2 Sprouts from 1 Seed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audix2359

Reaction score
I recently germed some seeds and planted them. One of the Speed Queen's I'm growing has come up with 2 stems - from 1 seed.

I've looked around for some info but is there anything special about this type of plant, other then it looking like I planted 2 seeds right next to each other?

Also, if I were to say breed it with another plant that did the same thing, would this trait be passed down to the offspring (seeds)? Would it be 100%?

What you have there is what we like to call a freak of nature or a mutant. ;) Your best bet is try and seperate them asap. Once they get big your not gonna be able to do so and you could run into some major problems. Like one of them being male and the other female. It can happen. ;)

i would just see what happens....

if the allele is dominant it may show up in later generations more often and vica versa....

i doubt one will be female and one male...if its from the same seed, same genetics, and grown under the same conditions...i would say it would be same sex.

Ekoostik_Hookah said:
i doubt one will be female and one male...if its from the same seed, same genetics, and grown under the same conditions...i would say it would be same sex.
:confused2:

Thanks for the replies. I really hope it's a male (both parts) so I can separate and collect and save the pollen. Then, if I run across this kind of thing again and get a female, I can play Dr. Moreau.

lol lol lol ha ha ha

thats awesome man, totally run with the genetic experiments...

do some research about botany... see how those genes run the offspring ratio.

King say,
Big easy, PapaKahuuna + MamaKahuuna have twins maybe one boy, and one girl, maybe two Girls, or maybe two Boy. Easy stuff...

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Latest posts

Back