250 hps or less

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hashplant420

Reaction score
just curious to see if any one else is using a 250 hps for flowering .
just want to see some diferent setups :cool:

i started with 2 150 hps but found out that wasnt enough for my 4x4x5. the first harvest was good bud but very light and fluffy, now with 520 hps my next harvest looks soooo much better:hubba: . so like the guy above me said, lummens (whatever) are the key, the more the better

im using a 250 hps ,2 42 watt cfl,and a 500 led's in a 4x4x4 area. all 4 walls got mylar i was thinking of getting a 400 watt or 600 with a air cooled hood for my next harvest.

hashplant420 said:
im using a 250 hps ,2 42 watt cfl,and a 500 led's in a 4x4x4 area. all 4 walls got mylar i was thinking of getting a 400 watt or 600 with a air cooled hood for my next harvest.

Yeah you definitely want the air cooled when going with a 400w or higher. My 400w puts off some serious heat when its in a small area.

bad anuff my temps stay at 80 but im using a parabolic reflector

80's not too bad as long as the temp at the roots is a little lower. My temps are usually in the low 80s during the day and then much colder at night. I get a lot of purple phenos in my grows!!!

night time is in the high 60's low 70's yeah the dirt is always colder then the ambitent air.

Astro & smokey, or anyone else with the 20$ 150 watters,
How do you guys have your lights setup? Remote ballasts? What kinda reflectors? I have a couple 150w econolights sitting around from a previous grow and was thinking about using them again so am curious to see how others have them setup

I got a 175 MH and a 70 hps. I run them in a cycle : MH,MH and Hps,Hps.

My 250 watt HPS has treated me better than any other light I'be had. Its a hydrofarms all in one reflector - ballast deal. It started me growing, and even now I suppliment my current lighting setup with it and I put my special head stash plants right under it. I lovehowmy head stash plants produce under that light and I'll use it untill its falls apart. My plants get special treatment under that light, they take in alot of lumens without getting bleached out or heat stressed, I'll keep my 250 watter around for a while...

mine are like the kind you buy for parking lots in cases, home depot has them. the 70 watt was 80 bucks, the 150s i got off a friend for 50 bucks each

astrobud said:
mine are like the kind you buy for parking lots in cases, home depot has them. the 70 watt was 80 bucks, the 150s i got off a friend for 50 bucks each

I have two of those. I found that they didn't quite cut the mustard so I upgraded to the 250. they now sit in a closet.

willowgrow said:
Astro & smokey, or anyone else with the 20$ 150 watters,
How do you guys have your lights setup? Remote ballasts? What kinda reflectors? I have a couple 150w econolights sitting around from a previous grow and was thinking about using them again so am curious to see how others have them setup

Here's my dual $20 150 watt econolight HPS in a THG DIY cool tube. I've been running them a little over a month, so far so good. 300 watts is plenty for my size grow space. I'm going to order another one to get a backup bulb and ballast. I separated the ballasts from the lights.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30891&page=2

Hey Blancolighter you mentioned plants getting bleached out and I was wondering what exactly you meant. Can you have too many lumens in a grow box?

Thanks

i think not sure its when your leaves are no longer green and i think it comes from the spectrum wavelength like i said im not to sure

i run a 600 cooltube currently in a 4x4x5 area & keep ambient @ 78*. if you can afford go w/ a 600 it is your best value for wattage to lumens compared to a 400 or 1000.

Latest posts

Back