Would this be any good for flowering anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smoko

Ignored Member
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I've got 2 girls 3 weeks into flower http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38962&page=5 , and it's time for some nutes I reckon.

Any idea if this spec is any good?

Cheers

Searles Liquid Potash Plus
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Boosted potassium fertiliser - 20% potassium (K).
• Contains added phosphorus - 4% phosphorus (P).
• Is concentrated,- one litre of concentrate makes 1000 litres.
• Is designed to be used as a regular foliar feed and soil drench and to assist in disease and frost resistance.
• Improves flower colour and fruit production.

Searles® Liquid Potash Plus is a high analysis fertiliser for promoting bigger and better flowers, improving fruit size, fruit quality and quantity and improving vegetables. It also helps to develop hardy plant growth and disease resistance.

Searles® Liquid Potash Plus contains added phosphorus for improved response and greater performance.

Potash - (potassium) is an essential plant nutrient. It helps to produce and form colourful flowers and improved fruits and it plays a vital role in thickening and strengthening plant cell walls, thereby improving disease and frost resistance.
[/FONT]

I don't see that as a complete flowering fertilizer. A good example of the proper proportions of N, P. & K would be 5, 30, 15. A ratio like that is ideal for flowering. I believe you need more P. So, you have plenty of K and a little bit of P, but there's no N.

for flowering, N is not really necessary if the plant is health and lush. it will have enough N stored...but with that said, I would be skeptical of claims that a fertilizer can aid in disease and frost control. disease control is microorganisms in your soil, not the fertilizer you use.

What he said. You want phos for flowering. Personally, Im big on organics. Blood meal is full of nitro and bone meal is all phos. A frickin banana peel is LOADED with phos, LOL...Im saving my banana peels, cutting them real tiny so they break down quick, and adding them to my mondo compost. (actually, my Mondo Compost Tea CAN grow hair on a golf ball, but who wants a hairy golf ball?)

One thing to remember is, the chem ferts all SOUND like they will gtow hair on a golf ball, but they are really just the components, nitro, phos and potassium. So, dont be fooled by the claims on the package. Of course there's other additives like vitamins, trace minerals and amino acids, a horse of a different color, entirely.

LassChance said:
but who wants a hairy golf ball?
LOL ... :D

I've got a product called Nitrosol which is high in Nitrogen (never of guessed it by the name! ... :rolleyes: :D) but yeah, was under the impression in flowering I'd be looking for Phosphorus & Potassium

Gonna give this other stuff a dose of tonight I reckon.

Cheers

LassChance said:
What he said. You want phos for flowering. Personally, Im big on organics. Blood meal is full of nitro and bone meal is all phos. A frickin banana peel is LOADED with phos, LOL...Im saving my banana peels, cutting them real tiny so they break down quick, and adding them to my mondo compost. (actually, my Mondo Compost Tea CAN grow hair on a golf ball, but who wants a hairy golf ball?)

One thing to remember is, the chem ferts all SOUND like they will gtow hair on a golf ball, but they are really just the components, nitro, phos and potassium. So, dont be fooled by the claims on the package. Of course there's other additives like vitamins, trace minerals and amino acids, a horse of a different color, entirely.

You're right! Im wrong! Just watched KOB the Australian grower on youtube...and he sez give em a jolt of potash the last month before harvest.

LassChance said:
Just watched KOB the Australian grower on youtube
Just looked on YouTube for KOB and can't find him.

No other comments so will give a dose of later.

Latest posts

Back