8x8 Autoflower Tent - First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not in hydro. Especially not in coco. The amount of salt build up would be too much stress. Keep coco moist. Same when I grew in perlite. The salt would build up almost overnight. No I flood twice a day. Once an hour after lights on and again 2 hours before lights out.
Ok makes sense! Thank you!

You're in coco so it should be 5.8 going in always. The coco and roots are gonna do Thier thing and raise the ph which goes back to the res. You'll have to adjust the res back down to 5.8 everyday. I thought that plant could be having the same ph issue mine just had because I didn't have a proper calibration on my meter. My plant looked the same as yours. Some plants are very ph sensitive and others can hang with it.
Ok gotcha. Yes I have to lower the pH after every feeding I have to or it rises to high. I've been doing that from the jump but it's usually around 5.9-6

Will calibrate and adjust to 5.8.

Thank you again! Imma owe you an oz or something for all the help!

Ok gotcha. Yes I have to lower the pH after every feeding I have to or it rises to high. I've been doing that from the jump but it's usually around 5.9-6

Will calibrate and adjust to 5.8.

Thank you again! Imma owe you an oz or something for all the help!
You'll have plenty to spare lol
And I never say no to mail bud

Ok found a couple issues today....looking at groweedeasy it's looking like pH issue maybe? It's only in some new growth and it's not much at all...but here are a couple leaves I plucked...anyone with a better eye tell me what's up?

20230407_061827.jpg
20230407_061824.jpg
20230407_061819.jpg
20230407_061814.jpg

Thank you guys I did! Adjusted pH down to 5.8, diluted res a little bit down to 2.6, and cut dli back a tiny also...think I was pushing them a little too hard saw some signs of light stress also. Thanks again 😬

Thank you guys I did! Adjusted pH down to 5.8, diluted res a little bit down to 2.6, and cut dli back a tiny also...think I was pushing them a little too hard saw some signs of light stress also. Thanks again 😬
Autos are notoriously finicky eaters.

I'm obsessed lol....btw this little camera I think was 50 bucks at best buy...mounted it on one of my fans now my girls are always with me 😍

Day 38 Queens Banner. This is the plant I took those leaves off earlier. There were like maybe 10. Hopefully everything I changed today will help! Gonna take some pics of the others later. Man I really want a couple 700w lights with some better coverage...I can't justify spending anymore money on this right now though. Wish I did more homework on lights before I bought!
20230407_132536.jpg
20230407_132503.jpg
20230407_132457.jpg
20230407_132438.jpg

Last edited:
You guys still think this is a pH issue?

Also will the leaves stay yellow or will only new growth be healthy looking ? Just wondering what I should be looking for as a sign of improvement of health.

Also will the leaves stay yellow or will only new growth be healthy looking ? Just wondering what I should be looking for as a sign of improvement of health.
Newer Leaves should green up unless they get necrotic. Did you reset your res? You might want to be backing down the nutes a bit. Maybe to 2 ec or less for about 7 days

Newer Leaves should green up unless they get necrotic. Did you reset your res? You might want to be backing down the nutes a bit. Maybe to 2 ec or less for about 7 days
Yes I reset the res but only to like 2.5 and it's already back up to 2.75...i think that might be a good idea! I'm gonna give that a try!

Do you guys think I should throw a trellis in this corner?

20230409_105914.jpg
20230409_105908.jpg

I like a net at this stage myself. Your underside looks good. Make sure everything is cleaned up down there cause once you throw the net down it becomes more difficult to maintain and water your plants. Do you water with a wand?
I like your little fishing reel thingys you used to tie them down with. How’s the gnats?

I like a net at this stage myself. Your underside looks good. Make sure everything is cleaned up down there cause once you throw the net down it becomes more difficult to maintain and water your plants. Do you water with a wand?
I like your little fishing reel thingys you used to tie them down with. How’s the gnats?
Thanks! No I use an ebb and flow bucket system so it's automatically bottom fed. Buts already really hard to move around in there and I don't have access to open the back of the tent bc it's pushed against a wall..I need to move it after this grow...those are training yoyos from Amazon I love them kinda expensive for a lot of them though....still have some gnats...not that many but the sticky things you recommended caught at least 100 of them probably...I was letting my buckets flood too much which was getting the surface of the coco wet so the de I put down for disgusting....had to redress thus am will put de down when I get a few min.

Day 41 - Been feeding at 2.0 ec the past few days. Have diligently been lowering pH after each fertigation to 5.8. I think things are starting to look a little better, kinda hard to tell though. Cleaned up top layer of coco to get wet DE out of there. I couldn't go any longer looking at that nasty shit. Still clipping leaves almost daily. Adjusting tie downs daily. Environment is pretty much locked in at 86/59....1.3 vpd. DLI 50-55. There are still a couple that were stunted that haven't even started flowering yet. They've been getting bloom nutes the past week and a half. I don't have time to make them their own solution, it kinda is what it is. They have been behind the entire time and I'm not expecting much from those 2. But I think 16 of 18 are doing pretty well.

20230409_215337.jpg
20230409_213453.jpg
20230409_213424.jpg

20230409_213540.jpg

20230409_213418.jpg
20230409_213352.jpg
20230409_212608.jpg
20230409_213310.jpg
20230409_213604.jpg

Latest posts

Back