1st Indoor (Jacks Cleaner)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey chef its the chef! Looking real good, loaded a bowl fer this one! Was wondering what goodies you got from the tude?

the chef said:
hey chef its the chef! Looking real good, loaded a bowl fer this one! Was wondering what goodies you got from the tude?

Hey chef. Its nice to have another in the kitchen. I got 10 reg blueryder, 10 reg dieselryder, 5 fem ak47, fem blue widow, fem critical +, fem la confidential, fem sour cream, fem la woman. pretty expensive order and i was definitely a little worried, but they showed up no problems and soon youll be able to see them in action.

Looks like you got things going well. Keep us posted on those babies as they bloom!!

Damn lookin forward to your other gj, got a blue widow i'm finishing up, interested in seeing your ryders. Green mojo to ya!

so you're responsible for the attitude being out of reg diesel ryder..... im gonna keep that in mind.....

the chef said:
Damn lookin forward to your other gj, got a blue widow i'm finishing up, interested in seeing your ryders. Green mojo to ya!

yeah? any tips? advice? I know im movin into the lowryders for the next gj, but I am dying to try the blue widow. I need a warehouse. I really wanna just go crazy with this, but laws n such prevent me from expanding my hobby too much. Hamster lewis?(i think is his name), but check out his gjs. He set the standard for me on the lowryders. he did an excellent job using the same equipment and a similiar setup. The only thing is, the power bill is going to be CRAZY! 1000w on for 18-20 hrs a day? whew.

Cannabiscotti said:
so you're responsible for the attitude being out of reg diesel ryder..... im gonna keep that in mind.....

haha. yeah, sorry. It always seems like theyre out. i had to wait patiently for them to have these strains and just pure luck they had them all at the same time because lowryders are becoming very popular it seems. god i cant wait to smoke some!

I'm doing my first auto, so the few things i have you already know like, they are a little nute sensitive and need plenty of light, i'd go with the 20 on 4 off fer the lights. Thats about all i got fer now. Keep it green!

Ok. Just a little update. Sorry my phone camera sucks, but its all ive got. its been like 2-3 weeks into flower I think (day 19 it turns out). Ill have to look on here actually. ha. Question for anyone watching. Trimming leaves? I have experimented and it seems to me that trimming of some of the huge fan leaves so that the light can reach the buds on the bottom has promoted some bud growth, but I also know thats where they store thier food so the leaves I do trim I grind up and throw back into the soil. Hoping itll be easier for them to turn it back into food. Thoughts?

new growth 001.jpg

new growth 002.jpg

new growth 003.jpg

new growth 004.jpg

new growth 005.jpg

new growth 006.jpg

HI,

Overall your plants look healthy chef... NICE grow and that's a killer strain... A Subcool TGA classic! ...and after they got through the initial funk they shook it off and were well on their way. I think they may have been in some wacky soil when they were given to you... and took a while to grow into the FFOF and as they did they got healthier. The problem I was mentioning with FFOF giving some strains nute burn only happens with seedings. Since your JC plant is a clone it should have had a well developed root structure when you transplanted it and it was genetically as old as the mother plant it originates from no matter how many generations it's been cloned... Clones can take much stronger soil and nutes than seedlings but that's not to say you can't over do it... You've got some nice bud sites going on throughout the canopy. I don't see evidence of major nute burn issues but it's not too easy to see detail with the phone pics... You've still got a ways to go... I think what I suggested... plain H2O next watering and then try 1/3 or 1/2 strength nutes every other or every third watering. If they are happy with that then slowly increase the nute strength and watch for nute burn...

Trimming leaves? In a word? NO! :p imho the best thing you can do now is start bending your tall mainstem and tying it down to ie a hole in the rim of your pot (drill! ;)) Start by bending it over a little and tying it down and then every couple days untie it, bend it a little more and tie it down again... This will help a lot to even out your canopy and bring that skyscraper down closer to the brownstones in the bud 'hood, yo... And you'll be able to bring the light down (or raise the plant) to get more buds closer to the light for MAXIMUM DANK factor... If you let her go as it you'll get maximum dankness on the top foot of the main cola and less developed buds throughout the canopy. If you can get your light closer to bigger percentage of the bud sites you'll harvest a lot more dank bud...

and I dunno about grinding up the leaves and tossing them back into the soil... veg matter needs to be composted to properly break down and be of use to your plant nutritionally... toss the fallen leaves into the trash bin... and NO MORE TRIMMING! :rolleyes:

Green Mojo to ya Chef!~

Peace!:cool:

dude i follow your post so please don't stop posting, I wake up every morning to check for new pics of my fav journals. I enjoyed watching your clone grow up great job.

Oh man, it sounds like you know better than to trim fan leaves so why would you do it? Its only depriving your buds. You basically sabatoged(spelling) yourself.

See. I should. Ive read so much info on all this since the beginning of and before this grow. I did consider putting a couple CFLs down on the sides. i have plenty of bulbs, just no sockets. tomorrow. I promise not to trim anymore leaves either. I watered her with 1/2 strength nutes. I only have to water it like a gallon every 4-5 days so I think Im just gonna start gradually decreasing the nutes until cuttin time. I really think it can do better without them. seems to have caused me a lot of trouble so far. next time. I'm glad I had this round to learn this stuff though because next time its gonna count a lot more. Thanks guys. Dirty, I tried to add to your rep, but its says i gotta "spread it around". Thank you from me though.

Now is the time when you should start cranking up the nutes!

She looks great, you should be proud.

"Thinning the large fan leaves in the later part of the flower cycle will promote more light getting to the lower buds, thus increasing your yield. With an incredible smell and unique flavour, the LA Confidential is one of our most prized plants and delivers one of the highest highs."

- This is where I got the idea it might help the lower buds. This came from a grow review for the seeds I ordered not to long ago. It's not the only time I've ever heard this. Not to say I feel it's any better for the plant.

I hate to say it, but how can I tell for sure if this plant is herming? I found little balls growing where the pistols already grew and Im very worried that light exposure during night time may have caused it. PLEASE help me. If it happened it was just recently so there may still be time to save the weight thats on there. I plucked one off and opened it up and there was what appeared to be a premature(still green n mushy) seed. There are no males anywhere around it.?????????????

004.jpg

005.jpg

chefboyrd420 said:
I hate to say it, but how can I tell for sure if this plant is herming? I found little balls growing where the pistols already grew and Im very worried that light exposure during night time may have caused it. PLEASE help me. If it happened it was just recently so there may still be time to save the weight thats on there. I plucked one off and opened it up and there was what appeared to be a premature(still green n mushy) seed. There are no males anywhere around it.?????????????

Hi ChefB...

I can't tell a thing from the pic's lol... but it's probably just a swollen calyx and not a seed... Is your plant will flowering good and strong? LOTS of white pistils all over her? If so I don't think it was pollenated... Borrow your buddy's dig camera if you get a chance...

Peace!:cool:

Latest posts

Back