How Much electricity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoHIGH

Sharing is caring
Reaction score
Hey guys I am not by any means a newbie grower,I have several small grows under my belt but now I am wanting to do 1 medium/big grow that way I have enough to smoke for a good period of time.Now currently I am looking at 6 1000 HPS lamps"with all other goodies".Now when I say goodies I mean exhaust,dehumy,ac,...all the goodies that go along with a sophicated grow. The house's sole purpose will be pretty much be for this as the land lord and I are buddies and he smokes and all he wants is a free poke..NOw with that being said...With me running all this equipment will I get red flagged by the electricty company?I mean theres people with welders and **** in there basements and web servers and stuff so I dont think I would but I am doing some serious planning before I try and grow 60-80 plants.

O yeah i only want 1 or 2 oz from each plant thats why i would be using that ammount of plants

maybe a couple rooms? a 6-8kw draw every day for xhrs on the dot may be problematic.

what about 3 1k's for flower room and like 2 16bulb t5's. or a mess of 600w hps for flowering if you have the money?

dont take my word for it tho.

Edit: 1-2oz.. you plan on massive scrog/sog with lowryders?

Yeah i have the money, but i wanted to do 1 big grow from clones and be done with it but i am assertaining all ideas and theries. The strain will be nyc diesel and w widow. The reason i say 2 o's is i wanna set my expectations low but heck if i get 4 the more the merrier right? and nah its gonna be soil

do you not plan on living in the house? i know big grow op houses with no occupant s are a nono.

lol nah i wont be but my budy lives there. Not by any means am i trying to do something like that I asurre you

lol nah ROFL nah i like muh job just tired of paying the price of medicinal quality marijuana

SoHIGH said:
O yeah i only want 1 or 2 oz from each plant thats why i would be using that ammount of plants

Why go with 1 or 2 Qz pre plants and just grow 15 or so that r 6 footers and get MORE buds for ur money with less electric cost..

Flyinghigh said:
Why go with 1 or 2 Qz pre plants and just grow 15 or so that r 6 footers and get MORE buds for ur money with less electric cost..
Yeah I am going to do something to that extent know that I think about it.

I work in the electrical field and iv grown for years. Where i live the power costs about 7 cents a kilawatt hour and depending on where you live it prob in that range or maybe higher. But that works out to be about Appox bye a doller or two $ 32 dollers per hour Canadian for 1 1000 watt bulb burning, when in veg growth. And when you are in Bloom growth then power consumption would be around $22 dollers Cnd. so times all that up for your six lights then add another $32 - $50 more for Fans, Blowers, heaters, timers, pumps. Id say looking at what your trying to do at my power rate it counting on that you are only vegging for couple of days to a weak your looking at a least $150 per month worth of power. Galaticus

growing charges are by number of plants btw. always a thing to consider.

lotek is right about # of plants, but i believe under 100 plants there is no minimum sentencing guidelines

i hope the 6000W will be run in a house big enough to justify the power consumption. that said i think you are much more likely to be busted by odor, nosy neighbors, and "suspicious behavior" (going to/from growroom late at night)

also, at least for my local power co, the rates per kwh go up drastically if you have high consumption

but since your getting all the goodies you have a good chance in growing in secret for a long time. ive run 8000W for the past few months with no trouble.

DONT do the electrical for all those lights unless ur a electrican or have done it b4. i had a electrician run a 40 amp line direct from the subbreaker to supply my lights

good luck dude

If your worried why don't you start only using about 3 of those lights and see how the light bill goes. There's really no reason to run that many lights it's not stealthy and it's definately way way past personal use.

hmm how much would it be to run six cfl's 26 watters and 1 42 watt one for 20/4 hr setting???for 3 auto ak blueberry plants hmm just a question.. sorry to jack your thread dude but this question has been bugging me a bit

power is normally about .10/kwh. kwh is 1000 watts of draw in an hour. this means a 1000watt hps or 1000w worth of cfl costs 10 cents an hour to run on average. the rate changes based on when and how much you use total.

Latest posts

Back