You people with 1000w HPS lights.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely the way to go. Isn't that what they call LST (Low Stress Training)?

I also noticed that my ballast takes a 750w bulb. I have never heard of a 750. I like the 600 but if I could get a little more light and still not reach the problems I had with the 1000w, I would try a 750w.

One thing that I did notice with the 1000w vs the lower wattage bulbs I have used in the past was the penetration. The top colas were not much different between the 400w and the 1000w but the lower buds were 3 and 4 times bigger with the 1000w.

We'll see. I have a lot of room to play with since I only have 2 plants in the room. I can do a little experimenting.
like prosport said you dont change the bulb,chances are you have an adjustable ballast.just change the setting on the ballast if you want to drop to 750(75%)watts.you always use the wattage bulb that your ballast is made for.

I keep seeing that you are changing bulbs with the different settings on your 1000 watt adjustable. You do not need to change the bulb, leave the 1000 in and the ballast switch will regulate the light wattage!!!

Mine is not "dimmable" it is "switchable. It even says in the manual not to use a bulb other than the one rated for the setting you are using.

There are "dimmable" ballast out there but mine is not one of them.

what kind of ballast do you have?ive heard of 750 watt bulb but have never seen one.i do see that lumetek make the type of ballast that you are talking about.looked where to get the bulb for you if you decide to get one.1000bulb dot com

It's a Hydrofarm ExtraSun 1000

I am using the 1000w now. As long as I can keep the tops of the plants away from it, it's fine. I just got 2 pounds from my last harvest with this light in a 4x4 room.

i dont think you would change bulb to dim that one from looking it up online,but thats not the problem.if to hot at top and you dont have more room above, bend it over and tie it down.usually i would squeese the section where i am going to bend it and twist a little til you feel it go squishy,not to hard.makes it easier to bend with out breaking the stem.i dont remember what its called but im sure someone will chime in and and give you the name of the technech,and you can look it up.

It's a Hydrofarm ExtraSun 1000

I am using the 1000w now. As long as I can keep the tops of the plants away from it, it's fine. I just got 2 pounds from my last harvest with this light in a 4x4 room.

i was thinking of this recently, why to choose 1kw instead of 600w, i think like 600 will have better light distribution, and you seemed to choose the 1kw, so you've got to know why you chose it? :D I am speculating about upgrading from my 2x400w, thanks

i was thinking of this recently, why to choose 1kw instead of 600w, i think like 600 will have better light distribution, and you seemed to choose the 1kw, so you've got to know why you chose it? :D I am speculating about upgrading from my 2x400w, thanks

get much better penitration with 1000 watts,better yield

A little late to this thread but,

I keep my 1000w about 2-3 feet from my crop and they show no signs of burn.

Now that I have the cooltube on it they're even happier.

Just my $0.02.

Latest posts

Back