yellow tips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizard

Reaction score
I'm alil concerned.The tips of the leaves on my plants are all going yellow.I'm growing 2 different strains.Also the buds are way more dense than the other.Of corce one is a big bud cross and the less dense one is an afghan kush cross.That may just be the difference.

some pictures would help..sounds like ya right at the nutrients the plant needs..I like to get tips yellow and then back the nutes a bit:aok:...sounds like you have some nice healthy ladies...hope this helps

:48:

Like the cute bald guy said, a little nute burn on the tips is fine. Show us a pic if you can.

In my experience, the yellowing tips means that you are maxing out the nutrients for the plants and it is beginning to burn them some. Many of us push our plants pretty hard and get some tip burning. The important thing is to back off the nutes some at this point. However, if you are getting a lot of yellowing across the plant, but only on the bigger fan leaves and you are well into flowering, then it may be the final yellowing off that occurs a lot of times. Is the yellowing only at the tips of the leaves or is it more uniform across the leaves but beginning at the tips as that will tell you which it is.

In my experience, the Kush tends to make smaller buds than some of the other plants like Big Bud.

Here new pics hard to upload pics to my lap top from my blk berry.Then resize to upload on site lol.I have a grow journal about my ladies.One is Northen lights x Bigbud auto,and the other is Afghan kush Ryder.My second indoor grow and my first auto grow. pic #1 is my Afghan #2 is my Bigbud cross.As far as the yellowing its just at the tips.Check out my journal and please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong.i would truly appreciate any ad vise and thanx for the tips here as well...

IMG-20130416-00218.jpg

IMG-20130416-00217.jpg

How do I put up journal inks to this thread?

just like you did your Lizard grow...in your signature...that thread you made in 2009...is there a new thread? plants look great..maybe a bit stretched but nice and green:D

:48:

Yeah the plants look fine. That yellowing at the tips of the leaves is definitely overnutrient. You have given them a little too much nutrients and it has caused the tips to burn. If it doesn't progress then you are ok, but if it continues to spread up the leaves then you will need to flush the soil some to remove some of the nutrients. You may be ok to just back off the nutrients a bit.

What are you feeding with and what kind of soil are you in?

To put a link in this thread, go to the page that you want to link and go to the top of the screen where it says http://www.marijuanapassion.com and right-click on that to highlight it and bring up a menu. Then left-click copy. Then come back to this page and write whatever you want and when you are ready to put the link in just space a couple times then right-click there to bring up the menu and then left click on paste and it will attach the link :)

Ok well as far my nutes go im using mg bloom booster.and worm dirt slurry.mg was all I could get here in town.I know mg is universaly hated by growers, but you work with what you can.it mixed at about 1/3 the streangth. Putting every thing together was a pain. Had to make multiple trips to different stores.Very low funds.any way soil was just some generic potting soil I mixed with fresh oak mulch and some compost.took for ever to bake.the n.p.k. of the nutes is 15 30 15./btw thanks hushpuppy I got the link up.thanx every body for the tips .

We don't hate MG nutes, they work great for flowers and bedding plants. The problem is that they are not formulated for the needs of MJ. Its like giving a child Centrum vitamins for men when they should be taking children's vitamins. MG nutes are not just too strong, they have the wrong amounts of the different nutrients for MJ. That's not to say that you can't grow MJ with it, but you will struggle to get the right levels and trying to prevent burning and deficiencies. If that's all you could get, then you work with what you have. :)

I would recommend to you, if you can recieve UPS or FEDEX shipments or have a friend that can, order new soil and nutrients online and have it shipped to you so that you can have it for the next round. And don't worry about LEO following shipments to your door. Unless you are having tractor-trailer loads brought to you for running a MJ plantation, its not worth the logistics for LEO to try to follow every shipment to what is often perfectly legal vegetable grows. I have had thousands of dollars worth of stuff shipped right to my door without so much as a look from LEO. You actually have a better chance of getting visited by LEO if you buy too much Advil cold and sinus at one time(I know from personal experience) than from ordering gardening supplies online. :)

I agree with Hushpuppy. Even if you do not have a credit or debit card, you could get an Amaon gift card and pic up some GH or other nutes formulated for MJ. Probably also cheaper than running all over town for supplies.

If you dont have a little bit of yellow on the leaf tips, you arent feeding them enough. jmo

Thanx guys the yellowing has not progessed from the tips at all.I have backed off the nutes.My norther lights big bud has started pushing trichs. will post some pics when I have time.Thanx angain

looks like your in 2 -3 rd week of flower my guess would be mag def

Should I feed every time I water or every other time?????? what would be the optimum N.P.K.??

Latest posts

Back