25 Watt LED Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the delay in updating.

I finished the light Saturday. I've been updating my closet since. I put in a diffuser vent to exhaust the air from the can filter and any heat with it. I have it venting to the room. Tomorrow I will be putting mylar on the walls and making a couple of reflectors out of a big chunk of card board and some mylar, to block one side and in front of the door. Then I just have to hang the light. I bought some of those self adjusting spring loaded light lifter pulley things to hang it and make it easy to move up and down. Then it will be time for a new journal.

Here is a couple of shots:
The first shows the light all wired and ready to go.

The second is with the light powered on.:holysheep: I didn't turn off the room lights, it is just so bright that the camera adjusted to make everything else look like night.:eek: That is also the back of the light. I am a little afraid to take a shot straight into to it.

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

that looks ace, well done on having the patience to do that, i'm not sure I would :(

You have done R&D for threst of us. Much thanks. We can still grow and lower our carbon footprints, Who Knew!

Cool light Rogue, I hope you get a better harvest from this project.

I've just finished the rebuild on my closet. New Mylar on the walls and on the side and front reflectors. I installed the carbon filter and can fan with an exhaust hole out of the closet it is the small white disc in the corner of last image and with a 3 speed fan control switch. I also added a 4" a/c cooling fan to the grow area for air circulation. The light is on raisers to make it easy to adjust. Just did a 2 hour burn in. Temps hit 90 degrees F in the grow area with the light at the lowest height it would ever be and the exhaust fan on low. Trying it with the fan on medium now. If it makes a big enough difference to justify the noise I may run it that way. I have seeds germinating now so I will be starting a new journal when they sprout. I will post a link here when I do.

Thanks for watching.

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

so are you useing passive intake? if so make sure its a big hole, or better yet get a smaller fan for intake should help cool it a couple degrees. everything looks good i cant wait see how they grow, peace.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I'm confused...

Although it is great to be able to grow with smaller wattage bulbs that produce less heat, IMO, it still basically gets down to grams per watt. So 7 grams from 25W is .28 grams per watt. Maybe there is something I didn't get, but .28 grams per watt is really not a good yield. So, I can't look at this as "green" growing since ultimately it actually takes more wattage to produce less bud...or did I miss something?

Some people like the brick some people like the quality ;)

toke@smoke420 said:
so are you useing passive intake? if so make sure its a big hole, or better yet get a smaller fan for intake should help cool it a couple degrees. everything looks good i cant wait see how they grow, peace.

Yes I am using passive intake. The closet doors are the sliding variety so there are plenty of gaps for air to flow in. The 90 degree temp was with the light 8 inches from the floor. This is where it will be to start my next batch. The 90 degrees was about a 10 degree increase from room ambient so not a huge jump and it was with the fan control on low. This made the can fan run so slow that it was silent, just a a trickle of air out of the closet maybe 50-70 cfm so it is exchanging the air in the closet maybe once per minute or two. The hottest parts of the light at maybe 120-130 degrees (mini heat sinks, the leads and resistors) are on the backside of the board and are cool enough to hold onto for several seconds, but there are alot of them (384 heat sinks, 768 leads and 96 resistors). The light produces a fair quantity of heat but not real high temperatures because of this. Also the grow area is 2x3 feet and up to 7 foot high if needed. Right now I think my 4" fan is recirculating the heated air back through the grow area since it has a higher flow rate (150 cfm) than the exhaust when it is on low.

Latest posts

Back