Our Second Grow (Purple Kush + Unknown)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuzigothigh

...Roll another blunt...
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

It is really good to be back. We have been absent for about a year now. We have some space to ourselves again, so we have decided to start our second grow.

Feel free to comment on the setup. Any suggestions/questions?

We have 2 Purple Kush Clones, that we got on Saturday (3 days now).
3 unknown strains. We had some beans from our first grow. IT appears we didn't remove the male on time and he snuck in on us :hubba:, so we found some seeds.... We were able to grow 4 seedlings out of 7 beans.
1 seedling died over 4th of july weekend... (Wrong weekend to start your grow.. ja ja) . THe third has been put thorugh alot. 2 straight days of darkness when she was 3 days old, and then she was put in a plastic clear container for about 3 days... it is not as big as her sisters.. but i hope she will recover.

Our Setup:

600W HPS
Oceans Forest Soil
Costco Water ... I have tested th PH level several times, and i consistantly read 7 PH. Is this good/bad for the plants? SHould i not water with bottled water?

THanks!
CZ

DSC02982.JPG

DSC02984.JPG

DSC02985.JPG

DSC02988.JPG

DSC02994.JPG

DSC03009.JPG

DSC03014.JPG

DSC03015.JPG

DSC03024.JPG

DSC03042.JPG

Thank You Melissa!
We appreciate your well thoughts!!!

Good Job on yor Grow.
You had pretty looking ladies!!!

CZ

Hi Guys,

We have made some changes in the room.

For example we have replaced the old bulky table for a slimer and about an inch shorter. We were having a bit of problems with the temps going too high, but i think this inch has made a difference.

We have a 600 W air cooled HPS light.
I am not sure if i am using the term "air cool" right.
We are only exhausting the air with a 265cm cage out of the closet.

We have an intake on the window, 4 in ducting with a sponge (used as filter) at the end to bring cool fresh air in. THis is through a long ducting, where it later gets enlarged to a six inch attached to a small fan. Not sure how big the fan is but it is probably a 125 cfm.
When i light a lighter next to the intake, i do not see any significant movement of the flame which leads me to believe that the fresh air is not being circualted into the room.
To my surprise, there is enough air movement coming out of the tube where the fan is? Where is the majority of this air coming from? I have a hint that is mostly compounded of the air around the fan? Am i right?

This intake points up, along with a small fan pointing up. THe plants are on top of the table, and just to the right of the light there is a small fan hanging. I also have a larger fan blowing fresh in to the closet.

Let me know what you guys think.

CZ

PS I will post pics again alter tomorrow.
Apparently i cant upload pics that i ahve already uploaded in another threat.
I have a threat in indoor gardening with the updated pics.

Good night!

akirahz,

We'll try to do a good job at documenting along the way!

CZ

I think i have figured out what the problem was with the Purple Kush clones. There were moved from one environment to another abruptly.

I placed them directly under the 600 W HPS light. I saw signs of burning but figured it was part of the process as roots would grow further out of the rock-wool it was in.

I am also spraying water with a little bit of 6-0-0 (N) to try to maintain the humidity level up on the clones. My humidity level in the room is usually around 40 - 45.

I will update with pics soon.

I am trying to get more clones by tomorrow. Also thinking of buying a 400 w MH light for vegging? Do you guys recommend an 400 W MH light? Or should i create a series of CFLs? Which one is better for the plant?

CZ

HI All,

Well here are some pictures.
I covered some intese light with a card board. I feel that the Purple Kush clones are looking better...

Enjoy !!!

CZ

:) :)

DSC03073.JPG

DSC03074.JPG

DSC03075.JPG

DSC03076.JPG

DSC03077.JPG

DSC03078.JPG

DSC03079.JPG

How old are the clones in that picture? any idea or are you fellas keeping track?
-----------------
Looks like some primo vegetative growth but the lighting looks orange, you using that 600 watt hps for vegetative growth? :( -- guess it doesn't matter since the clones were taken from a mother right?

Either way they should snap out of it soon and get ta being primo clones :) - hope the unknowns turn female for yas :)

Akirahz,

We got the clones (purple Kusk 2x) last saturday.
One week with us.
Unknown how long since cutting.

Yes, unfortunately i have not had chance to get a 400 w MH light. So i am growing them under a 600 hps light. The two clones were out of mothers, i also have 3 seedlings, 1 healthy looking "female" (i hope), and atother droopy plant.

What is the purpose of knowing the clone's age?
Is this related to MH and CFL's?
I am trying to get some more cuttings... u thin i should leave them under the HPS? Get a 400 w MH light? or create a series of CFLs with enough light for the new clones?

Hello Everyone,

Two Updates!

One,

I have placed the droopy plant under the table so that it doesn't get as much direct light. Apperently, 2 hrs later it looks healthier... or i am just too optimistic :) .
We will see tomorrow when i go check up on them.
The two clones have also been moved to receive less intense light from the hps lamp.

Second,

We GOT MORE CLONES!!!!:clap: :dancing: :smoke1: :heart: :headbang2: :cool2:

We have:

2 Sour Diesel
2 G-13
1 Shiva Skunk
1 Super Silver Haze
2 Purple Kush
3 Uknown Seedlings from our first ever grow!

Pictures will be uploaded tomorrow!
Wish me luck!
I think i might have gotten too many plants for my experience, but i could not resist of getting those new clones. Practice leads to perfection, so I decided to give it a try.

