Lowryder#2, Master Kush X Lowryder, and DJ Short

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrandDaddyToke

SEE U ON THE DARK SIDE
Reaction score
I had to down size my grow area, so once I got that major job done I started my 3rd grow a few days ago. (IN SOIL DEC. 8th) I am going with 3 strains, Lowryder #2, Master Kush X Lowryder, and Masterlow X Blueberry (DJ Short).
I am using Fox Farm soil with some extra Perlite added in 6 inch pots. I read where root stimulators increase the growth of auto flower strains so I am adding a little Superthrive along with Fox Farm Organic Big Bloom 0.01-0.3-0.7 that says use from seedling every watering. I will only do every other watering. As the plants mature I have the complete line of FF Nutrients. I need to figure out how to add with the short vegetation time. I am sure someone will help with this. Once I weed out the males in 17 to 20 days I will transplant to 2 gallon bags. I hope to get some help and do some pollination with the different strains there will be. This is new territory for me but buying seeds is to much $$$$’s
I bought some of the insulated ducting to run from my inline fan to attic vent. It doses keep the fan very quit and the room a little cooler. I am running 3-400-Watt HPS from start to finish 18/6, this is also a first for me. I have always used 400-Watt-MH for vegetation. I also bought some mylar and lined my walls in the grow area WOW. I took a few pictures of my new grow area and some of the new Babies for you all to see??

001.jpg 008.jpg

010.jpg 003.jpg

005.jpg 004.jpg

002.jpg

Wow - This is going to be a great grow. Love the strains you picked out.

I like the way you went with 3 smaller lights than 1 big one. You'll be able to maximize your flowering canopy with less shadow on your plants. Lots of lumen coverage.

I'd be interested in how you feel about HPS from seed compared to what you're used to with MH. I tried HPS on my seedlings for a few months, and saw a negative difference in color, size of leaves, and speed of growth. I have gone back to my trusty MH for vegging.

There may have been other factors in my grow, but see whatcha think. Looking forward to future updates.

PB:)

Damn mang that's a very nice set up. :aok: Here's some of that good old GREEN MOJO to get them babies going. ;)

Very Nice setup, and use of space. You wont regret using superthrive B+ or using hps in veg as I do both myself with immaculate results.

lookin good :cool:
i will be watchin this one closely
i mainly grow lowryder 2 under cfls
i wanna see the difference hps makes b4 i consider upgrading

wow dude this is going to be an amazing grow, I'm very interested in doing the same thing you are with the same seeds so ill be watching closely. I do have one comment, from my research, they recommend 20/4 light cycle all the way... at least on dr. chronic, why did you decide 18/6? Second, where are you getting those 2 gallon bags? Recommended size for these plants is 5 to 7 liters, but I just can't seem to find 7 liter pots or bags.

NewbieG said:
wow dude this is going to be an amazing grow, I'm very interested in doing the same thing you are with the same seeds so ill be watching closely. I do have one comment, from my research, they recommend 20/4 light cycle all the way... at least on dr. chronic, why did you decide 18/6? Second, where are you getting those 2 gallon bags? Recommended size for these plants is 5 to 7 liters, but I just can't seem to find 7 liter pots or bags.
I can fit a lot of 2 gallon bags in my area it should give them plenty of root growth space. They were given to me to try from the Hydro Store! 2 gallon is real close to 7 liters I think, I am kinda old and they did not teach us that in school back in my day. Where I bought my seeds the main grower for Auto flowering has a good grow guide I am following. I think he may have been in on the first auto flowering strains not sure but you can check out what he has to offer here. I think he is the Joint Docter.
I will post some pictures Sat. @ 1 week in soil.
http://www.dope-seeds.com/lowryder_grow_guide.htm

:D Nice looken setup !!
I will be back to see the 1 week pictures.
I love to watch the lowryders.
They seem to just take off and do their thing.
:bong1: GOOD LUCK MAN :bong1:​

:holysheep: Yeah bro nice set-up! :eek: I'm a LR enthusiast as well!:cool: Good luck with your grow.

I started adding some FF Grow Big 6-4-4 1/4 strength today along with Big Bloom that i've been using since seeds were put in soil. This week I am going to start liquid light. I bought this some time ago befor bombbudpuffa did his comparison. I have it so guess I will try it. I am not going to change now but I wish I would have started under my 400 watt MH. The HPS from start seems as if plants are going a little slower. Can't realy tell nothing to compare with.

001.jpg 002.jpg

004.jpg 007.jpg

:holysheep: That is what I call a good sized grow! :cool: Like my Grandpa always said, "If your gonna do it, do it right!";) Those numbers help out that sex ratio, I bet. I'm gonna enjoy watching this grow!:) Keep us posted!:D

nice looking plants bro looks like you have a farm indoors lol if they all end up females are you gonna have enough room for them and light? i will be pulling a seat up to this grow:D
good luck peace

Sticky_Budz said:
nice looking plants bro looks like you have a farm indoors lol if they all end up females are you gonna have enough room for them and light? i will be pulling a seat up to this grow:D
good luck peace

I germinated 20 of each. my best return was on the #2 with 18 The Masters Kush only 8 and the Blue Streak 13. There is some seed in some pots will see what happens. Once the males are weeded out i should have lots of space. Iam a hopen there is lots of young ladies. i will also do some crosses and try get some nice seedsfor another time.

:D I also had a great germ ratio with LR. 100%:eek: Haven't grown #2 yet. I'm interested though:cool:

Richy-B said:
:D I also had a great germ ratio with LR. 100%:eek: Haven't grown #2 yet. I'm interested though:cool:
I am pleased with the # 2 but the lowryder X master Kush is not to good @ 50%. It said they were not 100% stable yet maybe that has something to do with it. The Blue streak 12 out of 20 kinda disapointing but maybe I will get lucky on getting a lot of healthy ladies.

Thanks for that info. keep me posted

Check out my LR thread posted in indoor growing sometime!

:D I think that the liquid Light may work. I used it on Saturday late afternoon and this is 3 days later.

This is @ 1 week
1.jpg

This is @ 10 days
010.jpg

I will update all of them on Saturday @ 2 weeks old!!;)

I am curious to know if you have had any problem due to the nutes from start... This will make a big difference in growth if you don't so please post up. Thanks

NewbieG said:
I am curious to know if you have had any problem due to the nutes from start... This will make a big difference in growth if you don't so please post up. Thanks
I have used Fox Farm Big Bloom 0.01 0.3 0.7 and SuperThrive from the start @ 1 week I went 1/4 strength on FF Grow Big 6 4 4. Reading what the Joint Doctor says you need to adjust for the short veg time. The FF Big Bloom is recomended from start its weak more twards organic. I have no signs of nut burn @ this time and hope it stays that way. I will keep a post and pictures as to what I do. Watering tomorrow and using full strength on 6 4 4 will start Tiger Bloom 2 8 4 @ 2 weeks.
http://www.dope-seeds.com/lowryder_grow_guide.htm

Latest posts

Back