24 hrs. down to 18-6?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tahiti Allen

Reaction score
Howdy, my friends!!: I have a female skunk that is 5 days old:woohoo: and she is under 2 T-5s, 24 hrs. for now!:hubba:I'm going to put her outside ;), I don't want her to flower early:eek:so I need to know when to start cutting the light back? :holysheep:and how long do I leave her on 18-6 and so forth, until she is down to 14-10, then I'll put her outside!:hubba: :woohoo: I posted a photo of her while she a baby;) and I'll post more as she grows up!!:aok: Let me know what you'al think about how I should proseed :D

Stinky (6).jpg

You don't have to cut down on the light at all. Just keep it at 24/0 until you're ready to put it outside. The days are getting longer, and for that reason the plant will not go into flowering until after the summer solstice.

it can flower in the spring you would be best to wait until you have enough daylight.

it really depends where you live, im at 12/12 outside rite now.

By the time that plant is ready to go outside it won't matter....I wld continue your veg on 24-0.... Then when big enough transplant outdoors. Jmo

hxxp://www.sunrisesunset.com
I don't know that I would reduce the hours as far as "14/10" before putting it out. "IMO" 16/8 or 18/6 would be 'plenty' of dark time to keep it from flowering too early. And "I" would probably dial them back in couple of weeks.
That link should give you a pretty good idea of the natural outdoor hours, in your area, at the time you anticipate putting it out.
get those t5s as close as you can, and a fan moving them a bit, tp build up that stem 'n keep em short.

edit:
hammy, I guess it depends on how soon it's going out. "I" still have about 8 weeks before I can trust the weather :p

To a certain extent I feel as though I were wrong on that one. I guess it might initially go into flowering if put outside too soon.

Alistair said:
To a certain extent I feel as though I were wrong on that one. I guess it might initially go into flowering if put outside too soon.

yes Ali', they "can". .IF ... they become accustomed to the "long" day, and are nearing sexually maturity, then forced out into 16 or less hours of day..."IME".. Some will start to flower, then as the hours are still 'increasing', they can start to re-veg.
Some strains/plants/phenos ae more photo sensitive than others.
Seedling reared naturally, outdoors, don't, both because they are not yet sexually mature and they are experiencing a constant daily increase.

Latest posts

Back