First time grower using ebb and grow system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me blow your mind a little.

just finishing a bowl of sour deisel, great

Consider this; leaves are not green in the summer, and they don't turn red/orange in the fall. A red car is not red. Blue water is not blue. Color is in the light. To our eyes, different wavelengths of light appear as colors. A red car is one that has pigments in the paint that reflect wavelengths of light that appear to our eyes as red. Healthy leaves have chlorophyll that absorbs multiple wavelengths of light, but they reflect the wavelength that appears green to us. In the fall, the green chlorophyll dies off and leaves

I got hung up here wondering if you spelled leaves correctly

only the types of chlorophyll that reflect yellows and oranges.

I actually tested this as a science experiment for my son's school's science day. I used red, blue and green LEDs inside a fully enclosed box that was painted flat black on the inside. If I placed a blue ball inside the box and shined the blue light, it appeared blue. But if I shined red or green light on the blue ball, it appeared black. I did the same for a red ball, a yellow ball, and a green ball. The green ball appeared blue in the blue light but black in the red light.

oops, starting to drift here

The reason it appeared blue in the blue light is because green color in the ball is a mixture of blue and yellow. If there is only red light present then the blue, green and yellow balls will not reflect any of the red light from the LED so it appears black. :)

another keeper

Perception is reality. I know you understand what you think you heard me say, but what you don't understand is that what I said isn't exactly what I meant :eek: :doh:

So I made the biggest rookie mistake, I never went into my flower chamber with lights out, apparently i forgot the fan i put in there has 2 blue leds, so this morning i went into the tent and i was like mother Fu^&%r so i taped it off and hopefully it wont have t bad of an effect on them we will see soon. Not sure if it matters but the blue light was on from the first time i put them into flower which was last week

I seriously doubt that will make much difference unless they were shining directly onto the tops of the plants. Those kinds of LEDs are very low power. Plus if the plant sees that light from the beginning of its onset of flower, then it becomes accustomed to it being there and doesn't have the same level of affect on the plants.

So I made the biggest rookie mistake, I never went into my flower chamber with lights out, apparently i forgot the fan i put in there has 2 blue leds, so this morning i went into the tent and i was like mother Fu^&%r so i taped it off and hopefully it wont have t bad of an effect on them we will see soon. Not sure if it matters but the blue light was on from the first time i put them into flower which was last week

Don't be so hard on yourself, I've been caught on that one lots of times,
tape falls off led indicators, readouts, keypads, etc ,
you have to go in there
hold a white card in front of your face. You shouldn't see it.

oh jeeze, I didn't see HP's post, I defer of course, where's that sig line of mine?
but I still like sitting in the dark talking to my plants.

i was hoping that it wouldnt really matter much and im sure it wont, the led was at the medium level not the tops, and i dont see signs yet of hemies, but i thought it might have delayed the budding process, they are pretty bright, and in the mylar tent the whole thing was blue i was like DOH! grabbed the gorrilla tape and got it covered

i was hoping that it wouldnt really matter much and im sure it wont, snipped -----

ya, that's that wishful thinking stuff that you (meaning me) do when you're looking at balls thinking hairs are coming hahaha
I had one of two fem seeds go male on me of late,
only thing I can thing of is 2 'nights' of red glow from two 4 digit temp readouts.

wait till you see my updated pics tonight, i see flowers sprouting all over the place i am ecstatic, with future bud to enjoy

They look to be flowering to me. The only thing I see that concerns me is the plant in pic 3. It appears to be suffering a deficiency, looks like it needs more magnesium.

actually that one was under athe same ballast that was causing me troubles with the MH I think the ballast is bad or something because all the other plants are fine and all get the same liquid, the other ones around her did not grow as well as the ones under the other hps. So i ordered a new ballast and hopefully that fixes it or i have to get a new hood also

I assume this is not good? this was on the plant that looked bad, it was also getting quite a bit too much water. I cant see anything moving around not sure what it is

View attachment 10-26-web.jpg

OH NO :eek: SOUND THE ALARMS THE BORG IS ATTACKING. seriously, check real close for tiny spiders as that looks like webbing. If so you need to pull out the big guns right away. They will wipe out your crop in a hurry when they get established.

I have neem oil i was planning on using it when lights go out tonight but i could not find anything moving anywhere? i was using a microscope and it looked like lint but it is the only plant showing this, should i pull her out? its sitting right in front of a fan also

well for sure that plant had a problem, i removed it and sprayed it and saw all kinds of webbing, so i pulled her "leave the gun grab the cannolies"
I have not seen any issues on the others at this point but when lights go out i will be giving them a good soaking with neem

Better safe than sorry when dealing with the Borg. They are a hard bunch to destroy once they are established, from everything I have heard. I have been fortunate to not ever get them in mine, but I have seen them attack other plants and wipe them out quickly. maintain your vigilance as the mites are very tiny and difficult to see. They look like specks of dirt with the naked eye. Do a google image on them to see what they look like.

so worst case scenario can i still use the buds for oil even if i cant smoke it?

and looking closer at the third pic above closer i can see web all over the place on it

so worst case scenario can i still use the buds for oil even if i cant smoke it?

oh no they feed on the bud leaving only their **** behind. the infected part is good for nothinhg

First, DO NOT USE NEEM OIL! Yes, I am shouting. Neem oil is useless for anything IMO. It blocks the pores of the plants and does absolutely nothing at all to combat the mites. At this point you need something strong to combat them. If you are organic, I would get some SNS 217. Otherwise, I would get something strong like Forbid, Floramite, or Avid. You need to get on them fast, but not with neem oil (I would like to see you throw that away completely).

Zem, mites generally feed on the underside of the leaves, sucking the juices out. They generally do not really feed on the buds, but may be present on buds if you have as bad infestation (and he does). They do not feed on the buds and leave all their **** behind however. The bud is fine to smoke.

Gooch, hit all the plants ASAP with something that will work (not neem). You can probably get rid of the mites and have just about as fine a harvest...if you hit them right away with something serious.

Latest posts

Back