Yoo Hoo from the Pacific Northwest - Oregon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SativaDiva

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Just registered about a week ago and have been doing a little reading on the forum today.

I'm here to learn about indoor growing (planning my first indoor system right now), and offer any help I can with outdoor growing (growing outdoors for 30+ years).

I am a Medical card holder, and I grow for two MM card holders as well. Because of our short and rather unpredictable growing season here in the Pacific Northwest (seems to be more unpredictable the last 2 years), I've decided to step up up my growing methods a notch or two by starting an indoor hyrdoponics system.

Initially, you'll likely see me hanging around the 'Hydroponic' forum a lot and asking some questions.

I've watched the famed hXXp://www.marijuanaschmarijuana.com/mr-greens-video/"]Mr Green's I Grow Chronic video and initially thought I'd do something like that - ebb and flow. Space is not an issue - I have access to 875 square feet of heated/well-ventilated basement just begging to give up some space for a hydroponics project.

Hmmm.... should I go 'Ebb and Flow', DWC, Aero/mist type, NFT... So many hydro options, so little hydro experience :confused:

Glad to be here! Here's to a Fruitfull and Prolific 2010 for All.

Welcome to MP....glad to hve you and your outdoor experience here at the best MJ site on the net hands down...I am a soil grower mostly.. I hve one DWC grow under my belt...lots of hydro growers here that are more then willing to help....good luck

welcome to MP.
if ya don't mind me askin, what strains do you grow for MM purposes?

FA$TCA$H - I have an old sativa-mix strain - The original seed I started using 'gorilla' style about 25 years ago.

Five years ago, I started 'micro climatizing' it to the growing conditions in my back yard. When it can stay in the ground till Holloween, it grows the longest, fatest, buds you've ever seen. A friend of mine calls them 'Donkey Dicks'. ;-)

It works wonders to control my seizure disorder - but for severe pain, I don't know. The card holders I grow for both say it works wonders for them. One has fibromyalsia, the other crippling arthritis. They are both 70+ years old though and just started using it for pain in the last two years. I don't think either of them smoked ANYTHING ever in their lives before that time.

I have JUST purchased my first batches of quality, high-thc seeds online - Got 'Thumper' and 'Upstate' from BCSeeds. Got 'Swiss Cheese' and 'Blackberry' from Nirvana. I'll put some Thumper and Blackberry outside this season along with my own sativa strain and see how it goes.

I'm in LOVE with BC Seeds. I got 30 FREE seeds with my order from them... and not any old cheap ordinary seeds either.

I'll be growing the following in my INDOOR Hydro setup (most from BC Seeds)

Upstate
Green Crack
Elephant
AK-BC
Cheese (nirvana)
New White Widow

Welcome to MP,
the site you will love and hate to leave!

Welcome to MP.

You will find that you will receive far more responses if you start a thread in the Hydro section with your question about different systems. There are many experienced hydro growers here. I myself am partial to DWC.

You may have noticed that I have editted your link. We ask that direct links not be posted here, but rather, that you substitute http with hXXp when posting links.

You may also want to check out the female growers group thread in the Coffee Table section. We are always thrilled to welcome another female grower.

DIVA, thanx for the response.
THG is correct, but i'm shure ya browsin around the site, for now.
again, welcome!

Welcome Diva! I'm a long time outdoor guy myself, who moved to the indoor thing a little over a yr ago. Your going to love it! I don't do Hydro, so I'll be no help to you with that, but look forward to seeing you around the site.

Hemp Goddess - Sorry for the link "faux pax". Thanks for correction. I won't make that mistake again.

SD

Welcome Sativa,

I'm a soil grower myself, but I wanted to welcome you to the forum. This is a nice collection of mature growers (for the most part) and we welcome your expertise in ourdoor growing. You'll like it here.

AG

Latest posts

Back