What is your idea of the perfect grow tent?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wil2279

Reaction score
Ok so I am talking for the home grower who is just growing for themselves and maybe to share a little with friends and family, what do you think is the perfect tent and light combination? I used to have a 4x4 and I now have strong opinions about a grow tent. I think a 4x4 is too big for the way I grow. I think a 2x4 or a 3x3 is the perfect size tent and I like the idea of 2 small lights in a 2x4 and a small bar style light in a 3x3. I just feel the plants in the back of a 4x4 or 5x5 don't get the attention they should because they are difficult to access. What do you guys like?

I started out with a 2x4 tent. It grows plenty for two and a few others to share depending on how much you smoke of course. I now have another 2x4 after I got hooked on the growing weed part. I run a SpiderFarmer 2000 which is plenty of light for a nice grow. My other tent has a Mars 2000 which is equally nice. You can access your plants in a bigger tent if you load them in properly and don’t overcrowd. I usually shoot for 4 plants in my 2x4. I grow in soil and use 7 gallon tall cloth pots.

Spider Farmer offers a slightly over sized 2x4 that (i thought) was 80" tall. Not a huge fan of the corners they use but the size is nice

https://www.spider-farmer.com/produ...-home-plant-reflective-aluminum-oxford-cloth/
The spider farmer tent is quality. I’ve been zipping and unzipping it for 2 years now with no issues. My AC infinity tent is not as nice and I have to be careful not to jam the zipper. I would buy another SF if I were going to get another one. And I love the corners… what’s wrong with the corners?

I have a 4 x 4 but the bigger the better. Who doesn't want an unlimited supply of weed with one grow?
Don't get me wrong... My goal is to be running 3 2x4 tents... But if I knew someone who told me they wanted to grow just for themselves and maybe a friend or 2. I would recommend them a 2x4 or a 3x3. I guess my thinking is that they can always add another tent if they want more room. I think it is easier to find room for 2 small tents than 1 big tent.

Don't get me wrong... My goal is to be running 3 2x4 tents... But if I knew someone who told me they wanted to grow just for themselves and maybe a friend or 2. I would recommend them a 2x4 or a 3x3. I guess my thinking is that they can always add another tent if they want more room. I think it is easier to find room for 2 small tents than 1 big tent.
Yes it was for me. A 2x4 tent is pretty easy to find room for I think in most houses

Yes it was for me. A 2x4 tent is pretty easy to find room for I think in most houses
I agree. I didn't realize how big a 4x4 tent was until I was trying to find a place to put one in my house where it would kinda be hidden or not real noticable. A 2x4 or a couple of 2x4s would be way easier to hide or keep inconspicuous

I agree. I didn't realize how big a 4x4 tent was until I was trying to find a place to put one in my house where it would kinda be hidden or not real noticable. A 2x4 or a couple of 2x4s would be way easier to hide or keep inconspicuous
I have one in my unheated/cooled utility room vented out a window and the other in my laundry room. Nobody that comes here knows I grow except a few chosen ones or can obviously see them unless they go snooping around

The bigger the tent the more lights will be needed and that costs money. It's all about personal
preference. There are so many variables to include when deciding on tent size.

What training do you do or non just let them grow I found before when I grew in 2x4 tent if I lst then scrog them I got 2 zips more than if I topped and left them to do there thing and by the sounds of it your not perpetual grower you grow same tent veg then flower that's what I used to do if that your style or do you have a small veg area light I did was a 600 hps cooltube going that big I couldn't get the heat to go down like I wanted I hate temps that hover 87-92 I like a grow that's around 75-80 the one 3x3 I did I ran a 450 hps temp in that one were mid 80's I hate the ventilation system to get temps and humidity stuff good but all I cared about was having a decent smoke in the outcome good luck figuring out the tent you want sorry for the rambling lol

This is my 2x4 tent with four plants in 7 gallon tall pots with a scrog net. I just turned them to flower yesterday. With luck and good genetics, I harvest around a pound each grow cycle. My other tent has younger plants in veg.
IMG_8753.jpeg

Latest posts

Back