First time grower using ebb and grow system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't throw away the neem oil. I wouldn't use it for fighting spider mites as it is relatively ineffective. But you could put it in several bowls and place them around your grow space to deter other bugs from coming in. I wouldn't mess with it right now though, you need to focus on something more powerful to wipe out the borg. I would say that since they were only showing on the one plant that you have time to use the SNS but if you begin seeing them on other plants, you may want to break out the heavier guns like Floramite or Avid asap.

thank you guys for providing me with the information i will go to the hydro store tomorrow and see what they have or i will order it online, can i buy it at stores you think?

Zem, mites generally feed on the underside of the leaves, sucking the juices out. They generally do not really feed on the buds, but may be present on buds if you have as bad infestation (and he does). They do not feed on the buds and leave all their **** behind however. The bud is fine to smoke.

oh ok, so I had spiders that ate buds a few times before, they really munched the bud hollow, I assumed it was spider mites, what could that be? I never had leaf only eating spider, so then I guess I never witnessed spider mites, but I am sure I had witnessed those nasty bud eating spiders several times in the past

I picked up a bottle of sns217 and i am going to spray them as soon as lights come on, its a pita to get them out though they are so big now, can i spray them in the tent or is better to take them out and spray them

It is better to take them out if you can. You are going to have to make sure that you spray the entire plant making sure to coat both the tops and bottoms of the all the leaves. As bad as the webbing is, I would suspect that other plants have mites but the infestation hasn't gotten to the web stage....yet. I have never seen just 1 plant in a closet infested.

Zem, I do not know what kind of bug/pest you had. I only seem to get mites up here in the mountains and they do not eat buds. Spider mites are almost microscopic and don't actually eat plant material, but suck juices out. Anyone who can help Zem out with what kind of spider eats buds?

ok here is a fairly funny bit of info. I am posting on multiple forums so i get varied advice. on this other forum someone replied to me that they had spider mites and how they got rid of them was to make the humity 80-90% for a couple days and this apparently causes them to die and their eggs to die.
Now the funny part.
when i switched to 12/12 i put them in a used tent, i cleaned the tent somewhat. but when i put them in i started having some trouble with heat and humidity for like 4 or 5 days my humidity was 80-90% my walls were wet, and i was seeing a problem with the one plant but i attributed it to the light, then i added my exhaust fan, turned the second hps off and got the humidity under control, a couple days later i took the pics which showed the new flowers and the web, i used a magnifying glass on the webbed plant and could not find any movement at all from anything, but i was not going to put the plant back in covered in the web so i killed her, and i am checking every day two three times a day and the rest of the plants are fine and thriving, so i think i might have killed them off mid attack and didn't even know anything had happen, until i took the pics of the flowers.

So if you purchase a used tent start out by raising the humidity in it for a week or so with the lights on, and then clean it and do it again.
I have the chemicals on hand if i need them but i am going to refrain from using them yet

so since i took your advice about buying the pestacide i figured i needed to look more closely to make sure there were not any more spiders even thought they look super happy and healthy. So i cut a couple leaves off and visually inspected them and bam saw the little f&ck#rs and took each out of the tent and sprayed liberally top and bottoms, i also trimmed back a bunch of stuff at the bottom and some fan leaves, is it bad to cut fan leaves now?

Zem, I do not know what kind of bug/pest you had. I only seem to get mites up here in the mountains and they do not eat buds. Spider mites are almost microscopic and don't actually eat plant material, but suck juices out. Anyone who can help Zem out with what kind of spider eats buds?

it has been years that I had not seen them, they were light colored very tiny spiders that munched on the buds and moved slowly through the crop, when i tried to spray with weak organic stuff they were spread like crazy, it was better to let them munch on a limited infected area

when is it too late to remove the fan leaves?

Zem; not sure what that was that you had. The insect world is 5x as vast and varied as our world so it could have been a different variety of spider mite or plant eating mite. It could have been tiny caterpillars. There are lots of plant munching critters.

Gooch; it should be fine that you removed some of the leaves. If you have a real "leafy" plant, its not too bad to remove some of the fan leaves during flower but you have to be careful in doing it as it can stress the plant into herming. hopefully, if the genes are strong for that plant(s) then they will survive the stress without herming.

For future reference, the little white spots that I can see on the healthy leaves in the pics that you posted above, those are where the mites have punched their juice sucking straws into the leaves and sucked out the green juice. Thrips and mites will often show that way. With thrips, they typically will start on the bottom leaves and work their way up, leaving the leaves with thousands of little white spots or tiny white trails on the leaves. With the mites, you will often see the little white spots before you see the webs.

Thanks hush and everyone else who helped out, I am checking everyday i am also looking into a more powerful solution as the first spray did not remove them, unless they just stay there and die?

Zem; not sure what that was that you had. The insect world is 5x as vast and varied as our world so it could have been a different variety of spider mite or plant eating mite. It could have been tiny caterpillars. There are lots of plant munching critters.

Gooch; it should be fine that you removed some of the leaves. If you have a real "leafy" plant, its not too bad to remove some of the fan leaves during flower but you have to be careful in doing it as it can stress the plant into herming. hopefully, if the genes are strong for that plant(s) then they will survive the stress without herming.

For future reference, the little white spots that I can see on the healthy leaves in the pics that you posted above, those are where the mites have punched their juice sucking straws into the leaves and sucked out the green juice. Thrips and mites will often show that way. With thrips, they typically will start on the bottom leaves and work their way up, leaving the leaves with thousands of little white spots or tiny white trails on the leaves. With the mites, you will often see the little white spots before you see the webs.

Yeah they kicked my morning glories ace this yr.

Mites are quite tough to get rid of and to top it off, they develop resistance to pesticides/miticides. It often takes more than one application to eradicate them. As you are not growing organic, you may want to look into Forbid, Avid or Floramite. These products are expensive, but it only takes a little bit. There are resellers on E-bay who sell small quantities to those of us that only need small quantities.

I am going to try the hippy way first. I ordered 1800 lady bugs I will sprinkle 20-30 per plant at first and see how that goes and add more as needed. or i could put 100 per plant i guess more is better especially since all my plants are being affected including my veg tent which means it was probably on the clones.

I am a little disappointing right now, i have beautiful girls with buds forming but i have no stank yet, when i smell the leaves i cut they stank like crazy. but my grow room nothing

Man can not judge reefer on smell alone.

Ancient Proverb.

For some strains the florals develop at different times. Some barely have much odor all the way to the end.

I know i just get so jealous when i read everyone elses post talking about how stanky their grow is.

Latest posts

Back