3 Cotyledons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

The Hemp Goddess

This is the first plant that I have had with 3 cotyledon leaves. It is a Safari Mix seedling from Mandala.

mp 1-17-09 005 (2).jpg

mp 1-17-09 009 (2).jpg

So 3 cotyledons usually means it gonna turn male?? I dnt have any but its interesting

So 3 cotyledons usually means it gonna turn male?? I dnt have any but its interesting

all mine have so far.and I call them " Micheal Jackson " Just another Freak show..But in the end its just a Funky looking MALE!!

That fricking hella sweet. That is going to be one odd looking plant when it get older :) Heck if it turns out to be a girl, you should top it. You would have tons of bud spots :hubba:

Hahah yeah I got some seeds from jamaica and a few turned like this, there were an even amount of male and female ones.

iClown said:
Hahah yeah I got some seeds from jamaica and a few turned like this, there were an even amount of male and female ones.

"50/50" ??? .. I don't believe it..:p.. and I'm not calling you a liar, I just don't believe it..:confused2:
I've seen a few over the years, some my own, many from others grows. And I can only recall EVER seeing but 1 or 2 females. And that was via the internet years ago. (IMO "via the internet" casts a cloud of doubt on it's integrity) ;)
Trifoliates are known to be primarily males.

Hick said:
"50/50" ??? .. I don't believe it..:p.. and I'm not calling you a liar, I just don't believe it..:confused2:
I've seen a few over the years, some my own, many from others grows. And I can only recall EVER seeing but 1 or 2 females. And that was via the internet years ago. (IMO "via the internet" casts a cloud of doubt on it's integrity) ;)
Trifoliates are known to be primarily males.

Yeah maybe it was genetics of the plants Im not sure. but it's good to know that is was so weird, because noone but me thought so when I showed em around lol.

this leads me to a question then. I have a few plants whoe's young bottom leafs are somewhat...lets say....deformed. Some of the leaf sets look like half leaves like something bit half of it off... but nothing did. on oppossing sides, one leaf is about 1 inch long, the oppossite at the same node height is about 6 inches, substantially different in size. All new growth is fine, normal, and very healthy.
My question is, are plants with younger deformed leaves more likely to be male or female? Since its seems to be evident that cotyledons are likely to be male?
i hope that makes since........

No blue'..."I" don't believe so... a deformed leaf or two isn't an indication of sexual pref', nor is a trifoliate actualy. It has just been past experiences, and history of other tri's, that 'they' are usually males.

Latest posts

Back