Avid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zem , also try some Pyganic , I was surprised at how quick it worked to knock down mites

and it’s a good idea to mix up your pest management routine by using different products so the mites don’t build up a resistance

how about some Thread drift now that we know Brother Zem is on mission and looks to defeat the dreaded borg

Warning: Thread Drift Ahead

tattoos have been around a long time

IMG_5072.png

The flash makes the picture look like he’s from another planet and as far as his lipstick. This is the most well endowed dog I’ve ever had. When he’s aroused, it looks like he’s got a flashlight under his belly. What you see in the picture is just the “tip of the iceberg” so to speak….😆

Sorry to go back to the thread topic, i just want to say that i think that stray cats are a carrier of mites as well as other animals like birds. I found a cat had made its way into my garden a month or so ago and now i saw the mites with a population that seems like a month old. Last time i found that pigeons were coming to drink from a res leak and i detected the mites starting from around that area. I also had one full grow season and good harvest in between the two infestations when i had no mites at all. Reason i am saying this is that i think that it is very possible to eliminate the mites and they dont just lurk around anywhere especially when it is hot and they need living plants to survive. But they enter again.

I’ve been told that most insect infestation’s are brought in by the grower unknowingly. I know some growers that will not enter their grow operation after they’ve done anything outside. They do it first thing in the morning and they’re done with it.

I’ve been told that most insect infestation’s are brought in by the grower unknowingly. I know some growers that will not enter their grow operation after they’ve done anything outside. They do it first thing in the morning and they’re done with it.
That is me! I go downstairs first thing....once I have gone outside I won't go near my grow until I have taken a shower.

The mites are gone and i still have 3 weeks of vegging. I am considering applying avid as a preventative just before i flip them. I think since it is non systemic and has a short half life it would not go into the flowers. I am worried that mites attack during flowering. I really dont want that to happen.

I don’t know that they’ve done a lot of studies on avid being used on marijuana that is smoked. All the studies that I have seen for avid is for ornamental and crops. The real question is, do you want to smoke something that is capable of making you retarded… i’ve used it in the past and it is always made me pucker. Just thinking about it. I would hesitate on spraying it if you don’t need to use it…use Exciter for preventative maintenance and try using less avid…

I don’t know that they’ve done a lot of studies on avid being used on marijuana that is smoked. All the studies that I have seen for avid is for ornamental and crops. The real question is, do you want to smoke something that is capable of making you retarded… i’ve used it in the past and it is always made me pucker. Just thinking about it. I would hesitate on spraying it if you don’t need to use it…use Exciter for preventative maintenance and try using less avid…
Ok I did not know about the studies that show that it is capable to make you retarded. wow. My issue is that i am not in the us or anywhere that has amazon or the likes. I have to find what works locally. All I find locally is toxic and Abamectin which is the active ingredient as in Avid is the only one that i at least heard of in the mj community. I will keep looking for something better. Thanks.

I have used the Alcohol,water, and soap to get rid of mites more than once and it killed them dead. Alcohol kills them on contact and the soap helps it stick to them.
Last year I had a tomato plant that got them pretty bad. Within 2 weeks they were gone. I applied the above every couple days and it killed them all.
I would never use stuff like Avid on my weed or my veggies. But to each his own.

Last edited:
I have used the Alcohol,water, and soap to get rid of mites more than once and it killed them dead. Alcohol kills them on contact and the soap helps it stick to them.
Last year I had a tomato plant that got them pretty bad. Within 2 weeks they were gone. I applied the above every couple days and it killed them all.
I would never use stuff like that on my weed or my veggies. But to each his own.
I like that idea. I wonder if alcohol, soap and water could be used proactively as a preventative.

Not sure because the alcohol dissipates very quickly. The alcohol kills on contact while it's wet. The soap just makes it stick to them,,, but you can kill the fkers with just the alcohol and water. Straight alcohol is to strong and could damage the leaves. That's why I use a mixture of 30% alcohol to 70% water with a teaspoon of dish soap. And my alcohol is 91% alcohol.
In flower just don't mix soap with it because you don't want a soap film on your buds. The alcohol will still kill the mites and might melt some trichomes but once the alcohol dissipates the glands are still there. Kinda like making hash. The alcohol will melt the glands, but the resin is still there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back