Nirvana Northern Lights CFL Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did my 7th watering May 29th
Full Str. BB + Full Str. GB

Did my 8th watering TODAY
Full Str. BB + Full Str. GB

Pic #1-3, NL1, Day 26, about 12 inches tall

Pic #4-6, NL2, Day 26, about 7 inches tall

Pic #7-9, NL3, Day 26, about 7 inches tall

Pic #10-12, NL4, Day 19, about 5-6 inches tall

I can't wait to put these bad boys into flower. I'm putting them into flower on Saturday which would give them about 30 days of VEG. They are taking the nutrients well. There are no signs of nutrient burn or nutrient deficiency.

Thanks for stopping by!:smoke1:

IMG_1028.JPG

IMG_1029.JPG

IMG_1030.JPG

IMG_1033.JPG

IMG_1034.JPG

IMG_1035.JPG

IMG_1036.JPG

IMG_1037.JPG

IMG_1038.JPG

IMG_1039.JPG

IMG_1040.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

hey man nice looking plant
i wish you good luck
check out my grow in my signature too
ill be watching :watchplant:

looking real nice man,
have you taken any clones off these?
or are you just going to stick em' in flower and see what you got?

Yo, those look sexy.

Northern Lights is more of a couchlock high because it is mostly indica. If you let it flower until the trichs are half cloudy/half amber then it could possibly make you drool unvoluntarily... anyways with those fat leaves, tight nodes and bushiness that phenotype of northern lights is definately mostly indica.

I haven't tried Nirvana's NL (I might try a run at a pack sometime...) but those look alot more indica than the Nirvana NL I have seen people do in the past... I just have only done some BCSC NL #5 and G-13 Labs NL freebies so Nirvana could be different but it prolly will not deviate much from this.

Keep up the great work.

hi cuy103....just found this and will watch you thru the grow....I am doing my first cfl grow, also using 6500kelvins for vegging and am in day 18....but am experiencing a slight problem from two plants that withered up from lack of watering...my fault....been too buzy building a deck on the south side..am also using Fox Farm Ocean for first time and before yesterday, everybody was happy....am wishing you well....painterdude

Unfortunately, I will not be taking clones because I have limited time and I lack space, lordhighlama. And thanks for the input Weezy, I can't wait to start "drooling involuntarily." Your grow is looking great, thedonofchronic. I can't wait to see what you can do! I think you're going to love the Fox Farm soil, painterdude,because I know my plants are loving it! LoL, no need for jealousy,TokeWithHope, because soon you'll have a plant looking healthy and tasty too!

Thanks for the comments everyone!

p.s. I think you'll notice some browning on pic's #1 and 7 which is a result of heat burn not nutrient burn. I was away for the weekend and underestimated how tall the plants would grow. When I came back the top of the plants were pressing against the bulb. But it's ok with me. I'm more happy about the amount of growth than I am upset about the burn. :D

Hey!
Nice grow Cuy!
Keep them coming... :D
Sorry if I've missed it somewhere, but when do you start flowering?

nikimadritista said:
Hey!
Nice grow Cuy!
Keep them coming... :D
Sorry if I've missed it somewhere, but when do you start flowering?

Thanks!!! I am going to start flowering this Friday, June 5th which will give me 29 days of VEG for NL's #1-3 and 22 days of VEG for NL #4. :D

I can't hardly wait to put them into flower which is tomorrow!!!

And then the "real" waiting begins, lol.

Will post pics tomorrow. :D

Did my 9th watering today.
Full FLUSH w/ distilled water, no nutrients.

Pic #1-3: NL1, Day 29, little over a foot tall (13"-15"), 10 node sites

Pic #4-7: NL2, Day 29, around 8"-10", 9 node sites

Pic #8-10: NL3, Day 29, around 8"-10", 9 node sites

Pic #11: NL4, Day 22, around 6"-8", 8 node sites

I'm really excited because I can see very slight signs of pre-flower's. I was expecting to wait 10 days INTO the flowering light cycle to determine sex. But I can already see signs of sex! Besides seeing very slight signs of pre-flowers, all my plants have alternating nodes, as seen in pictures #5 and #10, which tell me that they are mature enough for flowering. :D

I am 90% positive that NL #1-3 are female. I can see very small "sacks" with extremely tiny white hairs emerging from those "sacks." I wish I could take pictures of these little white hairs but my camera doesn't do small close ups well.

Unfortunately, I only have room for two females and I'm pretty sure I have three MAYBE four which would give me a 75%-100% female rate!

