Smoking & COPD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinn

Reaction score
My wife has been smoking (joint or pipe) flowers that are equal in TCH & CBD for her arthritis and it seems to help. Well just recently she has been diagnosed with mild COPD and she is afraid to smoke. If I made gummies would she get the same effects (not that she likes the taste of them). Would vaping be an alternative. I can not see her using a volcano with bag. She is not a heavy pot smoker. Also, she has just quit smoking and is concerned that vaping will tempt her. Any and all suggestions welcomed. Thanks

some reading material for ya Amigo

also , do some research on NAC , taking NAC is a proactive way towards lung maintenance

wishing you and your spouse all the best

Smoking both tobacco and marijuana synergistically increased the risk of respiratory symptoms and COPD.

Smoking only marijuana was not associated with an increased risk of respiratory symptoms or COPD.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2665947/

Cannabis consumption seems to present some short term beneficial pulmonary effects such as immediate bronchodilation, secondary to reduced airway resistance, which can be compromised in the long term as the cannabis smoke inhaled can have the same harmful effects as those attributed to tobacco [8,9].

The purpose of this article is to preset a case of secondary COPD associated to regular cannabis consumption or dependency.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6626119/

Conclusions: Among SPIROMICS participants with or without COPD, neither former nor current marijuana smoking of any lifetime amount was associated with evidence of COPD progression or its development.

Because of our study's limitations, these findings underscore the need for further studies to better understand longer-term effects of marijuana smoking in COPD.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/37199732/

we can come to our own conclusions

IMG_6124.jpeg
IMG_6123.jpeg
IMG_6122.jpeg

My wife has been smoking (joint or pipe) flowers that are equal in TCH & CBD for her arthritis and it seems to help. Well just recently she has been diagnosed with mild COPD and she is afraid to smoke. If I made gummies would she get the same effects (not that she likes the taste of them). Would vaping be an alternative. I can not see her using a volcano with bag. She is not a heavy pot smoker. Also, she has just quit smoking and is concerned that vaping will tempt her. Any and all suggestions welcomed. Thanks
"Also, she has just quit smoking and is concerned that vaping will tempt her."

I don't know if this'll help or mean anything kevin, but I smoked cigarettes for 34 years. Quit cold turkey 18 years ago and I was afraid smoking a bowl would lead me to a cigarette. It has never. Not one time. I know nothing of vaping, though.

Edibles or a quality vaporizer but no more smoking!

no more smoking cigarettes for sure and quality vaporizer for sure

on cannabis , the debate is on going , more research needs to be done

ut yeah , cannabis in the past was used for lung issues as the old ads and info show

some reading material for ya Amigo

also , do some research on NAC , taking NAC is a proactive way towards lung maintenance

wishing you and your spouse all the best

Smoking both tobacco and marijuana synergistically increased the risk of respiratory symptoms and COPD.

Smoking only marijuana was not associated with an increased risk of respiratory symptoms or COPD.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2665947/

Cannabis consumption seems to present some short term beneficial pulmonary effects such as immediate bronchodilation, secondary to reduced airway resistance, which can be compromised in the long term as the cannabis smoke inhaled can have the same harmful effects as those attributed to tobacco [8,9].

The purpose of this article is to preset a case of secondary COPD associated to regular cannabis consumption or dependency.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6626119/

Conclusions: Among SPIROMICS participants with or without COPD, neither former nor current marijuana smoking of any lifetime amount was associated with evidence of COPD progression or its development.

Because of our study's limitations, these findings underscore the need for further studies to better understand longer-term effects of marijuana smoking in COPD.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/37199732/

we can come to our own conclusions

View attachment 341251View attachment 341252View attachment 341253
Now my head hurts.

no more smoking cigarettes for sure and quality vaporizer for sure

on cannabis , the debate is on going , more research needs to be done

ut yeah , cannabis in the past was used for lung issues as the old ads and info show
I thought using cannabis helped sufferers with COPD and it helped the lungs. Knew a few people who used it as a treatment.
Need to reassess this.

Can't call it medicine if you smoke it..........not and be taken seriously by anyone in the medical field.
I explain it as using the same tech as a anesthesiologist does to deliver the cannabis and the acceptance grows.

we all know the research has been limited the last 100+ years because of the feds

just think where the cannabis community would be had weed been legal all this time

we just need more medical studies concerning cannabis and lung issues to come to a consensus

one thing I would look at is populations like those in Jamaica or Afghanistan , look at the population and lung issues , some of those humans have been smoking weed since they were born

well that may be an exaggeration but you catch my drift

I dont like to smoke too often because I have asthma. I make edibles like cookies brownies using cana oil. It works well for me pain wise. You might need to experiment to get the correct dosage. I use a cookie scoop to evenly measure. I started out by substituting 2 tbs of oil in the recipe with cana oil or cana butter. Eat hslf the cookie and wait at least 2 hours so you have the full effect. If it is not strong enough eat the other half. Ususlly one cookie is good.

Can't remember all the details on how I made some, but the next batch I'll do the water cure/rince to get rid of the hay taste, dry the weed out, and stick it in a crock pot with the coconut oil for four hours or more. Strain it through cheesecloth and put it in amber or blue bottles with eyedroppers.

I'll try two or three drops and wait an hour or so and then dial it in for the desired effect.

Thanks Hippie. I think that is the way I am going to go. Would you happen to have a detailed recipe as this is all new to me. Of course I am sure that i could find one on line.
I use hash rosin that I decarboxalize in a mason jar in the oven at 230f. for 90 minutes.
I put coconut oil weighed out at 5:1 ratio in another jar on the tray to heat up as well.
After the 90 minutes if the rosin has quit bubbling totally I mix and cook at same temp for another 90 minutes stirring every half hour.
If still bubbling just leave in until it stops before mixing.
How we do it.

I know my edibles are good anti inflammatories and that they help dull the pain. I am on blood thinners and can’t take over-the-counter remedies(they don’t work that well anyway). I make brownies with cannabutter. Never tried gummies.

Latest posts

Back