25 Watt LED Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brushybill said:
hey rogue
interesting thread, i have 1 northernberry that i have been vegging under t5 that i plan to flower with an led and a 17w ott light just to see what happens, i am looking forward to see what you get off of those plants of yours, good luck

I'm not sure what a ott light is but as for the LED try a warm white flood or spot instead of the red and blue combo lights that are for sale everywhere. The warm whites give you a better spectrum. Goodluck!

The ladies are now 12 weeks old ending their sixth week in flowering. My runt shown in the first 3 pictures. Is starting to change colors on her pistils all over her it may not be to long before it is time to harvest her. The other two just have a couple of orange pistils so the will be fattening up for awhile yet. I can't believe how much the buds have grown in the last week.:hubba:

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

Untitled-1.jpg

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

IMG_0014.JPG

very interesting rogue. if you told me you could do that with 25 watts for like 3 bucks i never wouldve believed it. thanks for sharin

The ladies are now 13 weeks old ending their 7th week in flowering. The lower leaves are starting to droop and yellow. I am seeing yellow spots on the leaves of my runt now all over many of the fan leaves will put a picture up tomorrow. Any one have an idea why?

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

from what i understand some yellowing of lower fan leaves can be expected.hope it helps.your grow is awesome man and a whole bunch of levels...keep us posted.let us know when you really dial in this led thing im way into thanks a bunch for this thread

the fan leaves will start to die off right before harvest time, i wouldnt worry. one or two weeks to go, nice job, i just started flowering 1 northernberry with 1 red led
1- 40w cfl
1- 14w cfl full spectrum--- hope i get results like yours, i never thought you could even get buds with such a small amount of light
good luck

Real interesting, thanks for sharing this. And i am with who ever it was that said hold the nutes the last two weeks, and flush those plants when you water. I think you want to put three times the amount of water thru those pots as the pots hold to do a "flush". (a bunch of water anyway to get those nutes out of that soil)

Nice grow! have you considered not using any red leds for the veg stage. From what I understand the red leds give you the long stems. Are you not allowing the water to drain at all?

desertsead said:
Nice grow! have you considered not using any red leds for the veg stage. From what I understand the red leds give you the long stems. Are you not allowing the water to drain at all?

I drilled holes through the points of the bottle bottoms and have them sitting on clear overflow trays so they drain like normal pots. I learned most of what I know about growing from Mel Frank's book 'Marijuana Grower's Insider's Guide'. He preached using deep pots so that is why I used the bottles.

I have thought about removing the red light but the plants really need it too. Sunlight is flooded with red light. The problem with my current setup is too little blue to counter the red. The prototype lights were made with flowering more in mind than vegging. I am going to build my own for my next grow. I have a bunch of the really strong 10mm 350mw ones on order. I am going to try and mimic the par light curve with my next setup. I am also going to supercrop it, now that i know what that is and how to do it. I learned about supercropping about a week in to flowering to late to use it.

:holysheep: What??? An LED grow and no one told me?? Guess I need to log in more often. LOL!

Rogue, I think you are on the right path with going with the Jumbo Warm White LEDs. I bought a bunch of them myself because I was going to be building my own lights. I've had them for a while now, but haven't had the time to put the thing together.

If you haven't already, you might want to check out mine LED grow from last winter. There is some good technical information towards the end.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18126

:D

The ladies are now 14 weeks old ending their 8th week in flowering. I have decided to harvest the runt tomorrow right after lights on. Pictures of her top bud are the first two shots. The third shot is a bud down just below. The fourth and fifth shots are of the upper halves of the other two. They are acting a little tipsy. Going to have to either add a support or a string or two across to help hold them up.

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

I'd get those lights right on top of em almost. 1-2" if ya can.
Stop feeding ferts last 2 weeks of flower ;)

The ladies are now 15 weeks old ending their 9th week in flowering. I am toking on the runt that was harvested last week, while I write this. She came out to about a gram after drying. Decided not worry about curing her and just smoking her. Nice cerebral energy high. It is definitely stronger than the bag of swag the seed came from. I used some bamboo skewers to give the other two some support. I moved the lights around after harvesting the runt last week. I have the 7watt warm white and one of the prototypes on the lady in the first three shots and four of the prototypes on the lady in the last three shots. It looks like the warm white is doing a better job. The one with the 4 actually has more total wattage on her but it is mostly red light.

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

can ya show us the led lights ya using? or where ya get it? show us the url?

The prototypes are par 38 style Bulbs with a mixture of red, violet and warm white 5 mm LEDs. My avatar is a picture of one of them pointed at my camera. As far as I know they are not for sale any where. The warm white spot I am using I bought at superbrightleds.com. I would recommend a flood instead the beam is to tight really even for one plant. Live and learn.

Sorry about the gap between updates life and summer got in the way.:rolleyes:

The ladies are now 17 weeks old and in their 11th week in flower. I think they are about ready the calyxes are getting nice and puffy. The first three shots are to give you a better idea on my lighting as requested. The next several are of the lady living under the prototypes. The last ones are of the one getting both warm white and the prototype.

I received my LEDs from China.:D I am getting ready to build some new lights in a storage cabinet so I can have my closet back :hubba: LOL! I will have have both a veg and a flower area in it. More on it later as it develops.

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

Untitled-1.jpg

IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

really really not bad lookin, lets see more