1st Grow(auto Easyryder)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbomun

Reaction score
As title states this my first grow. i currently have 1 seedling in a humidity dome. looks like its about to pop out. i have a small set up and being my first time at this i am only doing 1 plant. i ordered the seeds from the attitude over the summer, but didnt feel ready so ive spent most this time reading reading and reading.

my set up is basically a converted file cabinet. me an my buddy, hes good with metal work, put it together kinda copying one we saw on internet at homegrown-hydroponics. that site is down atm, but its similar to this but no where near as pretty.

nutes- floranova 2 part, floralicious plus, kool bloom liquid/dry

lighting- main 400w HPS, 2 35w CFL tubes running up/down sides

im not good at this blogging stuff, and i will try to upload some pictures eventually. i cant begin to even put into words how much this site and this sites wonderful community has helped me. ive followed and gone thru so many grow journals. taking info from as many as i could. so thank you for all the knowledge.

i do have a huge question an favor to ask. i bought a HM Digital COM-100 EC/TDS/Temp combo meter. but i cant for the life of me figure out what setting to have it on for PPM testing. Sure would be great if someone here could tell me exactly what setting to put it on and leave it on. :) here is link to the meter.

hXXp://3w's.bigbrandwaterfilters.com/pdfs/HMDigtal-COM100-Instructions.pdf

Thank you and wish me luck.

Bro just a heads up...you can't post direct links...it's against the rules...post them with http as hxxp

Good luck sir! GREEN MOJO for ya. EasyRyder is a good strain. Supper frosty. Almost looks like soft fuzz on the buds. My buddy grew it a little while back. In fact I am toking on it right now! Cheers!

Easyryder was my first auto grow your gonna love the taste!

thank you for kind words. bit of an update. she has fully emerged. shes got 2 tiny serrated leaves coming out. an the 2 starter leaves. the growth is crazy fast and exciting. i just hope i dont bone this up :(

i didnt know what light cycle to use. i read some say no light, some 24/7 light, etc. so i just went with what the manufacturer recommended for the grown plant til harvest - 18/6. comments?

lastly any idea what setting on the tds meter should i be using? HM Digital Com-100. it apparently has 3 different tds modes, none of which make any sense to me. :) thanks again.

Best results for autos are usually gotten from 20/4 but 18/6 works well also....Sorry can't help with the meter thing...

Tbomun Ive grown ER twice and my 3rd just broke ground within the last week... And the taste is amazing... Im pretty sure that Hamster is right with the lighting schedule... 20/4 is what the breeders reccommended and what i went with and had pretty good results...

Theres tons of pics of the 2 I harvested in my journal... link is below...

Gonna sling up my hammock and watch this grow.

I'm doing 2 Lowryders, and theyre on a 20/4 schedule.

They just started smelling now, but my filter seems to be taking care of the smell nicely.

A couple of pics of your grow space would be awesome!

Also about the HM, I dont have direct experience with this model, but I used to use a similar one in Uni. (Youre lucky... yours can be calibrated using the buttons... I used to have to calibrate mine with a screwdriver :p)

Anyways, I hope this info helps:

hxxp://www.tdsmeter.com/calibration_maintenance.html
hxxp://tdsmeter.articulatedman.com/products/calibrationsolution.html

cool cool. pull up a chair. i just hope i dont screw it up. dont wanna let anyone down. lol pressure!!!! i have growing elders watching! hehe

pictures, ill try an get a few of what i have to work with, and where im currently at in the grow. also gonna change the timer settings to 20/4 schedule.

Bro we all hve screwed it up from one time or another....no pressure...if you hve problems someone will be glad to help you out...everyone had to start somewhere....

There should be no pressure. Like HL said, everyone makes mistakes. I have made plenty of mistakes in my previous grows. I look at it as a learning process, and I think it will only getter better and easier for me, and you as well. GREEN MOJO Good luck the rest of the way!

was just goofing. i really do appreciate all the help.

k well hope this picture thing works. /crossfingers

ok w00t it worked. the first one is a picture of the main grow area. thinking of taking out the seperation and just making it 1 large grow area. 2nd is lights on, doors closed. and 3rd are the nutes. and lastly my little girl! hehe. Questions? Comments? Suggestions?

Looking good Bro....if you ever use that cabinet for any strains other then autos you will want to make it light proof...but for autos it is good to go....

yea i was gonna see if i can find some kind of magnetic strip. just cover up the seams. also thinking of removing the partisan and use the entire cabinet as grow box. just over half is grow room, other side is like a mother/clone/prop room. but i have a humidity dome for that. but this is a start. :)

ok quick question. been reading about stretching. and was wondering in my humidity dome the cfl tube is abt 4 inches away. is that too far? in picture 4, few posts up, does that look like it might be starting to stretch for the light?

woke up this morning and my little girl leafs are curling down. the 2 starter leafs are curling down ugly, the 2 tiny serrated ones too. is something wrong? what should i do?

i dont see any discoloration.

tbomun said:
ok quick question. been reading about stretching. and was wondering in my humidity dome the cfl tube is abt 4 inches away. is that too far? in picture 4, few posts up, does that look like it might be starting to stretch for the light?

4 inches shld be fine...when they stretch it is obvious...

tbomun said:
woke up this morning and my little girl leafs are curling down. the 2 starter leafs are curling down ugly, the 2 tiny serrated ones too. is something wrong? what should i do?

i dont see any discoloration.

Hard to tell with that pic...

Latest posts

Back