First auto grow northern light from ILGM Outdoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniGrowz

If it isn’t broke don’t fix it
Reaction score
Tent is full of photo strain unknown that are taking their time so the autos are going outside. I have 3 seedlings in 2 gal fabric pots with happy frog and some added perlite. I will be using fox farms nutes and cal mag for this grow. Will be trying some of cartys stressing methods to promote some growth.

Well seedlings seem to be ok one is a fast growers compared to the other two and also popped less than 24 hours after being germinated. I will get more updates and pictures soon. It rained decently today and I bet they will like it.

20 days later only one seedling survived. Something decided to have a snack on them I should have kept them inside longer. The other was a runt. The one that made it seems to be ok besides missing a leaf or two. I moved her to the back porch and plan to keep her there as long as she doesn’t look conspicuous. I have her hid behind my smoker until I find a nice spot and she gets a little bigger. I popped a couple more seeds a few days ago and they have sprouted well. I guess I learned my lesson and will picking up so wire mesh to protect them from hungry animals. QUESTION for you professional people. Still using the happy frog soil and curious if I can start introducing a little cal mag at 20 days old maybe 1/2 recommended dose? Would it be ok to start nutes next week in small amounts? I know a little goes a long way and I do not need to rush. An auto is on a schedule I would like to make the most of it. I decided to try a 4-8-4 by down to earth natural fertilizers. Trying to keep the grow simple and will top dress every few weeks until I need to cut back the nitrogen. Then I may find a product for the last half of flower with less nitrogen. Any recommendations on what npk would be best?

Attachments

• IMG_1164.jpeg
    IMG_1164.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
bummer about the lost plants

isn't the happy frog pre loaded with nutes?

if so , dont burn the plant by adding to much food , just make sure your water has the proper Ph and then watch her for a couple weeks and see if she likes the menu and then go from there

Calmag now for sure. Ok to start that ASAP if not before imo. Need to find out what’s munching on your plants tho and protect them with Spinosad, or lost coast plant therapy especially if you’re keeping them outside. You will see all kinds of new bugs (some good some bad) so get to know which ones eat other bugs and which ones eat plants.
bone up on Cartys page for auto nutrients. He’s the man on autos and has learned by trial and error so learn by his mistakes and accomplishments

although it is rare , one can use to much cal mag

Can You Overfeed CalMag?​

Cannabis plants will be hurt when you overfeed them CalMag. Too much CalMag inhibits the absorption of other nutrients, leading to myriad deficiencies, unhealthy growth, and disease-prone plants.

However,Cannabis plants need lots of calcium and magnesium during growth, and so it is rare to overfeed CalMag in a well-balanced nutrient formulation.

https://weedmania420.com/growing/can-you-overfeed-calmag-signs-symptoms-and-solutions/

Calmag now for sure. Ok to start that ASAP if not before imo. Need to find out what’s munching on your plants tho and protect them with Spinosad, or lost coast plant therapy especially if you’re keeping them outside. You will see all kinds of new bugs (some good some bad) so get to know which ones eat other bugs and which ones eat plants.
bone up on Cartys page for auto nutrients. He’s the man on autos and has learned by trial and error so learn by his mistakes and accomplishments
I think is was something bigger than bugs as my other seedlings got cut off at top of soil. How often do you use spinosad soap?

bummer about the lost plants

isn't the happy frog pre loaded with nutes?

if so , dont burn the plant by adding to much food , just make sure your water has the proper Ph and then watch her for a couple weeks and see if she likes the menu and then go from there
The happy frog is preloaded but it seems to be on the milder side. I know several weeks in veg my photo plants want nutes.

Whatever is eating them is doing one hell of a job I have the five seedlings started as well and they looked great when I told them good night. Maybe it is a mouse I had these setting on my boat and I figured being off the ground and partial sun it would be a great place to start😡

Attachments

• IMG_1166.jpeg
    IMG_1166.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Whatever is eating them is doing one hell of a job I have the five seedlings started as well and they looked great when I told them good night. Maybe it is a mouse I had these setting on my boat and I figured being off the ground and partial sun it would be a great place to start😡
Possibly Damping off
Damping-off refers to the rotting of stem and root tissues at and below the soil line. In most cases, infected plants will germinate and come up fine, but within a few days, they become water-soaked, mushy, collapse at the base and die.

I have had it happen were seedlings just fall over and die off.
1684762224293.png

Those plants are really small to be outside not to say they can’t make it but like any other babies, they need extra care until at least they get a few leaves on them. I don’t know how wet they are but you don’t want to soak them or you will have what roster commented on. I find it best to water the edges of the pot to encourage root growth to the sides of your new pot. Not so much in the middle, just enough there to keep them a little moist. You may consider shielding them with small tomato cage with some bird netting or something over them to let sun in but keep birds and other critters out

Possibly Damping off
Damping-off refers to the rotting of stem and root tissues at and below the soil line. In most cases, infected plants will germinate and come up fine, but within a few days, they become water-soaked, mushy, collapse at the base and die.

I have had it happen were seedlings just fall over and die off.
View attachment 328942
Nope they are big clean off and was perfectly healthy last night

Those plants are really small to be outside not to say they can’t make it but like any other babies, they need extra care until at least they get a few leaves on them. I don’t know how wet they are but you don’t want to soak them or you will have what roster commented on. I find it best to water the edges of the pot to encourage root growth to the sides of your new pot. Not so much in the middle, just enough there to keep them a little moist. You may consider shielding them with small tomato cage with some bird netting or something over them to let sun in but keep birds and other critters out
They was under my boat shed on my boat so they really didn’t get any direct sunlight.

Latest posts

Back