000 lumen per sq ft"
a 400 hps emits around 45000-50000
a 600 around 90000-95000

KAMSAI said:
would better better if you can give us a little more, like reflectors of light so on and so forth, how is your grow room built? can you post pics?
thanks for trying to help but i explain my grow room in my signature (at the bottom of every one of my posts) and as for what kinda reflector,i put down the type of reflector (hood) they're air cooled euro hoods.as for pics,they'll be in my journal as soon as i get my wifes camra and a new charger (she lost her charger so it wont work right now)

thanks for the reply hick, as for lumens,it says on their website that their 400 watt gives off 55,000 lumens "unlike standard 400 watt hps bulbs which emitt 45,000-50,000" and the mh bulb emits 38,000 lumens "rather that the 30,000-36,000 lumens standard mh bulbs put out" as for the 600 watt with the sunmaster hps bulb,it puts out 95,000 lumens.the mh bulb that comes with it puts out 66,000 lumens.ok, so thats the lumens,..is this enough for my 9'x4' garden?

those increased lummens boasts would only be for the first hundred hours or so... the output peaters off with the age of the bulb use...

I recommend you go with your original assesment and stick with the 2 600W's.... ya can't have too much, but you can have too little....

then i guess its a good thing i asked because the "main guy" at the local hydroponic shop said that the 400 and 600 would be enough light for a 9x4 garden. thanks guys

Latest posts

Back