?? ? ? ? ? ? ????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
so i have a few questions.... all of different subjects.

1. when hanging and drying buds.... what if after only a few days they begin to become overdry (a bit crispy) and have no way of changing the temp they are in which is about 70-75F. should you just clip them and jar them?????

2. while growing indoors, is there a way to grow short bushy plants rather than tall plants due to dementions of growing environment?????

3. with indoor growing, from seed, after 4 weeks of 24/7 light, it is possible to force the plants into flowering by changing the light to 12/12 i understand, but once sex is determined are you able to change the lighting again and what would be the ideal lighting hours/day???

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!

1. take them down and put them into a sealed mason jar, the ystill have some moisture in them! Be sure to open lid for 30min per day for first week or so.

2. YES! look up LST, Topping, and a product called bush master!

3. Your seedlings wont show you sex until they have alternating nodes.

24/7 or 18/6 are for veg and yes 12/12 for flower.

Ken Spliffy Jr. said:
so i have a few questions.... all of different subjects.

1. when hanging and drying buds.... what if after only a few days they begin to become overdry (a bit crispy) and have no way of changing the temp they are in which is about 70-75F. should you just clip them and jar them?????
at this point you need to put them in jars, there is still moisture inside the plant that wll eventually be released back into the buds as long as the curing is done correctly..

2. while growing indoors, is there a way to grow short bushy plants rather than tall plants due to dementions of growing environment?????
Yes, you can choose a short strain to grow, use a liquid i believe is bushmaster that will help your plant stay short and bushy and you can always finish with LST Low Stress Training to keep any wondering branches down

3. with indoor growing, from seed, after 4 weeks of 24/7 light, it is possible to force the plants into flowering by changing the light to 12/12 i understand, but once sex is determined are you able to change the lighting again and what would be the ideal lighting hours/day???
IMHO that takes too long and it opens an apportunity to shock the plant and get a hermie, i would take some clones from tem and sex those, if your climate allows it, you can put the clones outside after rooted and they should start flowering...

i see youre a new poster and welcome aboard, this is the only place you will need to visit for you full grow, on that note all the questions you have were answered from the grow guides offered by this website and mods, these guys spent a lot of time putting this together for all the new guys with questions.. heres the link and catch up on some of those and i guarantee you will be amazed with the information you find.. Good Luck

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9396

ok so as for putting the buds in mason jars.... does it matter how much you fill the jar? ? can i cram the jars or should there be a good amount of room left? or does it even matter???

and im still a bit confused about the 3rd question.
the plants are all 4 weeks into growth at 24/7. and your saying the lighting shouldnt be switched to 12/12 in order to find sex and get rid of the males? if that is the case, when is a good time to start changing the light cycle. i was hoping to get rid of the males as soon as possible so i can replace them with clones or new seedlings.

i also have another question to add to my list.

4. if the seeds have grown out of 8-10oz. cups, what size or after how long would be ideal to transplant, and whats the smallest pot i can put them in with enough rooting space to grow a decent size. the issue is space, i dont have enough room to put them in all into 3-5 gallon pots.

thanks again for all the help!!! :D :D

hey guy welcome to the site

as it goes for the jar cure id say check out that link about it above
how to cure your meds - Growing Marijuana Forum

as for the sexing you cant do this till your plants start having alternating nodes if they are doing that then you can sex them but id go for the cutting instead of the whole plant to find the sex more on that in the grow forum too

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9396

and as for the 3rd part of your post id say if they have been in the cups for about a month then its time to get them out and on their own as for plantter size for a full mature plant you should go with a 3 to 5 gal container (12-20qt) but if you want to try in a smaller potter then thats your choice the plant will grow slower and could possibly have more problems if it is root bound (any plant thats roots are in a space too small for themis root bound)
but if you want small plants you could try small potters it will still grow well enough in a 2gal (8qt) container too and then there is always topping and LST for keeping them in the assigned space

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=147230&posted=1#post147230

so in order to find out what sex plants are early, you should clone the plants and give them 12/12 lighting? how long will it take for the clones to start showing sex??

Latest posts

Back