LED Grow Tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good THG...
I know have a couple grows under LED's now, and just Love um..
currently i have 1 lady in my 4 x 4 flower room, under my new Mars 900 light...
she is a Monster, 5 foot +...
when i went to flower this round, i put all 4 ladies in the 4 x 4 room, with the big 900 mars light, and my 3 smaller Cidley units... well it took 2 weeks for them to start flowering, and the big girl took over most the area, so since my veg room was currently empty, i set up 3 buckets in there, and moved the 3 smaller ladies in there, and also the 3 smaller Cidley lights.... since that time (about 2 weeks now) the big girl in the 4 x 4 room, has taken up the whole room (glad i moved the smaller girls out)....
what i have noticed this round.. (was running my 1K) is my temps are way lower.. normally around outside temp give or take a few degrees... I'm sure after a couple goes at it, youll love it...

boy how things change huh mom? I remermber when you would not go close to leds and your did not want stretch . I was catching up on your grow and lol, but sorry to hear about your room. you will get all working right you all ways do. green mojo mom u know the fam has your back

Yup things change and you do have to keep up with the times. Thanks for stopping in. This is a learning experience--I am like a newby when it comes to LEDs. It is a bit different than growing with HPS. Hard to get used to wanting a plant to stretch and keeping the light 1-2' away. And I almost fried a plant my giving it too much food--less food with LEDs.

My LEDs do not seem to run that much cooler than my air cooled 1000w HPS did. But that was not my only reason for trying them--also less power consumption (I am running about 700W now), and boy they sure seem to load on the trichs.

I was gone for 3 days (looking at houses in Oregon!) and had a minor disaster. The large plant got so top heavy that it just fell over and broke the top and a bunch of branches. It was just in a 3" net pot. The root ball was also mostly not submerged and exposed to the light. She looks quite sad now. I cut off a branch that was dead and smoked it with a couple of my buddies. It is pretty good, so I may just take her down. I harvested my first CBD plant--Durga MataII CBD and really really like it. It was a very small plant, but lots of trichs. I am giving baggies to my friends to try it and get their feedback, like I did with the salve.

So, I have 4 plants in there now--2 under each light. I am going to have to figure out how to get these short indica dominant plants to stretch.

and boy they sure seem to load on the trichs.

Most definitely!! :aok:

I am going to have to figure out how to get these short indica dominant plants to stretch.

That's an easy process, and a choice I had to make myself. It's simple.... stop growing indica dom plants LOL. :D

hmmm that would be hard, i don't see how you can induce more stretch with the exact same spectrum. i think that the led must be dual spectrum to be able to cause more stretch. let me ask just a random thought, what if you dim the light enough to induce stretching but not enough to cause weak plants? what if the light is so intense in terms of plant's needs that it is not stretching at all?

So I have never seen anyone want stretch. What would be the reason for that? Also does trich production and terpine production go hand in hand? Terpines are like the seat for the trich correct?

From what I gather, led doesn't have as much penetration. Hence wanting the stretch

Throw some other light in there with the LED for the first couple of weeks THG.............. maybe a small HPS or a T5 strip light.

Oh man, sorry that happened to you and your plant. There is such a learning curve and I don't have it down yet. Staking plants is something you and i really didn't ever do.. Now with LED we have to.
I know exactly what you mean about how far away they are from the tops.. weird but right.
Pink and green and red mojo my sister in pot.

Staking plants is something you and i really didn't ever do.. Now with LED we have to.

This is something I've had to adjust to myself! I've always just tied up ones that fell over, but the penetration is straight down and not entirely there. Hence, if you get stretch, the lower nodes will produce more and over all get light to the lower portion of the plant. The point it to AVOID popcorn buds at all cost! Major training will ensue and it takes LOADS of getting used to. :D

I harvested the girl that got broken. She did not produce much, about 2 oz, but the buds are hard and firm with no real popcorn buds. I have figured that my sativas will do just fine under LEDs as I can get them to stretch and that is what I grow most of. I will work on figuring out how to get the indicas to stretch or I will use my HPS on them. I will probably fire up the HPS this winter anyway. I am keeping the T5s a bit further away than normal so we will see how that works. But mostly have sat dominant plants in veg now.

Rosebud, you are right about never staking our plants. I spent decades learning how to grow my plants with short intermodal spacing....and now I have to relearn and rethink everything.

Grower, I have T5s and a 400W HPS. This is worth a try.

Or I may set up a small tent like DGF did. It may be way better to run those short squat indicas in a scrog setup. That would make an LED grow in a tent that is only 62" tall possible. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be in Oregon by this winter.

I put 2 more plants into the room and will be adding another couple in the next few days. I am not at home now, but will snap a couple more pics. The BSC that is in there now is a natural stretcher and she should do well.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I appreciate the help!

I am keeping the T5s a bit further away than normal so we will see how that works.

It works wonders! We're doing the opposite of pushing the T5's down on them, now THG :D

The BSC that is in there now is a natural stretcher and she should do wel

BSC .. wonderful genetics, especially for LED :aok:

As bad a option as it may sound...
even with my HPS, i harvested portions at a time when i grew big and bushy girls (most the time)
I harvest about the top foot to foot and half, let the bottom run another couple weeks..
that Might work for you, maybe not...
I'll be enjoying your learning curve.. Im sure i will get some good pointers!-)

I will always watch your grows Mam. You are my hero when it comes to growing. Much love from Weedhopper. :48:

Just catching up THG, you'll get it down to a science quickly. My turn is next so watching you closely to see how you solve your issue's. Mojo

Sorry green thumb I'm not exactly following... Is it the side branches need to stretch away from main branch more so the budsites have better lighting?

All branches and all nodal distance needs to stretch so that there can be penetration to them. If nodes are short and very close, they get shaded more. Also, more defoliation is needed with LED's. I trim LOADS of fan leaves during the veg process, and first 2 weeks of flower. The amount I trim now would scare the crap out of the "old me" hahha! :D

Latest posts

Back