Would you still grow ... ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you still grow ... ?

• Yes!

• No!

• Unsure?

Results are only viewable after voting.

mal_crane

Reaction score
Here's the scenario:

If marijuana were taxed and you could buy it from the local quick stop, would you still grow it?

Remember that cigarettes bought and sold are pumped full of chemicals and taxed to the hilt ($7.50 in NY!). What would the quality of government taxed marijuana cigarettes be like?

And for med growers, you can assume that if marijuana is legal and taxed in this scenario, that it can also be prescribed by certified doctors for a usually hefty fee like most all prescription drugs today.

If marijuana is taxed, would they impose harsher penalties on dealers and growers? Just a thought.

Would you still grow cannabis?

:fly: Mal C :fly:

hahaha no doubt i would grow...i would grow a huge spot to...and so what if they found it,just pay some taxes haha i could end up selling enough 5 dollar grams of better quality than the store to dipset by then.but in reality yes i would grow and most likely supply about 15 heads with nice smoke and in turn suffer no consequences with taxes or anything along those lines.especially if it became legal to buy sell and grow and have.that means the local law enforcement wouldnt be all over my balls using thermal imaging n **** on my house to throw me in jail for plants.in turn saving money for that reason on law enforcements end,but no doubt a huge chunk of money lost for the prison industry.EDIT: i do smoke cigarettes as well.and anyone can tell you that yes i could grow quality smoke so i dont pay 4 to 8 dollars a pack but think about it,pot is a weed with little attention to detail anyone can throw seeds in the ground and grow pot outside and get there fix.but not so much the same with a manageable plant such as tobacco.plus i am new to growing and rather young.whos to say i wouldnt grow it in a later date if i continue smoking it anyways.i do plan to stop.hahahaha

noneedforalarm said:
but in reality yes i would grow and most likely supply about 15 heads with nice smoke and in turn suffer no consequences with taxes or anything along those lines.especially if it became legal to buy sell and grow and have.

But suppose it isn't legal to sell or grow without some kind of commercial government license but you can buy it legally taxed at the store. Would you still grow?

mal_crane said:
But suppose it isn't legal to sell or grow without some kind of commercial government license but you can buy it legally taxed at the store. Would you still grow?

This is analagous to alchohol and illegal distilling. I have a reflux still and I would grow my own mj, too. I hope this does not violate the discussion of other illegal drugs rule :hubba:. I didn't say I actually distill alchohol, I just made one to ummm, make distilled water for the ummmm, clothes iron.

yes yes of course...i mean i grow when its illegal why not?same difference no?i did clarify there though,with yes i would originally then i said "especially if" big if there = P

If the weed was good and resonable price...... ahh who am I kidding Im not even going to want to spend $50.00 an oz.

I miss my closet but I would miss my bud more.

If i could grow two ounces of ww, and then find the same ww for a marginally cheaper price compared the current street value then yeah, i would quit growing. But, i would continue growing if i was only able to get the quality from growing at home.

Without crunching numbers, the price of mj theoretically should drop to half of the street value if made legal, but you're right, just like cigs, the taxes would be amazing.

i know what i grow is good,hell no i would not stop growing.

andy52 said:
i know what i grow is good,hell no i would not stop growing.

You misread the poll then. The poll says "Would you still grow ...?" and you said no ... and now you post and say you would not STOP growing ... contradictory eh?

mal_crane said:
Very much so

I don't think you can compare growing a plant to making alcohol... I think growing weed to many is a passion, i dont think its the same case for alcohol distillers... lol

I grow most of my own vegetables because it's cheaper that way and tastier, if it were legal to buy it at a gas station and i can't imagine there would be any laws prohibiting you from growing a personal amount. I would still grow.

I can understand the feelings,

We all pay a heap load of taxes, some are good and just, and some aren't so good.

You guys all know that we don't discuss selling, or talk about other drugs so lets abandon that aspect of the conversation shall we.

I voted yes, I would still grow for the simple fact that I wish to be in control of what I put into my body. Period...

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna :cool:

My friends and I do home brew beer. But I buy beer as well. Currently, both of these activities are legal. Now if it was illegal to grow and the crime was $100 fine, then not too discouraging. But if it was a crime to grow and it was 20 yrs to life, or go buy it at the store. Well of course not. I only take that risk now because I can't go to the store and buy it.

id still grow ,,,,,i like the whole process of growing,,, watching something i have created grow into something beautiful that i can enjoy at the end of its life cycle :peace:
makes me feel like a proud momma every time i burn a fatty of my own stash :hubba:

UKgirl420 said:
id still grow ,,,,,i like the whole process of growing,,, watching something i have created grow into something beautiful that i can enjoy at the end of its life cycle :peace:
makes me feel like a proud momma every time i burn a fatty of my own stash :hubba:

:yeahthat: I think the hubby would be more apt to let me do it again if it were legal. ;)

NewbieG said:
I don't think you can compare growing a plant to making alcohol... I think growing weed to many is a passion, i dont think its the same case for alcohol distillers... lol

:confused: Tell that to someone who is a brewmaster for a living lol

cadlakmike1 said:
I grow most of my own vegetables because it's cheaper that way and tastier, if it were legal to buy it at a gas station and i can't imagine there would be any laws prohibiting you from growing a personal amount. I would still grow.

:yeahthat: I enjoy the hobby of growing and watching, nurturing a little tiny seed into a beautiful plant - my wife also loves it too...
I (we) have invested the $ into this where it pays for itself (most the time) this is one of the reasons I grow, so I don't have to buy it + I can smoke how ever much I want and not have to limit my self to whatever the government says how many joints come in a pack, or whatever stupid *** regulations they put... I can't stand this Government! all they want is to control US and take our money!!! and this would be another way for them to have their thumbs on us! so, to the Government having control, I GIVE THE BIG MIDDLE FINGER!!!

Latest posts

Back