Our Second Grow (Purple Kush + Unknown)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so pretty............so wanting........so sad.......so happy for ya........kush kush kush kush. PURPLE Kush kush kush kush

just checking in.... nothing huh

City,

Here is some update on our PK's.
Enjoy :)

I have been very busy with daily chores that all the free time i've had i have invested it in improving the grow area. A lot has changed since last pictures were taken. We also added more clones :D , we now have a larger variety (Super Silver Haze, Sour Diesel, Purple Kush, G-13, Shiva Skunk, Apollo Mist, ChemDog, 2 unknowns (product of our first attempt to grow)), however this doesn't happen until a bit later than the pictures below.

You might notice a transition from a closet to a chamber.

The last two pics are Purple Kush :cool: :cool:

CZ

DSC03337.JPG

DSC03339.JPG

DSC03340.JPG

DSC03342.JPG

DSC03344.JPG

DSC03350.JPG

DSC03353.JPG

DSC03355.JPG

DSC03362.JPG

DSC03363.JPG

bombbudpuffa said:
Looks good. Maybe a lil less nutes but great job besides that:).

Thanks bombbudpuffa!

Pics are still about a week behind.

I will update with some more pictures this afternoon.

ya know i like the KUSH.
thanks for the update. looking good!!!

So, some of the girls (ahem!,) ladies excuse me! are showing hairs. I noticed them first on the Purple Kush (thanks for the green mojo City, bbp and everyone else following this journal! :cool: ). Purple Kush #2 is also showing some healthy signs as she recovers from all of the over wattering i did on her. HEr leaves are turning green in more places... the ugly yellow flourescent is finally wearing off!

Well, now we have a problem. Our SOur Diesel streched!
Should i start bending? Change her to a different setup... (this might be more work and more $$$, as i will be running another light for it... and other fans... and well u know what i mean...

DSC03490.JPG

DSC03508.JPG

DSC03509.JPG

DSC03510.JPG

DSC03511.JPG

DSC03516.JPG

DSC03514.JPG

DSC03515.JPG

As you can see, alot of this is trial and error. It looks as though you are getting it. I really think its a good idea to transition smoothly with the lighting. I go from 100 watt flouros to 400 watt mh then to 600 watt hps. Its less stress for them, and thats a good thing. Keep growing!

They are coming around pretty nice.
If you are still using bottle water you may want to go to Walmart or Home-Depot and get a carbon filter that attachés on the end of your spicket. You only use it when you want the filtered water and you get 200 gallons per filter. In the long run it would be a lot cheaper. I use one made by Dupont and seems to work out good.
You may also want to back off on the nutrients it may help with the yellowing. I am not trying to be rude just help!!
Looks Like You Are Doing A Good Job With A lot Of Hard Work

KushBlower12 said:
As you can see, alot of this is trial and error. It looks as though you are getting it. I really think its a good idea to transition smoothly with the lighting. I go from 100 watt flouros to 400 watt mh then to 600 watt hps. Its less stress for them, and thats a good thing. Keep growing!

Trial and Error?? :D Tell me about it.
I went from 600w hps (when they were vegging) to cfls (i did my own setup, i think i had about 142w), to mh (400w), back to cfls (one single cfl bulb at 125w at 14k kelvin)... for the veg girls... and i am flowering with 400w hps.

I think i will move the Sour Diesel to another setup and put it under the 600w light that i have... she should do well as she is tall as hell (she did most of the stretching one night under the first CFL (142w) setup... the light over her was a little too far... and it was too late for me to try to adjust (adjusting took me about 20 mins)... so i said... ill call it a night.. fix it tomorrow... how much can she stretch in one night?

:eek: Next morning, she was almost twice as big compared to everyone else.. and well... now in flower she is only going to grow more... my only concern is... if i was to start bending her... i have no idea what/how/ to do it... i am afraid i will "Trial and Error" with her.. and mess up the nice flowering she has going... Plus... our "own beans #1" is pretty big, bushy and tall, i took 4 cuttings out of her.. i hope to have roots... as i plan on keeping the cuttings going for a while... (she is the product of our first ever grow [our first grow doesnt really count... we had to chop her before she could mature... and the smoke wasn't pleasant either], one male 2 females... they snuck around on us.. and well we got beans... je je...) she is like our baby!

CZ

bombbudpuffa said:
I would. She seems to be getting tall.

bbp,

Is it hard to do? do you think i will mess up her nice growing stretch?
should i just put her under a 600w setup and add some cfls on the side to supplement the light/distance loss of power/lumens? :confused:

cz

GrandDaddyToke said:
They are coming around pretty nice.
If you are still using bottle water you may want to go to Walmart or Home-Depot and get a carbon filter that attachés on the end of your spicket. You only use it when you want the filtered water and you get 200 gallons per filter. In the long run it would be a lot cheaper. I use one made by Dupont and seems to work out good.
You may also want to back off on the nutrients it may help with the yellowing. I am not trying to be rude just help!!
Looks Like You Are Doing A Good Job With A lot Of Hard Work

GrandDaddyToke,

I am still using water bottle.. i was told to mix half bottle water and half tap water (adjusting ph level, of course) because i am not getting all of the micronutrients (i think they are micronutrients like ca, and others that come in tap water) into the soil. Ill give it a try next time i water. The two reasons why i use bottle water is because 1)ph is already at 7. 2) I take 3 cases to the grow area.. and leave them there... then stock again when they finish... as oppose of making several trips from fosset to grow area every time i water. (thanks for the idea.. perhaps i can install a water line to the grow area... hmmmm.... je je :D ... water line in the grow area... i like the idea... i think i have a project to work on ... once i finish the final air intake and exhaust from the room.)

I think the yellowing came from the first watering that i did... i used too much "sea weed"?? (is that what is called?). plus the cfls were too close to the plants.. as i was spraying and leaving water drops on the leaves....
havent made the same mistake again.

As far as nutes go, i am doing 1/4 the recommended dosage.. so i think i am not over nutting... BTW... I am not taking any comments/advise in a bad way... i got lots to learn and i appreaciate all comments and suggestions!!

Thanks for the ideas and for taking time to check out our journal!

CZ
:cool:

My outside grow has a large lake right beside the grow. I use the lake water that I think has lots of nutrients in it . I also take some nutrients with me when i go and add to the water!! I JUST GOT TO WATCH OUT FOR SOME BIG GATORS THAT CLAIM THE LAKE!!We have had so much rain with Tropical Storm Fay i been letting them dry out

GrandDaddyToke said:
My outside grow has a large lake right beside the grow. I use the lake water that I think has lots of nutrients in it . I also take some nutrients with me when i go and add to the water!! I JUST GOT TO WATCH OUT FOR SOME BIG GATORS THAT CLAIM THE LAKE!!We have had so much rain with Tropical Storm Fay i been letting them dry out

Talk about Bragging rights! I thought my mightypadlock was a great security device... but gators? Can't compete, thats another whole different category!

We have been following your grow.. Best wishes.. Lots of Green Mojo ur way!!!

CWGH
:cool: :cool:

Latest posts

Back