2nd Desert Indoor-Outdoor Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about the males Mmama, Ladies look good though!

MMMMM Creeper weed......

Autos and Fems, sounds like a good plan. Revedging sounds like a great idea too, that way you know exactly what your gonna be smoking.

Glad to hear you are partaking of your harvest!

I can hear the skipping in your voice when you gush over the autos MM. So very happy that you are pleased because I know you were on the fence about it.
I must remind you though, the fems I got last time - one of those was a male.... it happens. It showed so fast though that I'm sure it wasn't a hermi?

I've got five lil sprouts so I've pulled out the "baby's on board" sign for the mini van .... NOT
But will be back at it.... popping more this weekend. I want that tent crowded this time.
xox
OHC

hi sweet thing.......am loving your pics.....don't know what to say about 'auto's' because I've never grown any.....I spent some money at Attitude this weekend past and got two different kinds of Sub Cool's seeds, Jack the Ripper and The Third Dimension.....and bought a pack of Master Kush.....went stealth because they now guarantee replacement....seems like it cost more to ship than buying the actual seeds

Our weather has been totally nasty lately

Am thinking about tc's surgery today....hope all goes well with her heart

That's it, stick a fork in me, I'm done.

Of the last two Aurora Indica plants I have growing, ONE showed balls today.
I frigging give up.

I'm going fem seeds from now on. I'd rather deal with hermies than all these freaking male plants. And I did everything possible--followed all the protocols in the stickies and in Cervantes' book for getting more female plants. Shoot, I guess I should feel flattered the boys like me so much?<G>

Okay, I'm accepting the fact that I'll never be a real grower, that I'm taking the easy way out, using fem seeds. But shoot, that's a LOT of work for me for a couple of months just to find out I have so darned many male plants.
I mean, one out of TEN seeds? If, in fact, this last one doesn't grow balls...

Oh, and the frosting on the cake????? MY MONSTER also showed balls this morning.

I have ONE frigging plant in the flower room now. ONE! Other than my 3 autos, that's my entire winter grow. If I don't do more autos, I'll never make it through with enough meds. Well, if this one AI is definitely a female, then I will take some cuttings, even tho she's 2.5 weeks in 12/12 now.

Darn, I just want to cry....all that work for months, and nothing to show for it but 3 autos and one maybe female.

Ah well. It's allll gonna work out, right? Gotta keep the positive attitude. Chef, send me some Lemon Cascade Mojo!!!!! (and that was a beautiful poem you wrote for TC. She is gonna CRY.)

mojavemomma, dont beat ya self up. The best Growers to date started worse then you. but ya know what made them great? like you they didnt give up. So I dont want to hear ya say those words again..okay? we speak things into place. and IMO FEMS are not where its at. I enjoy watching ya excitement with the autos as I feel with your weather thay may be best for you. Let me ask you. What is the best strain ya grown to date? what was it ya liked most? And I have to agrre with you that I too would rathe get hermie then male as ya can still smoke hermie. Mojo for you and the desert . KEEP M GREEN:D

mojavemama said:
Well, if this one AI is definitely a female, then I will take some cuttings, even tho she's 2.5 weeks in 12/12 now.

take them now. why wait? if they have some available. If HE shows then trash them all. If she shows, then your that many days closer:hubba: . just my thoughts

:48:

MM - take a breath and take a step back and remind yourself that you're just doing this to become self sufficient. Who cares if its with autos or fems? I'm not looking for respect or validation here - I wana smoke. Anyone who can't hear you or respect that is lacking the empathy gene.

If the autos work for you and give you the relief you need - more power to you. Once you get ahead of the consumption - maybe then the fun can return and you'll have that urge to test the waters with the reg plants again. I'm sure it's a lot of constant anxiety when you are counting on your harvest and there's not another option. Other peoples opinions need to be secondary now...... take care of your business first - please continue to share.... I promise you there is someone who will read this GJ who you will help by sharing your journey.

If this one female does you right even without clones, you can always reveg her - that's what I'm doing now with that WW that gave me fits.

Best regards always,
xox
OHC

Burnin', Thanks for the reality check! I know I'm just frustrated now, and you're right: I'm not going to give up. And yes, I'll take the clones now and see what happens--you're right. I can always trash them if the plant ends up a male.

Hmmmm...what's the best strain so far? Can't be sure, because the harvest isn't cured yet. I waffle depending on what I'm testing. I loooooved the Hawaiian, very strong, but then, the WWf2 is equally potent.

The Purple Frosting is less of a body high and more cerebral, and doesn't have a narcotic effect to it. But it's great for daytime pain, and not falling asleep. And it's fun as heck to create with it--I think it's the most "fun" strain so far. But it's also hermied on me. Still, worth trying again. It's a really FUN smoke.

The White Frosting is also really good, and more of a body slam, but still some cerebral stuff too.

The auto White Dwarf seems really, really good, but then, I've only had a tiny taste so far, and it was quick dried.

Hard for me to guess what I like best---I'm still such a newbie at all this. Guess I'll just have to put in the time, keep learning, taste and experience everything I can. I just don't have that connoisseur's palate yet. Hopefully in time, I too, can become a pot snob! <G>

But for now, I'll just be happy with a better ratio of females to males. I do have to say the "plant direct into the cart" experiment was better than I ever thought it could be. I can let them get bigger and fatter than I can in pots, because there is more room. And it's a snap to wheel them in and out, plus less damage because they are not in individual pots.

OHC, thanks so much, hon, for the pep talk! I do appreciate it. You are so right. The anxiety is fear based, and I need to let go of that and just know it's all going to work out just fine, and that I WILL have meds when I need them. I'm going to make this work. Boy, did I need your pep talk--I feel so much better already!

THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH! You were JUST the medicine I needed today!!!

Howdy MM, we all go through the all male frustration now and then. I did just last summer. I wanted to help an indoor grower expand his strain list by giving him 6 clones I took, rooted and potted up. He babied and grew them up, topped, cloned and flipped them and found out that every stinkin' one was a BOY! I grabbed at random, by number. I got 5 of 6 females, he got none. I felt bad and gave him a nice white widow, satori and a mango girl. Hey, **** happens. Learn from it and laugh it off. Keep cloning and covering your back when trying a seed grow. Have a few known female clones to mix in. That way, when boys happen, just move a clone to better real estate. We all know you have a green thumb. This was just bad luck.
edit: I forgot my GREEN MOJO

Great advice, Benny. Thank you so much! Jeez, I have so much to learn. I just needed an attitude adjustment. It's about the journey, after all. I don't want to get so paranoid about running out of meds that I don't enjoy the journey.

Hi MM.:) ...

if it's any consolation mm, even a seasoned grower can get skunked with reg gear. take me for instance.:D , i just ran some gear from a friend, and all 10 of mine were male.:eek: i also had 20 more of the same beans, at two other grow ops i oversee, and 19 of those were also male.:eek: ...

in most instances, this is a very bad thing for me, since i grow for others that depend on me. BUT, being i run alot of newer gear from seed, i knew to have back-up clones, and seedlings ready to fill in the blanks if it all went south.:) ...

thats the trick when growing regular seed mm. grow 2-3 times as many as you will need!!! hey, if theres all fems, no problem. too many to handle now? gift 'em, or chop 'em. this ensures you a full grow of fems from reg seed. i do it often.:D ...

never give up mm. everything will fall in place. besides, were all pulling for ya...Don...xxxooo

Latest posts

Back