First time grower. Advice would be nice!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snakehelah

Reaction score
So this is my first time growing cannabis. I've decided to grow a lowryder#2 since I don't need much (I smoke 1 gram per week). I started outside, I got 1 female and male, and it started to get colder, so my solution was to transfer the female inside, flowering has already started. Height's around 11' at the moment. Plant is around 7 weeks old. I bought 4 CFLs (20w each) 2700Ks 1300 lumens each.

Here's my setup:
The CFL info (3 osrams and 1 VagnerSDH)
View attachment 20140915_190445.jpg
View attachment 20140915_190452.jpg
The cardboard growbox with the plant, all set up

View attachment 20140916_233911.jpg
View attachment 20140916_233918.jpg
View attachment 20140916_233935.jpg
Are the CFLs on a good range? I don't have reflectors atm but I'll probably improvise something out of beer cans.

For some reason a few bottom leaves are yellowing, not sure why? The buds look healthy though
View attachment 20140916_234027.jpg
Some orange/white spots on leaves? They're really tiny though
View attachment 20140916_213825.jpg
View attachment 20140916_213838.jpg

Attachments

• 20140916_234012.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 105
Looks in pretty good shape for a lowryder. It won't get much bigger than that IMO. Already budding up. You should get some smoke off her, just not much.

First welcome to MP... hit this: :48:

you are def under lit... especially if that's 7 weeks in.... its normal for the bottom growth to yellow and fall off...

are you feeding? whats you light schedule?

As I said I just recently switched to indoors and lamps. Before I was growing it outdoors

You really need more light. I realize that it was outdoors until now, but it is quite small for 7 weeks, and more light will help boost production. I would get about twice the amount of light you have in there now. You also need some air moving around in there--some kind of fan. Plants need a continual supply of fresh air all the time the lights are on for proper photosynthesis.

How many hours are you running your lights? What are you feeding your plant?

Currently im feeding her with flowering nutes, liquid ones, mix it with water, yesterday i addded a very small amount, didnt notice any changes nor burns, should i add some more next time i water her?

No, when you give a plant nutrients one feeding the NEXT feeding needs to be just water, ph correctly.
Do you ph your water? If not you may have nutrient lock out.
If I was you I would concentrate on the next grow, this plant is not going to produce any more than a few joints, at best no matter you do at this point.
Reading, asking questions and learning will improve your skills, please keep in mind it takes YEARS to become proficient in every aspect of growing MMJ, it's NoT a weed nor a tomatoe plant.
Also, like every single member on this site, you will make errors, mistakes, etc., it's all part of the learning curve.

Anybody dialed in Doses correctly the first time, but again, to each their own.

Certainly i'm not trying to be confrontational, but does not even the nute companies ( fox farms ) say to only nute every other feeding?
Again, to each their own, let's drop it.

Im not being confrontational either... If a plant is not showing any signs of nute burn why not keep feeding?? I just don't understand the reasoning as to why you say you cant feed multiple times in a row??

I think it may depend a lot on the strain as well. The Critical Kush are incredible eaters. I am giving way over the suggested dose and no tip burn at all.

And, I feed them every watering.

My Sativa's were never this hungry. This much nute would have killed them long ago. Them, I fed every 2 or 3 waterings.

And, I understand the Mandela strains are very light eaters as well.

So, I guess it depends on a number of things. The strain just being one of them.

Everybody's right and everybody's wrong. LOL

The reason is this.
When I feed I feed to the point of slight yellow tips , this is ALL they can take, maximizing it.
Keep in mind, in soil/soilless mediums, all the nutes won't get absorbed , when you water only the next time it "flushes" if you will, the rest of the nutes and the roots again absord nutes.
It all is according to how heavy you nute, how often, etc.
again, to each their own.
Ago Quod Perceptum friend :)

Latest posts

Back