600 watt hps with ballast - WTH am I Doing!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tropical Sativa Man

Cannabis is bad BC it´s not gender-neutral
Reaction score
link does not work for me

my opinion is to buy a Quantum adjustable 600 watt ballast and be done with it
1624722489213.png

Growershouse has Quantum 600 watt, 118.99. 50 buck discount. although shipping to Phillipine will be high.

Bubba

I'm thining about t5 for veg but there are sooooooo many different t5 lights out there. i have no idea how to pick the right one :(
Me? I just use any good 100 watt led (actual pull from the wall, typically called a manufacturers "1000" ) for veg, times however much space is needed to cover. On the cheap, Phlizon has a 1000 model (about 100 watts) on sale at amazon for 79 bucks. Samsung 301 leds and the good red ones. Mars hydro, spider Farmer HGL all offer these.

I still have nightmares about T5 tubes from the old days. Large, clunky, old dead tubes to deal with, etc. These small panels are the bomb for mother/veg uses.

Bubba

...And the Hortilux bulb in HPS for flower. The notes for the Quantum at Growershouse says they will not honor warranty if any
other bulb is used.....it is a great bulb BTW but pricey. What isnt.

Bubba

I have grown many times from start to finish with HOT5s. Got some pretty nice buds too.
I had an 8 tube 4ft system. Put out 40,000 lumens. I used 6500k for veg and 2700k for flower. No heat problems and the light spreads well.

Me? I just use any good 100 watt led (actual pull from the wall, typically called a manufacturers "1000" ) for veg, times however much space is needed to cover. On the cheap, Phlizon has a 1000 model (about 100 watts) on sale at amazon for 79 bucks. Samsung 301 leds and the good red ones. Mars hydro, spider Farmer HGL all offer these.

I still have nightmares about T5 tubes from the old days. Large, clunky, old dead tubes to deal with, etc. These small panels are the bomb for mother/veg uses.

Bubba
I have a 2x4 tent. I have 14 seedlings ranging from 1 day to 23 days. I guess I could probably keep them all clustered together for another six weeks. I like plants to be at least 2 feet tall before flowering.

I would probably need 2 lights for that space right?

I have grown many times from start to finish with HOT5s. Got some pretty nice buds too.
I had an 8 tube 4ft system. Put out 40,000 lumens. I used 6500k for veg and 2700k for flower. No heat problems and the light spreads well.
Would that fit in a 2or tent? Dude you go down a serious rabbit home wit those t5s. They are more complicated than LEDs!!! No one sells then here, so I would have to ship from Amazon and all t5s on Amazon are sold out

Latest posts

Back