I wish I could take some clones and do some breeding, but I only got until the end of August to finish. Oh Well. Thanks for stopping by! :smoke1:

IMG_1042.JPG

IMG_1048.JPG

IMG_1049.JPG

IMG_1050.JPG

IMG_1053.JPG

IMG_1054.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG

IMG_1060.JPG

IMG_1061.JPG

IMG_1062.JPG

IMG_1064.JPG

i used 16 26watt cfls 2700k for flower an my buds were still prettty airy. and my space is only 2.5x3ft.
u said ya usin 8, right? im sure ya sittin like me, cant afford the 150-200$ at one crack for hps... but if you can in any way afford even 1 more cfl it would help more IMO
or even squarin ya space smaller when ya weed out the males by puttin up a sheet cardboard wit mylar or wat ya reflectant is. that would help too i would think. it basically makin ya canpy square foot amall = more lumens/ft
thats kinda wat i did when i made my room. now i wish i woulda made it bigger lol.
but honestly man you will definately not regret throwin in as many cfls for flower as ya possibly can as if ya wanna check the bud shots of my last harvest wit cfls clik my 1st micro grow 2009 link in sig. them bigger buds, dry the ones wit the lightr in pic for comparison all only weighed in at 1-1.5 grams. they look decent but definately fluffy bad.
but i could be mistaken this for somethin else that gone wrong too makin them that way...who knows. they servin their purpose either way.
they look really nice n healthy. wat eva ya doin is workin keep it up man.
but trust me get a few more cfls in there at least.. Jus my honest opinion. ya plants will love you for it and yo will love them back in the end..

zipflip said:
i used 16 26watt cfls 2700k for flower an my buds were still prettty airy. and my space is only 2.5x3ft.
u said ya usin 8, right?

I used four 32 watt and four 26 watts CFL's 6500k for VEG. I am using 16 42watts CFL's 2700k for flowering two ladies.

I wished I had used more CFL's to surround the plants while they were in VEG. Instead of staying short and bushy, I think they look tall and spindly because they're reaching for the light. Lesson learned, lol.

zipflip said:
im sure ya sittin like me, cant afford the 150-200$ at one crack for hps...

Actually, I think I have already spent close to that, if not more, on my entire lighting system. The 42watts CFL cost me a total of $145 and my VEG lights cost me around $80.

Without getting into specifics, I use CFL's because of my particular growing "situation." I think CFL's are a decent alternative to HID's. However, if it were not for this "situation" I would most defintely use HID's.

Thanks zipflip for the support and advice, I appreciate it!
I grew Diesel Ryders in Frebruary09 using CFL's. I didn't get "airy" buds persay, but they would have been more dense had I used HID's. I definately agree with you that I should add more light. What I need to do is surround the plant on all sides from top to bottom. Hopefully, I can think of a way to do that with my limited space.

For those of you keeping score at home, I officially switched my light cycle to 12/12 today. I planted the sprouts on May 7th which gave them 30 days of VEG.

When I did my watering yesterday, I saw some tiny tiny per-flowers but wasn't sure of their sex. I have been wanting to get the "Eyeclops" ever since Meghan made that excellent post about the product. So, I went out and bought one today and took some pictures of the pre-flowers I saw. I am now 100% positive that I have 3 females.

I only have room for 2 plants. When I took pictures of the pre-flowers on NL #4 I could not determine ANYTHING, as you can see in pic's #8 & 9. So I cut it down to make room for the 3 confirmed females. Unfortunately, I hate to do this but, I will cut down one more female on Monday. :fid:

And here are the pictures of those tiny tiny pre-flowers. I had to blow them up 200x under the scope to clearly see them, that's how tiny they are.

Pic's #1-3, NL1, Day30

Pic's #4 & 5, NL2, Day30

Pic's #6 & 7, NL3, Day30

Pic's #8 & 9, NL4(Chopped), Day23

The hairs on NL3, pic's #6 & 7, are very tiny. I don't know if you can see them.

Thanks for stopping by! :smoke1:

PIC003.jpg

PIC005.jpg

PIC006.jpg

PIC007.jpg

PIC009.jpg

PIC011.jpg

PIC012.jpg

PIC014.jpg

PIC015.jpg

cuy103
keep updates posted and the flower pics are just red x's on my end

Thanks everyone! Keep the suggestions and comments coming!

Well, today is day 9 of 12/12 cycle.

I've noticed some problems and I'm almost positive it's a pH problem which is causing some nutrient lock-out, I think. My plant looks like it has some deficiencies, but I'll be positive later this week when I test and re-test.

I'll post pics up tomorrow so you can see what I'm talking about.

Picture update tomorrow!!! :D

heyy man, very nice plants and congrates on the ladies. have you ever tried low stress training your plants? its a good way to get more bud off less plants. it works really well when growing wit CFL's. all your buds will be of equal size and potency due to the light hittin the plant evenly, just a thought tho,nice plants.

Happy Growing

Latest posts

Back