Nirvana Northern Lights CFL Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuy103

Praying for a female!
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Exactly two weeks ago, I germinated 4 seeds. All four germinated but only three lasted. So I germinated one more and now I have 3 two week old babies and 1 one week old.
March 7th, Planted NL #1-3
March 14th, Planted NL #4

As the title states, I'm using CFL's (6500K for VEG, 2700K for FLOWER) from start to finish. I grew my last crop, Diesel Ryders, with CFL's from start to finish and I was happy with the end results. I enjoy using these low maintenance and low heat CFL's. Besides, I don't have the money to purchase a HPS/MH light set with proper fans and ventilation. :)
I am using a total of 8 bulbs giving me around 15,000lumens for VEG and around 20,000+ lumens for Flower.

My grow space is around 4-6 square feet.

I am using Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil and the trio line of the liquid fertalizers.

The AC is set to 78 degrees for the entire house. Although it's 78 degrees in the house, the grow space is higher, around 88 degrees. Unfortunately, my hands are tied and I can not lower the temperature unless mother nature decides to have a cold summer. :p
The entire room I am growing in is dedicated to these plants, but I'm only growing it in the closet. So, for my ventilation I will have the window wide open for the entire length of the grow along with a fan to circulate the air.

I will give, at the least, weekly updates if not more. I water my plants every 3-4 days which are the days I will take pictures but that's a lot of picture taking for me, lol.

Pic 1&2: NL1, 14 days

Pic 3&4: NL2, 14 days

Pic 5&6: NL3, 14 days

Pic 7&8: NL4, 7 days

Pic 9: Simple Grow Set-up
These aren't very exciting, but it will be in the next coming weeks.

:D Enjoy :D

:watchplant:...praying for a female

IMG_0962.JPG

IMG_0963.JPG

IMG_0964.JPG

IMG_0969.JPG

IMG_0970.JPG

IMG_0972.JPG

IMG_0973.JPG

IMG_0974.JPG

IMG_0975.JPG

cool I just picked up some nirvana nl beans myself so I'll be keeping an eye on this one!!!

lookin nice bro,, i used CFL's threw my whole grow too, worked fine, although i had 25,000lumes on one plant lol, so yea they do work, plus it was a lowryder checkout my link down below

NYC_Diesel x Jack_Herer said:
I like the tight internodal spacing in pic #2, you can tell they are getting enough light.

Thanks! I can already see how short and bushy the plants will grow. I love those fat indica leaves.

In the picture you're referring to, pic #2, do I have two or three nodes?

zipflip said:
idk if all strains look absolutely identical but today i was tod from the buddy i got the seeds from for my ladies i have inflower now that the ones i got in pink buckets are northern lights. and was comparing pix of mine when tehy were botu same age etc. and tehy look identical http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=446746&postcount=37

If they are NL, then they should look very similar which they do.

zipflip said:
good lookin babies man.
Right back at ya! :D

The diesel ryders I grew are a decent smoke, but It's definitely not the high I expected or wanted. When I smoke my Diesel Ryders it's like drinking a cup of coffee combined with a chill buzz. It's great for outdoor activities like hiking, camping, sun-bathing, etc. But what I want is that couch-lock effect where all I can do is stare at the T.V. and drool, lol. Is that what I can expect from Northern Lights?

i think i read somwhere how auto strains arent as potent as regular strains BUT are gettin better at breeding or watever to get petter potency in the auros tho? but i could be imagining things too i guess. lol

I've read that somewhere too. But, of course, I would not beleive it until I tried it myself. Unfortunately, in my experience, I feel that my auto's were just not potent enough for my liking. Other than that, I think auto's are great!

For anyone who has grown and/or smoked Northern Lights...what can I expect? Couch-lock, lost in thought, dazed and confused...

Did my 5th watering today and took some pictures.

Pic #1-3: NL1, Day 16

Pic #4-5: NL2, Day 16

Pic #6-8: NL3, Day 16

Pic #9-10: NL4, Day 9

Started full strength Big Bloom + 1/4 strength Big Grow. I will work my way up to full strength Big Grow until flowering stage. I have another 5 waterings before then, so I'll see how they handle the nutes.

Thanks for stopping by!

IMG_0976.JPG

IMG_0977.JPG

IMG_0979.JPG

IMG_0980.JPG

IMG_0981.JPG

IMG_0982.JPG

IMG_0983.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

IMG_0985.JPG

IMG_0986.JPG

Did my 6th watering today.
Full str. BB + 1/2 str. GB

Pic: #1-3, NL1, Day 19

Pic: #4-6, NL2, Day 19

Pic #7-9, NL3, Day 19

Pic #10-12, NL4, Day 12

Looks like they handled the last dosage of nutes well. I can't wait to put them into flower.

Thanks for stopping by! :smoke1:

IMG_0987.JPG

IMG_0989.JPG

IMG_0990.JPG

IMG_0992.JPG

IMG_0994.JPG

IMG_0996.JPG

IMG_0997.JPG

IMG_0998.JPG

IMG_0999.JPG

IMG_1001.JPG

IMG_1002.JPG

IMG_1004.JPG

i lovin the tightness of the node spacing man.
my ladies in flower right now had same thin goin on at first as well.
lookin good. keep it goin man.

ps: HONNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKK!!!!!!!! (ya avatar) lol

what does your light setup look like? and in your opinion is it better to have the cfl pointing at the plant or to be horizontal with it?

yeaa lookin good, ur gonna have one giant nug!! lol node r very close.....keep up da good work

TokeWithHope said:
what does your light setup look like?

Here, you can see how I set up my lights. :D

TokeWithHope said:
and in your opinion is it better to have the cfl pointing at the plant or to be horizontal with it?

I'm assuming the CFL is above the plant in both conditions. In my opinion, for what it's worth..lol, it does not matter. The CFL should equally disperese the light, in terms of luminosity, in all directions regardless if the light(bulb) is horizontal or pointing. I would not think there is more luminosity on the top of the bulb versus the sides. :D

Everyone, thank you for your comments! I adore the support and appreciate the feedback.

HHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNKKKKKK:smoke1:

Latest posts

Back