Shrooms..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marywanna

Reaction score
Where do you find shrooms...and how many do you need to get messed up?

There not in season right now. I belive this is a Marijuana forum though... I only need about 5 to start grilling. It depends but your first time you should not try and take a lot you might have a bad trip. Thier are shroom dealers though that store them for when their out of season. You can always ask your friends and dealers if you really want them. Otherwise wait for them to be in season and pick em!

they grow on cow manure right???? when is the season to pick them?...Dont you have to go outside in like a farm area right after it has rained to get them?

They grow near farms (Manure) in wet forests (If there are not logged by then) and is some wet marsh like areas with natural wood chips. My old High school used to have shrooms grow behind it next to a creek. After a rain is always best. The season (at least for the ones around here) Is fall.

They don't grow in outdoors as much as they used, some states have implemented fungicides in cattle feed and such to slow it down. I wouldn't advise going out and picking anything to eat unless you really know what it is, a whole lot of mushrooms, perhaps most of them are pretty poisonous and it only takes one time of ingesting some to have permanent liver damage.
Potency can vary greatly so it's hard to say how many you need, outdoor ones will not be nearly as strong as some crazy lab grown ones. I've had little tiny "straw" caps that were absolute killers and some huge outdoor ones that you damn near had to make a meal of it. Start out slow.

I know what to look for here because only one type grows: psyonecince(I have no idea how their spelled) The caramel tops and white stocks. But Biffdoggie is right one should use extreme catiuon or go with someone who really knows what to look for.

yeah they grow all the Island here wild.....not much you can do about that eh? ;) but like you and Bif noted about the kinds...

most definitely lots of poisonous ones.....so yup...don' eat unless you are a bonafide mushroom expert guy.....and if you are an expert....come on over and teach me and zen ;) :D

Devilweed said:
They grow near farms (Manure) in wet forests (If there are not logged by then) and is some wet marsh like areas with natural wood chips. My old High school used to have shrooms grow behind it next to a creek. After a rain is always best. The season (at least for the ones around here) Is fall.

Fishing 009 (Small).jpg

Fishing 007 (Small).jpg

wow those r some nice shrooms!!
they look nasty!!

ive never seen some like that over here!!

those ones there purple are poisonous....but damn pretty...i only evr found them on one trail here...and it was right out in the open ...they seemed to really like that one area

shrooms be growing in my backyard all the time one they start to grow ill take a pic of them i never pick them cuz i aiant no shroom expert and dont know if they poisnous so i just leave them alone

You can buy kits to grow your own mushrooms at home.
It's easy.
My friend used to grow both the "magic" kinds as well as various other edible types in his basement.
There's one type (shiitake?) that grow on rotten wood.

Mushrooms aren't plants; they are a fungi. They contain no chlorophyll and don't require light to grow. They also don't produce seeds, they reproduce by sending out spores.
The air we breathe is full of fungi spores of various types--you're breathing some right now.

There are some kinds of mushrooms that grow ONLY right after a forest fire. I met some guys who would travel around the west coast looking for these. They told me they could make several hundred $$/day just hiking around and picking these mushrooms from burned area's and selling them to gourmet restarants.

You can buy books on Mushroom Identification. As for growing... Good luck. I personally would not EVER do them enough to need to grow them. After shroom trips I feel like shit, soo taxing on the body.

Every fall I collect "edible" mushrooms off a nearby mountain. Chantrells are my favorite, sauteed in butter and a li'l garlic and served alongside fresh elk tenderloin... they are to kill for. I like the Boletes too. Nice 'n meaty, you can actually eat a nice fat 'mushroom' steak from them. I collect a few Shaggy manes and "Coral" 'shrooms, too. But are my least favorites.

Latest posts

Back