Rooting a clone in water pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pot Belly

Honeywagoneer
Reaction score
Here's some pics of a clone about 14 days from cutting just stuck in straight water. pH 6.8 No hormone used.

PB:)

P1010682.JPG

P1010683.JPG

P1010684.JPG

well man i got mine in straight water now for about 5 days and i see nothin do u no when i should see somethin<<i hope mine comes out like yours and i also have a question if i take a few off my girl in flower off the bottom of the plant can i put it in a cup of water and still get roots its about 1 month into flower and has hairs on the brances???

tom-tom said:
well man i got mine in straight water now for about 5 days and i see nothin do u no when i should see somethin

if i take a few off my girl in flower off the bottom of the plant can i put it in a cup of water and still get roots its about 1 month into flower and has hairs on the brances???

Hi tom-tom

Give your cutting more time. Within 2 weeks you should see bumps turing into roots. Don't let your clone get dry.

You can root a flowering cutting but it will take more time for the plant to switch gears from flower to root production.

The key is keeping your cutting living with properly pH'd water. Good luck.

That is one wild root..... that one took off and the other bumps just there.... Cool.... Wierd.. but kewl

2 weeks? uhh thats too long, try some peat pellets, I usually get mine 5 to 7 days, and use liquid hormone, imo works much better then the powder...

Blunted said:
2 weeks? uhh thats too long, try some peat pellets, I usually get mine 5 to 7 days, and use liquid hormone, imo works much better then the powder...

This was just an experiment in straight water at 6.8 pH with no rooting hormone used on purpose. I'm finding out MJ is so easy to grow if you master a few of the 'givens', and play around with 'everything else'. I've found that cooler rooting medium temps do slow root development on cuttings.

Due to differences in strain root development, and cloning medium temperature, I felt it would be safe to give the cuttings 2 weeks to get root development. Especially not knowing more info on said environment so to speak.

Great job on your rooting success. There are so many ways to do it right. :aok:

PB, did you give the water any added oxygen-or just swirl the glass?

shuggy4105 said:
PB, did you give the water any added oxygen-or just swirl the glass?

I replaced the water every other day and that was it.

hey pb you was right on i seen the little bumps and the next day their was roots their lol ,,so my rooting in plain water worked perfect 2 ,,this is the way im gonna do all my clones since it works for me im gonna let her rip now im gonna cut about 4 our 5 clones today off my female in veg ,,,wish me luck

HAPPY GROWIN TOM TOM
AND HAPPY SMOKIN

tom-tom said:
hey pb you was right on i seen the little bumps and the next day their was roots their lol ,,so my rooting in plain water worked perfect 2 ,,this is the way im gonna do all my clones since it works for me im gonna let her rip now im gonna cut about 4 our 5 clones today off my female in veg ,,,wish me luck

not all cuttings taken from the same female i hope, too much stress all at once.
take one,two max from the same plant at any one time.
:watchplant:

you guys like the water method me to if u all try the bubbler cloner u will fall in luv i got mine under a 400 watt hps 12 on 12 off no dome,so nice.PS

I like using water because it lets me know the progress of the rooting. :aok: I can't stand not knowing what's going on in that dirt.:hairpull:

That clone by the way is the one used in my current Green Giant Grow Journal.

i`d be on the look out for BALLS if i was you man, too much pruning can also delay flower-even stop it.

Pot Belly said:
Here's some pics of a clone about 14 days from cutting just stuck in straight water. pH 6.8 No hormone used.

thanks PB for this thread. this brother owes you.

question: you just toss the branch in a cup of water and let it flow?

-what temps?, and humidity?

-24hr darkness?

forget said:
question: you just toss the branch in a cup of water and let it flow?

-what temps?, and humidity?

-24hr darkness?

Yes - I cut it at an angle, so it will absorb water easier. Just stick it in that water, and that's it.

I use my veg box for these. The water stabilizes at whatever my GB temp is. Usually between 75 - 85 degrees F constantly. Humidity in my GB is 25 to 35% and I don't even mist with water. 100% success in all my cuttings - soil or water. It's not difficult. Remember to keep the water in the cup at all times and don't let it dry out. Replace the water with fresh every couple days or so. It will cloud up and sour.

No 24 hr darkness used on mine.

would a cutting sprout a root...if it was still in the flowering room?
as in its still on the 12/12 cycle.........then you switch it to vegg once its in soil??

that possible?

Ekoostik_Hookah said:
would a cutting sprout a root...if it was still in the flowering room?
as in its still on the 12/12 cycle.........then you switch it to vegg once its in soil??

that possible?
yes but if your cloning a plant in flower you would want to put it rite into 18/6 or 24 some people like 24 but i never tried it:D

Latest posts

Back