3 leaves and its not clover?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnstreet

Reaction score
I took a cutting off a 7 or 8 " high mother plant and it had two sets of 5 leafed" nodes?"?

Anyway i must have oversoaked the rockwool because it's been 5 or 6 days and looking bad.

So I just checked the same plant to get another cutting and all the leafsets are 3 leafed mainly with maby 1 or 2 that have immature sets of 5 . Its under a 42 watt cfl daylight bulb and 2 foot flourescent with two 18 watt bulbs. With humidity around 40 percent at 24 degrees constant.

Can I get a healthy cutting from 3 leafed, cutting?

I want to start with a strong cutting because I havent cloned before and have quite a learning curve.

This time I may just site the rockwool cube in a quarter inch of water as I have heard a few people say this works.

I need the instructions to be kept simple.

endnote:i did top this plant once about a month ago.
I FIGURE TO FLOWER IT AT 12" AS ITS NOT THE BEST OR i HAVE HEARD TO START THEM AT 8"

Hi John, welcome to the site!
There are some great threads on here about cloning in rockwool with pictures explaining the process. NorCalHal has a great explanation that is in a certain section of the site, here is a link
http://marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33009

I also have a thread explaining how I clone in rockwool and soil on page #4 of my journal (link in my signature) but it is not nearly as detailed or well done as NorCalHal's tutorial.

As far as your endnote you can flower a plant (assuming it is not an autoflowering strain) whenever you want. I have flowered plants indoors that were only about 6 inches tall when I started them and I am right now flowering plants that I let get a couple feet tall before flowering.

Good luck with your clones. Word of advice from someone that has taken many many clones and failed on a lot of them, always take more clones than you need. That way if some don't survive you hopefully get enough to fill your needs. If you get more to survive than you wanted then you can just pick the best and trash the rest. Just my opinion.

-SSF-

Well I would love to start flowering as soon as possible , I need some bud!

I thought vegetative period had more reasons to wait to develop.,to succeed.

I have a 400 wat sunsystem hps bulb for flowering with a 42 watt cool cfl. {the cfl hangs near the lower leaves of the plant where the hps doesnt reach)

Again I have to learn what to set my humidifier to for both vegetative and flowering. The sunbeam warm humidifier I have has a digital humidistat and was bought at sears.

My vegetative lighting is in the other post.

Ya I'll read up on cloning with rockwool.

Might take a gander at this thread...... Easiest cloning I have ever tried...

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2799

I did one and they work GREAT!!!... I even made mine with a twist.... Glued the lid of another container to the top upside down on the lid of the Resevoir.... The second container was clear.... Humidity dome ).

Not Rock Wool... but another option for ya to maybe look at. 8)

how old is the plant you are trying to clone?

A plant reverting to putting out 3 finger leaves is not getting the nutes or proper amount of light for correct growth.

How long well , that I am not sure I think it was before christmas they were seedlings and recently I topped them and repotted.

They were abit iffy after I repotted them but the one is thriving and the other plant that was always a thin and slow grower is greening up and starting to come but not quite as large leafed. But both plants mainly have these 3 finger leaves.

From now on I'll keep a log of planted dates ,, and so onto help learn the problem.

Are you saying that your plant is 2-1/2 months old and is under 12"? Can you get us some pics? This just sounds like it is way smaller than it should be for the age of the plant.

I cant get the pics , but ya they are about 2.5 months old and under 12".
I may have had them in 3 inch pots too long.
Not sure why ..

Why ,I have never met a girl that could grow dope before!lol

But can i get a cutting from this after putting in under the hps to flower ,3leaf cutting will clone?

IMO a 3 fingerleaf plant is a sick plant and not a good choice to take clones from

Could be sick, I'll have to smoke her :).

Im not sure what else to do , I just need to keep growing until I get it right. I have my temperature set at 24 celsius and humidity is about 40 percent. My lighting is in my other posts in this thread and I have a supertea fertilizer 1 and a half teaspoons for one or two? litres of water. I have just started using the fertilizer the last time I watered the plant because I' wasnt sure when to start the liquid fertilizer.

So should I flower my underachieving plants or leave them in vegetative state to get stronger. The one is about 11 inches and the other 8 inches.

I want them as soon as possible but I am new to growing and unsure when to flower. I thought because they were weak I would leave them in vegetative until they are 12 inch , or should I flower them at 8 anyway? Will the leaves still develop under HPS lighting?

Can you link your other post to here so we can see what your growing with exactly.

I have had a plant in veg for about 40 days now and its at least 15 inches tall, That was about 3 days ago i checked it.

Once your plant has alternating nodes or showing sex then you can put it into flower.

How far away is your HPS? Or what are you vegging under at the moment?

My lights and temps are in my posts in this thread.

MY hps I keep about 3 inches from the plants top , always. But I veg with the other lights.

They are female.

Sounds like the plant is root-bound from being in the smaller planters too long...this will stop them from growing much! Also sounds like the light is too close to the top of the plant, you see any browning of the top leaves?? Should try for at least 6" to 12" from plant top.

Roddy said:
Sounds like the plant is root-bound from being in the smaller planters too long...this will stop them from growing much! Also sounds like the light is too close to the top of the plant, you see any browning of the top leaves?? Should try for at least 6" to 12" from plant top.

He is using the Cfl and Floro during veg. Hps for flower, But roddy is right that sounds a little too close for a hps in flower. Closest i get my 600w is 6 inches and its in a cooltube.

ok i put them in to flower under the hps and am now wondering if i should put the 42 veg cfl bulb on them too to further vegetate them because they are thin or the 42 watt cfl soft flowering bulb.

so hps and flowering bulb

or

hps and vegetative bulb

Can't imagine more light hurting...all you can give them would be my opinion! Am stoned, so thinking on the fly here...you are talking side or body lighting, right?

johnstreet said:
ok i put them in to flower under the hps and am now wondering if i should put the 42 veg cfl bulb on them too to further vegetate them because they are thin or the 42 watt cfl soft flowering bulb.

so hps and flowering bulb

or

hps and vegetative bulb

If you are flowering, you are flowering. They will not keep vegging just because you add a blue spectrum light. IMO, the plant is so small because it received inadequate light during veg.

I would not use either of the CFLs. Their benefit would be little if anything. Do you have a space with reflective material around it? Do you have ventilation? If you do not have a space relatively the same size as your plants, you are disbursing your light throughout the entire room and loosing huge amounts of light.

Added light to an underlit room won't benefit much?? I suppose it won't make a world of difference, but if it had even a glimmer of hope to be helpful and wasn't costing me a fortune, I'd go for it...or buy lights that'll help more! Never seen more light being harmful...unless there's heat issues.

Maybe my thought is flawed though....

The Hemp Goddess said:
If you are flowering, you are flowering. They will not keep vegging just because you add a blue spectrum light. IMO, the plant is so small because it received inadequate light during veg.

I would not use either of the CFLs. Their benefit would be little if anything. Do you have a space with reflective material around it? Do you have ventilation? If you do not have a space relatively the same size as your plants, you are disbursing your light throughout the entire room and loosing huge amounts of light.

Ok so i'll skip the veg bulb but keep the flowering and hps on it . Reflective material is my next step if I need it. Ventilation ,yes. The space is only 25 inch x 25 inch.

These are my first plants so I am adjusting and hope for better nextgrow, what is the perfect temperature and humidity for both vegging and flowering.

I like my veg temps to be about 80 and Rh at about the same 80%. In flower my humidity goes down to about 40 and temps i try to keep at about 70-75.

Instead of reflective material think about painting white if its possible. Its easier and just as good.

Latest posts

Back