Wiring sockets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

adam420

I want to wire up some bulb sockets for my cfl's and and use the Y spilter also. Can someone show me a diagram of how to wire up 3 bulb sockets and a plug to fit into the wall. Would 3 sockets plus 3 Y spliters totaling 6 cfl bulbs fit on to 1 plug that goes into a wall?

well in canada where i live by code you can hook up 3 seperate light sockets to use with your y apators, your allowed a total of 12 amp on a 15 amp curcit the other 3 amps is your safety margin for the circut the cfls the 6 cfls shouldn't come cloe to that many amps, as for the wiring make sure you use 14/2 with ground for the extion cable from the lights to the wall you can feed one light with main power from the wall to the first light octagon box then jump to the other two for power make sure you hook ground up on 3 prong plug for wall and in the octagon box's as for the wire hook up white is commin and always hooks up too siler on the light sockets and wall plug black is your hot and hooks up to brass on the light sockets and wall plug...

i forgot i recommend using 14/2 with ground romex or bx wire for jumping from first light octagon to the 2nd then the 3rd light boxs

would you have a drawing of how it should be done. I have an idea after reading your post but I don't want to make any mistakes.

adam420 said:
would you have a drawing of how it should be done. I have an idea after reading your post but I don't want to make any mistakes.
i will whip you up a drawing and post it for ya

I got it,. Thanks for your help (leafts.rule.75) I was wiring it up this afternoon and it all works great.

adam420 said:
I got it,. Thanks for your help (leafts.rule.75) I was wiring it up this afternoon and it all works great.
Ok cool glad i could lend a helping hand to ya, and im a electrician so everything i told ya is up too code for canada and #1 safe..:48:

Latest posts

Back