Yellowing and Dried out leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KushBlower12

Smoke em' if ya got em'
Reaction score
Im finishing up my 2nd week in flower and have been having some yellowing and discoloration on my fan leaves(not just the lower ones either) and also the leaves seem to be drying out. A few I can actually break off the tips because they are so dry and fragile. Last week I noticed a few black flies flying around the soil in my grow room. I bought some neem oil, hoping it would take care of it, but it hasnt. Ive been looking around the forum and it looks like diatomaceous Earth is what I should be using. Would these little flies or gnats cause the leaves to dry up like that?

006.jpg

007-1.jpg

Well I havent changed my watering at all. A couple of the leaves curled up and are now fragile which means over nuting, but I know I havent. My ph reads 6.8. Im still thinking this is caused by the bugs, but Im just checking. I really want to stop this before it gets worse. Thanks

how much have you been feeding the plant? Have you ever flushed the medium because salts will build up and burn the plants and lock out other nutes.

I would try and lower your Ph as well a bit, try 6.3 - 6.7ish for soil

KushBlower12 said:
Im still thinking this is caused by the bugs,
im a believer in gut feelings KB12, and this seems to be yours. i hear if the larvae of those gnats gets too bad you got root probs...root probs=plant/leaf probs. for sure let them dry up as stated above. when usind diatom. earth it will change your PH and is only active when dry so bottom feeding during this time is recommended..IMO

My girls are continuing to look sick. Two of them were starting to droop alot so I flushed the soil with clearex, and it seems to have helped. They arent drooping as much but we'll see if it helps bring them back. Im really starting to think some bad thoughts if this doesnt work. Im going to put down some more diatomaceous earth right now. Then Ill let the soil dry out or 2-3 days before watering again. Ive never tried watering from the bottom of the pot, Ill probably screw that up. Wouldnt this possibly create algae from the sitting water in the tray?

And also, does anyone else have anything to share about superthrive? Think I should be using it in this case? And what would happen if I gave them a little more nitrogen during the flower phase? Im hoping this would cause a little growth back. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

What ferts are you using? I know that in mid flower you should use a high nitrogen fert for one feeding. This is to help prevent early yellowing and give the plant enough N to finish the buds. Could this possibly be your issue?

Hi Hippy :)

My pots are I think 4 gallons.

And the nutes I use have a NPK of...

Fox Farm big bloom - 1-3-7
Beastie Bloomz - 0-50-30

Im also adding Botanicare Sweet which has no NPK value, Superthrive, and Seaweed Extract.

I made a foliar spray of epsom salt too, but havent seen any results

bigbudsbruddah said:
What ferts are you using? I know that in mid flower you should use a high nitrogen fert for one feeding. This is to help prevent early yellowing and give the plant enough N to finish the buds. Could this possibly be your issue?

Hey Bigbuds,

If this is true, then yes... this could definetly be my issue. I guess I thought once flowering has started, stop using nitrogen. So just use it ONE more time? And you think I should only go half on the nutes? I dont want to delay flowering too much... but at the same time I dont want them to die either. Thanks buds

Hippie and BigBuds - Thank you both so much. My girls are very important to me. As Im sure yours are to you. Ill get back to you to let you know how it turns out. Thanks alot gentlemen.

Kush

Were all here to help each other, were all here to grow free, if any of us know something, we share it, were all brothers and sisters here, no hierarchy, were all equal and we all want to see someone else beat the system :cool2:

:peace:

yup it looks too me like a toxic salt build up, any time there is anything crispy, it usually an overfeeding/salt build up. The worst thing you could do right now is feed more food, especially N, you are in your 2-3 week of flowering, N delays bud set and flowering in general.

I would say that the beastie bloom p/K booster may be the problem. At what rates are you feeding this at? IT is a lot better to wait until your flowers are well set to use p.k boosters like that and make sure that you only use them very sparingly, at like 1/4 of the manufactures directions.

Latest posts

Back