LOWRYDER 2's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ms4ms

ms4ms
Reaction score
I don't know how to attach this to my existing journal. i need opinions and feedback as I am starting to heat up. The pics are so-so but I am worried about the ryders as they are really just stretching. I again raised them.They are only like 6days in light, born around 3-23 and have had only 1 feeding with the ff nutrients. and the afghani's are about 3-14 or so with no feeding as of yet due to the soil(ff) and age. I feel the yellow is heat stress and I worried about the hps and that room is a perfect 75% with 44%H. I am working on fans and such for the veg room to vent more heat. WHATCHA THINK??

IMG_0087.JPG

IMG_0089.JPG

IMG_0090.JPG

IMG_0091.JPG

IMG_0095.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0100.JPG

ms4ms said:
I don't know how to attach this to my existing journal. i need opinions and feedback as I am starting to heat up. The pics are so-so but I am worried about the ryders as they are really just stretching. I again raised them.They are only like 6days in light, born around 3-23 and have had only 1 feeding with the ff nutrients. and the afghani's are about 3-14 or so with no feeding as of yet due to the soil(ff) and age. I feel the yellow is heat stress and I worried about the hps and that room is a perfect 75% with 44%H. I am working on fans and such for the veg room to vent more heat. WHATCHA THINK??
fact lowryders prefur hps

I think the plants look great. I wouldn't be worried about them at all. Those couple dead leaves on the bottom of the plants isn't going to hurt them at all. As for the stretch, move your light to within 12 to 13 inches and you shouldn't have any problems as long as you have decent ventilation. Also, easy on the nutes if they are really young. I dont give nutes until they are about 2-3 weeks old and I start at 1/4 strength every other watering.

They are looking great. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

sillysara said:
fact lowryders prefur hps

state the obvious! you could say that about every plant lol

in fact you may as well say FACT lowryders prefer sunlight!

:ignore:lol

Anyway I just wanted to ask ms4ms why do you have so many grow journals on these plants?? I know you said you couldn't add this to your journal, but really its exactly the same as replying to any other post. You click 'Post Reply', thats all :)

So which is your 'active' grow journal?

I apologize for the many threads. I know how this board hates repeats.So,maybe I know how do do this now. Changing the button I hit could be hard.I have 1 grow 1 journal with the pics at the top.I will add to THIS thread, some new pics. Now, can anyone answer my question????? With my lr2's now showing good milky pistols what do I have to do??? I am feeding according to ff labels. I am down to 3 afghan and need a mother plant bad.They are giving me a hard time. I did lst for the first time ands I know you learn from doing.I didn't start early enough to make much difference, and they are bushy.

what do you mean MILKY PISTOLS??? The pistils appear at the beginning of flowering (around 2-3 weeks for Lowryders) and start to brown (i'm guessing at around week 4 of flowering). Are you talking about these or the trichomes?

I am feeling kind of dumb right now. This is only my 2nd grow and I know they are pistols and yes some are brown. My lr's have been under 24/7/250 hps since birth. They went into soil in late mar. It was around day 20 exactly when I saw my first pistol. I really hope I am not messing these up. I know I read from these lr posts that 24-7 is the best, or at least I hope I read it right.

its actually advised to grow lowryder on 18/6 light sched. Thats what i'm doing with mine but they are under CFLs. Just keep doing what your doing and learn for yourself. hell i'm only on my second 'proper' grow but i know shed loads because i READ LOADS! Don't take what people say on here at face value because some know just as little as you.

So what exactly is the problem with your plants? Do you have a jewelers loupe or other form of magnification for when the time is ready for chop? What day are they on now since they came up from the ground?

I'm no expert, and the only experience i have with lowryders is what i'm, currently doing with isup to about day 40 from seed (see my grow journal). but I will try and help as much as i can.

They look good. My last grow was all lowryders that i did with HPS the entire grow. They tuurned out great. I have my first Hydro grow going on with AK47 doing good well need to start a journal. I also have some Lowryders under a T-5 they look likt XXXX compared to my last grow under Hps.
GOOD LUCK

These plants are looking great pal! Don't sweat it man. The plants do the growing, we just assist a LITTLE. Just remember the basics when starting out. For feeding, plants like Heavy Nitrogen for veg and high Phosphorous for flower. So, now that you see pistils, you may want to start biasing the Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom. Have fun! :watchplant:

Any update. How are they doing? I'm interested because I plan to grow Lowryder 2's myself.

a quick update with some pics. I hope everyone can see the nice white pistils. They are all ryder 2's except one afghan tha I am hanging on to. I have ditched 3 afgans in a month. They are hard to grow.Anywho,back to the ryders. I am happy with the way they look. I am worried about when to pull them and I know it is soon. I have 3 clones from my one live afghan that are already growing good in a different closet. Let me know what you all think and suggestions for harvest time. All of them are ryders except 1 afghan.

IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0252.JPG

IMG_0256.JPG

IMG_0257.JPG

IMG_0258.JPG

theu look good, harvest u will have to wait a bit more ?

i checked your journal brouli and my plants look like yours I have 2 that are real compact and 2 that are wispy(?). Will these tighten up and give me an idea for harvest. I am checking trichs and they appear cloudy/milky.

they will look bette just give them some time its still early i can tell u tht by looking at r pics. on pics ur plantloks weird , t i mean is its a lot of leafs and as muchbud what light did u use and at what distance ??

P.S
the newpic on my thread are not Lowryders :)

I actually agree that 2 of them look wierd. I have 2 that are close to if not over 2' and 2 that are much more compact and around 16" or so. The smaller ones appear to be one bud. there are alot of tight little flowers. As you can see one of the taller ones has nice bud spots allover. I have used a 250 hps the entire grow. The lite now is about 10" above the small ryders and the lone afghan is trying to go threw the roof.

I just read your ps about the pics. One of them looked identical to one of my compact lr's. Anyway, should I trim all those really BIG leaves for more light??? and are the fan leaves keepable for hash?

some people trim fan leafs at this stage, i dont couse leaf are the way the absorb light so i would leave them, 2 that u say are weird are due to weak genetics aka. not an F1 like ur seed vendor said probebly (just my opinion) :)
or u just messed someting up , if u can tell me what strenght nutrients have u give them ?

Latest posts

Back