5 gal. bucket/bubbler /dirt clones..Can I ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcooper1

Reaction score
I was wondering how hard it would be to take my dirt clones and transplant into my 5 gal. bubbler?Also how big do the clones have to be.I have looked all over to try and find it on here but cant find the answer.THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND WISDOM.I have learn so very much from all of you.:) I have found on this site that it clogs other kind up but will it mess up a bubbler?And should I change water more at first? I am going to do dirt and bucket(3) hydro.But mostly dirt.Until I get the just of hydro.

I would pick either dirt or hydro and not try to go from one to the other.

I have successfully taken clones from dirt and put into a bubbler with no ill effects, either to the plants or the hydro set up. I might have just been lucky however. This is not something I would like to try everytime. Be sure to rinse those roots very very well under a gentle spray of lukewarm water.

Your question about clone size is hard to answer. It is like of relative to how large the clones were when you started out. The clone should be well extablished with a good root system, since you are going to stress the plant somewhat with the transfer to hydro. Every transplant stresses the plant some, so try to make sure the plant is hardy and healthy with nice strong roots.

DWC is so easy--why mess with soil if you plan on doing hydro eventually? Just watch your ph and nute concentration (ppm).

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!i plan on going to hydro IF I can get the hang of it.I want to see if I even like growing that way before I invest alot of money.Thank you so very much...WITHOUT THIS SITE AND ALL YOU GREAT PEOPLE SHARING YOUR WISDOM WITH US THAT ARE STILL GREEN,we would all be lost...and probly alot of dead plants LOL again you are great for helping us newbees out

I agree. I would stick to dirt or hydro. You can always take another clone off of one of your ladies and try it in the hydro. That's what I would do. DWC is also really easy and pretty cheap to set up. Just my thoughts. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

My understanding is that the plant's roots develop differently in soil and hydro, but you can switch from dirt to hydro with success. Hydro roots put in dirt are very unwilling to adapt. ...Have you considered Hempy buckets? After 18 mos of hydro I switched to hempies. I'm really happy with them; it would be an easy change-over for them in your situation.
[The first group I tried (Aur.Indica, NL) vegged 4 wks from seed, after 10 days 12/12 they showed flower, the Aurora is covered with buttons of flowers about to go nuts.]

What is Hempy?I am going to start the clones the right way.I am so thankful that I had this great advice from all you guys.I would have mess a few things up without the wisdom you all share with us. I know I sound so sappy when I thank you all but I really mean it...I would be lost without you and this site. THANK YOU

tc- Hempy Buckets are containers filled with perlite or coco instead of soil. A hole (1/2") is drilled 2 inches up the side of the bucket. I like the 10 qt painters pails, but you can use 1 gal - 5 gal. Hole is always 2'' up. This leaves a 2'' reservoir to hold water in the bottom. When you feed or water, the res. gets flushed out the hole- you'll need an arrangement to catch the overflow, like a tray or something. The feeding is the same as hydro. My results have been excellent and I'm REALLY impressed. Please google hempy buckets- so simple- you'll love it!

Well....This morning I took 5 seedlings that were sprouted in dirt and transferred them to a bubbler. They were really little with only 1 set of leaves. I'll let you know how it goes (if I can figure out this picture thing I will post some pictures).

tcooper1 said:
I was wondering how hard it would be to take my dirt clones and transplant into my 5 gal. bubbler?Also how big do the clones have to be.I have looked all over to try and find it on here but cant find the answer.THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND WISDOM.I have learn so very much from all of you.:) I have found on this site that it clogs other kind up but will it mess up a bubbler?And should I change water more at first? I am going to do dirt and bucket(3) hydro.But mostly dirt.Until I get the just of hydro.

That is what i did when i made my 5gal bubble mister i transplanted 1ft plant from dirt to hydro. What i didwas take the dirt plant out of the pot and put it in another 5 gal bucket full of warm water to get rid of all the dirt and then i just put the plant in a net bucket with agro rocks and it worked fine.

Latest posts

Back