Yellowing seedling???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homemadegravity

Reaction score
One of the six seedlings that sprouted on 9-6-07 is starting to turn a kinda pale green like a yellowish green. All my other seedlings are a nice dark healthy green. Can this be due to a nute deficienicy? Or maybe a p.h problem, or genetics?
I'm using no nutes as of yet. My water I let sit out for at least 24 hours and then i boil it. They are in foxfarm planting mix soil that has worm casting and some guano, I also mixed in a little bit of some perlite.
If you need more info please ask. Heres a couple pics. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanx.

000_1359.jpg

000_1360.jpg

000_1361.jpg

could be something as simple as nutes from the soil dissolving in the waterin the pot. i'd check ur water run off ph, along with ur soil. whats the moisture levels? I'd at least give a day to see if it gets lighter or curls more.

I do not have any ph meters or moister meters. Im guessing that something I should probably get soon huh? Are ther all in one meters out there or should I just look for ameter for each?

Also I forgot to ask if its the nutes in the soil why arent my other seedlings doing this to?
And thank you for the link I will make sure to check it out and but a meter.

look at the pic of ur plants the one thats a light color looks to have a wetter soil. like i said could be something as simple as nutes dissolving in the water and the seedling taping into it. no worries IMHO. just give it a day.

Cool thanx man I appreciate your quick response. I have one more question though. I'm looking at different meters but what should I be mainly looking for in a meter? I see tds, ph, ec, ppm I'm just not sure if any of those are the same thing or if I just need not to worry about some of those or all of them?

One of the six seedlings that sprouted on 9-6-07 is starting to turn a kinda pale green like a yellowish green.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but they look like 2 days old.............

What is your lighting? What about the temp?

Here is a link to pics of some of my 10 day old seedlings I posted last week for comparison: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17086

BTW, good choice on soil. FF saved one of my little babies. Good luck with yours.

Pot Belly said:
Sorry to rain on your parade, but they look like 2 days old.............

What is your lighting? What about the temp?

Here is a link to pics of some of my 10 day old seedlings I posted last week for comparison: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17086

BTW, good choice on soil. FF saved one of my little babies. Good luck with yours.

Well I'm using a 250w mh now but I was using cfl's before and the temps range from 73 to 78. Also just to clear this up quick the one seedling that is yellow was the first to sprout on 9-6, all the others sprouted yesterday. So thats why they look so young. But I did think that the yellow one was behind a lil bit. This is the way I always grow in the same soil and never had a problem like this before. Ill let it dry out a bit and see if the problem persists. In the pics my plants were just watered to thats why they look so wet. And I usually just give them a quick spray down but i never get any run off water, should I be?

not unless u have excellent drainage and make sure the soil is moist. i have run off. jsut cuz i have good drainage so i pour it to them really good and the excess amounts just run out the bottom.

Thanx ya'll Ill give it a day or 2 and see how it goes. Ill give an update in a coule days let ya know how its going. Thanx again I appreciate the advice.

Well I'm using a 250w mh now but I was using cfl's before and the temps range from 73 to 78.

Looks like all your other stuff's right on................pH of soil would be interesting to know...........

Good luck with your sprouts

Looks normal to me..

the first set of leaves (not a fan leaf) will yellow and die and fall off.
its suppose to happen.

Its just going through its growing pains.. I wouldn't worry. They
look fine to me.

IMO: only meter you need is temp and humidity. And a PH test kit(cost
$5 at petstore. The droplet kind). ONE advantage of growing in soil.
alot simpler. Also, remember not to over water..

Latest posts

Back