3 weeks into flower and ive got thrips...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Six

Perfect smile..chronic...
Reaction score
Does anyone know a tried and true solution for thrips? :confused:

ive only heard of it happening with the first set of leafs on a seedling and read that the plant just grows out of it no exp yet tho sorry

hXXp://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/menu.homegarden.html
hXXp://www.ladybugindoorgardens.com/pests.html
may be of some help...;)

Well i have chosen a controversial and less popular method,i made nicotine water from some busted up cigs. The problem seems to have been isolated to one plant so i have removed her from the grow and soaked her down good. She looks like a drowned rat all soaked down, almost felt bad for a minute. Will post later with the results...

Nicotine water does not work....thrips still alive as ever...goin to get some neem oil and insecticide soap...:hairpull:

Well, after a night in the dark i cant find anymore thrips. I used just the insectidal soap...This morning when the lights came on i opened the closet to find a few ladybugs crawling around on my plants...hmmm....i wonder if the soap attracted them. Either way, im not messing with them and if anything i am going to encourage them to stay...another thing i notice after messin around with this plant is that some of the hairs have turned red...they are way to early into flowering for that to happen....This is all happening to one plant sitting in with all the others...i dont think i will be carrying on this gene pool...seems to be very suceptible to bugs...

UKgirl420 said:

When you say neem oil and liquid soap, do you mean the actual pesticide form of liquid soap or just ordinary dish detergent? And what is your mix ratio...im sure that im not done with this because they were there long enough to lay eggs so im just curious for the future hatchlings....

Just mix the neems oil as dirrected on the bottle and add a little dish soap.

Reactions: Six

Latest posts

Back