wiring flouro help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohninWI

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I got the tubes for my new vegging box. The box is 24"x12" and I'm running 2 18" tubes and CFLs to get it up around 45w/ft2

My tubes are the el-cheapo industrial kind that don't have a plug and need assembly. The instructions say they need to be grounded, and there is a green grounding bold on the housing, but the rest of the fixture is wired. There is a white and black wire running out of the end.

It says to ground the gold wire to the bolt. However, there is no gold wire! I'm wondering if my instructions came from a different model? If I remember right, you just want to wire the tubes in parallel---blacks together, whites together. Then wire them to a plug.

Thanks. I think it will be a pretty tight setup when it's done.

Black to black and white to white and you should be fine. There should be a ground wire though. Do you have any pics of them? I really dont know what else to tell you. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

The electrical pigtail that you install to power your lights should have 3 wires--a hot (usually black), a neutral (usually white) and a ground (usually green or bare copper). You attach black to black, white to white and the ground wire (from the cord you install) to the ground screw on the fixture.

Thanks Goddess. I looked at it again, and that was the only conclusion I could come up with--that the green grounding bolts on the light's chassis had to go to a ground on a "3-prong" outlet.

Latest posts

Back