What is your idea of the perfect grow tent?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I get myself in a situation where I have to harvest several plants at one time the quality of the trim isn't as clean. I am very particular about the quality of my trim.
Now is it true you cut your lawn a blade at a time with scissors and a ruler?
My Dad when he was in bootcamp in The Marines
was assigned a section of grass to keep cut at 1 inch during his stay.

I'm getting old and lazy. I hand trim the biggest buds and turn the rest into bubble hash. If I ever do a big outdoor grow, the entire crop goes to hash. I honestly prefer hash to flower.
I do that as well. Popcorn buds are a waste of time. When I get done trimming there is nothing left.

I don't like adding things after the fact. Done a bit of consulting over the years and I always recommend over-purchasing on the essentials... Mini split/AC, Dehuey, lights ect...

Growers be like: I need more _______.
Everytime. Never fails.

Just my .02... I am a lowley plant janitor. 😁

I dropped keeping moms a long time ago and went to successive cuts.
Haven't had any issues over dozens if not hundreds of times.
Never seen any genetic drift or lost any.
Really save space and labor
I am planning to try photos and I plan to just take cutting before I throw the moms into flower. I don't want to dedicate a space to mothers.

I do that as well. Popcorn buds are a waste of time. When I get done trimming there is nothing left.
I am thinking I will start saving my top buds for smoking and toss all my bottoms in the freezer to make bubble hash with. Then I'm going to look for a way to use the bubble hash in cooking... Make some butter or infused oil with it....

The spider farmer tent is quality. I’ve been zipping and unzipping it for 2 years now with no issues. My AC infinity tent is not as nice and I have to be careful not to jam the zipper. I would buy another SF if I were going to get another one. And I love the corners… what’s wrong with the corners?
For what its worth on less expensive 2x4, I've had two Mars Hydro and they were fine. Zippers are better than my "fancier" 4x4, whose zipper is a little rough. Put a little soap on it, make sure both sides are lined up, pull out as you go up. Mine is smoother. I also notice as I pull the zipper on that one that sometimes twisting it slightly one way or the other finds a smooth spot. If zipper jams, usually it has run over the interior side material flap next to zipper. Just reach inside, ahead of the zipper and use thumb to push the flap material to one side and zipp down. ( or up if it jammed going other way)

Don't get me wrong... My goal is to be running 3 2x4 tents... But if I knew someone who told me they wanted to grow just for themselves and maybe a friend or 2. I would recommend them a 2x4 or a 3x3. I guess my thinking is that they can always add another tent if they want more room. I think it is easier to find room for 2 small tents than 1 big tent.
Unless you have a 2,000 sq ft basement

I listen to a lot of cannabis content on YouTube. The guys on the From the Stash Podcast say they don't like manual bowl trimmers, but... They do like the new bowl trimmers from AC Infinity. Now they are also sponsored by AC Infinity so consider that. But I think I'm going to give one a try on my next run. I just grow for me and my neighbor stops by to toke up with me. I don't mind. I like growing more than I like smoking... And I grow more than I could ever smoke by myself.
Look at my thread "inexpensive trimmer" where I tried on a lark, the Infinity model. With a little adjusting and correct turning, it did a way better job than I ever imagined. This was with wet buds. Still may need a little touch up. Big time saver for me. For the most stupendous bag appeal, dry with putes method and hand trim.

Bubba

Last edited:
I just take off the leaf tips that have no sparkly stuff, then the infinity takes off the sugar leaf part. For high quality bubble, I only use trimmed buds and sugar leaf. All that low power leaf material is exactly what you are trying to keep out. Purest bubble, buds only, broken up slightly and frozen wet. Why add a bunch of trash just to filter it out? Or maybe a separate run? I would throw it in the butter pot.

Bubba

I am thinking I will start saving my top buds for smoking and toss all my bottoms in the freezer to make bubble hash with. Then I'm going to look for a way to use the bubble hash in cooking... Make some butter or infused oil with it....
Unless you have a 2,000 sq ft basement
My basement is about 1100sf... But over half of that is being converted into man cave soon. 😅

Latest posts

Back