3 leaves and its not clover?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roddy said:
Added light to an underlit room won't benefit much?? I suppose it won't make a world of difference, but if it had even a glimmer of hope to be helpful and wasn't costing me a fortune, I'd go for it...or buy lights that'll help more! Never seen more light being harmful...unless there's heat issues.

Maybe my thought is flawed though....

Maybe I misunderstood--I thought that he has a 400W HPS for a space 25 x 25 and only a couple of plants--bucko lumens. IMO, adding a couple of CFLs would only take up space the plants are going to need to grow.

johnstreet said:
Ok so i'll skip the veg bulb but keep the flowering and hps on it . Reflective material is my next step if I need it. Ventilation ,yes. The space is only 25 inch x 25 inch.

These are my first plants so I am adjusting and hope for better nextgrow, what is the perfect temperature and humidity for both vegging and flowering.

In a space that size, you may not be needing more light? It could be adding unneeded heat to the area and I think you'll probably have plenty of light from the 400w. Are the plants already in the bud room (did you veg them in same room)?

Reflective material will help if the light is too little...but I think you're safe!! Adjusting on the fly...been there, still adjusting LMAO!! It's all a learning experience!! :)

eta...lol, what the hempstress said!!! ;)

Ive got a tall plastic cabinet and divided it into two with the veg part on the top using CFL DAYLIGHT .

On the bottom there are two Sunsystem 150 hps lights that use about 400-500 watts and the 42 watt cfl flowering bulb.

Added an interior car warmer connected to a high voltage thermostat for a constant temperature.

The hps lights seem to lessen my heating bill when I am flowering.

Then I have a sunbeam humidifier I am trying to add to the setup but its to big and causing problems.

Rightnow I am trying to vent humidity with a hose and fan to the lower compartment.

Where can I get a HIgh Voltage humidistat that I could use with a small humidifier? I need to find a good humidification system.

The space seems to be all I need. Thats why I want to flower at 8 " and harvest sooner! Flowering compartment is a bit bigger in height.

So I am building a stealth cabinet. The white paint I can do , if your serious. Rightnow the biggy I need to work on is the humidistat controlled humidifier. The Home Depot doesnt seem to sell high voltage humidistats.

But I have to be careful to get the humidity justright or it may condensate on the hps in flowering and explode the bulb.

The hps are not burning leaves at 3 " and it helps reach the lower nodes at this height.

two Sunsystem 150 hps lights that use about 400-500 watts

Im confused, if they are 150 each wouldn't they use 300w?

I have never seen or heard of condensation causing a bulb to explode. However, have you considered putting the 150Ws in bake-a-round cooltubes? You also might want to consider a scrog. I had a great grow a while back with a dual 150W HPS scrog grow in about the same space. Check out the links in my sig for details.

Jericho--the 150W is the bulb wattage. Most HIDs draw more power than the bulb wattage. You can figure out how much your light uses by multiplying amps x voltage. However, 400-500W sounds quite high for 2 150 watters.

I added an energy meter and with the two sunsystems hps 150 they draw about 450-550 watts.

But there only on for 12 hours.

The car heater is about 900 watts but it cycles on and off.

How can we develop a humidistat controlled humidifier. I need to find High Voltage humidistats.

They say a drop of water will explode these bulbs hps and I have seen water droplets from my humidifier when I set it to high so I am damn nervous because of their cost and I have to have the bulbs shipped in.

In the middle of a grow that would be devestating.

Hmm, the ballast you are using must really not be very efficient, it shouldn't be that much of a difference between the bulb wattage and the wattage being drawn from mains.

You should have a backup bulb anyway's just in case, I would check out the bake around diy cool tubes that THG mentioned, they are in her sig. My humidity has gone up to 98% in my tent during summer and have never seen any signs of water on the bulb or in my cooltube.

Cooltubes for flowering or vegetation. The daylight 5600k CFL I have works good for vegging a few plants. But she's THG very effective, yes!

For Flowering I expect HPS are best because they have more of the spectrum. I have two and yes they are not efficient as the bulb wattage.

Is there a nighttime and daytime temperature , I may save a few watts if I lower my heat during the nighttime but dont want to freeze them or reduce budding. and are the nightime temperatures the same for both veg and flowering.

I have the flowerbox set to 24c and the HPS brings the temp up to 29c for 12 hours and then down to 24 again.

Come on guys , whats the humidity solution.

While at the hydro shop, owner told of a guy who, with a $1000/mo elec bill, has decided to try out LED. The LED he is checking are 400w equiv if I remember correctly, the test will be time lapsed with HPS. Will be interesting to check in on that in about 10 weeks or so....

OK clearance height to the top of the plant from the bottom of the 150 watt hps bulb should be a minimum of how many inches?

I have heard the rule in a microgarden is "place your hand on the top of the plant and it gets hot then lower it a few inches and recheck" is that about it? or is there an exacting science?

hXXp://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=119317&d=1245698238

is what I'm going to go by..........

Ok so they will be flowered for 8 weeks on the 6th of may and they wont likely cover AC costs.

One plant is flowering alright and the other singed the top of the plant lastweek and the canopy top burnt (should i trim or leave the burnt top? leaves gone stem exposed.with twoweeks to go ). So buds will have to be from underneath , but they are small and little time left to flower. The light is now high. about two feet from plant bottom.

Im new to this and find it hard to estimate but expect only an ounce out of two plants.
This is HELL, other people seem to be able to grow without effort.
I water about two litres over the top of plant and then let it wickup from the reservoir until its dry and rewater, I hope the roots are not starved of oxygen and stunting them.

Latest posts

Back