Comments/Questions/Advice always welcome!

Debating if to create a set of lights out of CFL's or get a 400 w MH light?
Any suggestions or comments from experience?

Thanks

:)
CZ

I finally discovered why the leaves were turning yellow flousecent (newbie here). So i have added some Nitrogen in the watering. I also managed to over feed, and now i am showing some nute burn. I have watered down a bit, no compeltely flysh to try to control the N in the soil.

I am looking fwd of the leaves turning green in the next few days... Wish me Luck!!!!!!

CZ

DSC03080.JPG

DSC03096.JPG

DSC03098.JPG

DSC03100.JPG

DSC03105.JPG

DSC03109.JPG

DSC03112.JPG

DSC03111.JPG

DSC03113.JPG

Kludge said:
Ditto. Raising my humidity from 35-40% to 55-60% and lowering the temps from 80F to 75F made a huge improvement.
thats exactly what my temp/humidity is set at;) . you'll be amazed at the rate of growth you get after changing.

PUFF MONKEY said:
try increasing the humidity to 65% for faster more robust growth. it worked for me

Puff Monkey,

Thank You! You saved my Ladies!!!!

I had completeley overlooked the humidity levels.
I went back to my grow bible and realized i should have been a lot higher (65%)... So, i have added a small humidifier... i will uploads some pics later tonight/tomorrow.

:ccc:
CZ

Kludge said:
Ditto. Raising my humidity from 35-40% to 55-60% and lowering the temps from 80F to 75F made a huge improvement. If you have a closed room you can use a cheap $20 humidifier, just make sure you get one of the cool breeze ones, not one that heats the water to make mist as those will raise the temps in your room. The cool breeze one's can actually cool your room as they act like an evaporative cooler. (Not enough to mater but it does make a nice cool breeze to blow on your plants)

Kludge,
I was just like you. My humidity lever was between 35 - 45. I went yesterday to the store and got a cheap $30 one. However, i think it is too small. I closed the doors to the closet last night and temps climbed to 85F with a 49% humidity.

Not where i want to be. The cool breeze it's very important!
I will run a test today. My fain fan will be off during the 5 hr night period (i purposely decreased the dark from 6 hrs to 5 hrs, as to have 19 hrs of "on" instead of 18. There shouldn't be any problems with this right? I have heard of 18/6 and 24/0 cycles but figured something in between wouldn't hurt. I have been constant since day 4.) with the humidifier on for 5 hrs. This should raise the level in the closet and the temps should also be lower. If this setup works then i don't think i will change it for a while.

Lets see.
Pictures later tonight.

Thanks for your help!

PUFF MONKEY said:
thats exactly what my temp/humidity is set at;) . you'll be amazed at the rate of growth you get after changing.

I like That!!! I want to be you in 3 months. Saying, "My temp / humidity is set at 75f and 65%. I was amazed at the rate of growth i got after changing"

:D :D

Thanks! I am looking forward to the next 4 days to see how they start changing.

CZ

Hi Everyone,

So it has been a few days since we have posted. However, let me say that we have completely changed our setup.
We first did it little by little, always aiming to get that "oh so precious!!" 75f/65% environment.

Well... i wil try my best to update according how the events unfolded... i did take pictures to share. It got so bad that at one point we did not think the ladies would make it....

(First set of pics tomorrow [or later today.. ja ja... it is 5 am in ca])

CZ

Ok,

So the plants seemed not to like the hps bulb on the 600 w ballast, perhaps too close??? i am not sure.

So we decided to change the setup.We have replaced the HPS bulb for a 600w conversion MH bulb?

Also, i have purchased a humidifier... this is great... girls looked better already...

Tell us what you tghink o fthe setup and girls?

CZ

DSC03116.JPG

DSC03117.JPG

DSC03118.JPG

DSC03119.JPG

DSC03120.JPG

DSC03121.JPG

DSC03125.JPG

DSC03127.JPG

DSC03126.JPG

DSC03130.JPG

Hi Everyone,

So we were not happy with the way the ladies were looking... they seem they would not make it, they were droopy very yellow and some leaves were already dying. Something needed to be changed inmediately!

The setup of the closet was changed.
Went from a 600w mh conversionbulb to CFL setup.

We were initially growing in a home made (by me ja ja) grow closet... but it was an old one and the cuttings really didn't like the place.

I am now growing in a grow closet... grow was thought of when they made the closet.

The girls really reacted to the new area....
A lot has changed since the first day that they were moved... pics are taken ... and i am still updating what happened last week.
I think the first day... 1 65w cfl was placed... the light outpust is similar to one of a 500w bulb... i think the lumen output is close to or around 5k lumens... enjoy the pics... more updating will follow...

CZ

DSC03161.JPG

DSC03133.JPG

DSC03134.JPG

DSC03135.JPG

DSC03136.JPG

DSC03137.JPG

DSC03138.JPG

DSC03139.JPG

DSC03150.JPG

DSC03153.JPG

Latest posts