A.k.a. Greenybeanymeany Grow #2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read this again, knowing what you know now.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71126

The air pump + hose + air stones will bubble (aerate) your solution and oxygenate the liquids. Roots LOVE oxygenation :D Also, it helps stir the "crap" out of your city water and dechlorinate.

This specifically:

attachment.php

attachment.php

See? You install the tube:

attachment.php

Listen to some music:

attachment.php

And get your finished product on!

attachment.php

:aok: :aok: :aok: :aok: :aok: :aok:
Aaahhhh I see. Very informative lol.

Wait till you figure this whole hydro thing out. 6 months from now, you're going to look back and go.. "wow, this is kinda easy now that I have this knowledge!"

:aok:
I can see how that would be true. Soil just seems to be an unnecessary headache in comparison

Soil just seems to be an unnecessary headache in comparison

I'm biased.

People here can really rock soil, especially organic. But, for you.. I think I understand you and what you're looking to do. You want something like Hydro. You want the interaction with your plant. :aok: It's easier (for me) to control too! :D

Lol yep. I try to avoid so much contact but at minimum I check everything going on in there 3-4 times a day. Constantly monitoring the temp, that's for sure!

My question got skipped over twice though lmao. I knew it would this time too just because it was at the bottom of the last page haha

My question got skipped over twice though lmao. I knew it would this time too just because it was at the bottom of the last page haha

Sorry, I think I'm confused with this statement.

My bad there :vap-bobby_on_the_be

I just really enjoy being hands on with it. Its boring just letting it do its own thing.

Absolutely! Well, making sure your PPM's and PH is on is a very interactive part. Doing res changes is interactive. You'll enjoy the crap out of it. I can't wait to see you off and running!! :D

Thanks. Yeah I can't wait either. Thanks for being in my corner so much, you've been a great help.

Oh, will one of those be good for my 2x2 tent? I was debating on just going for the 250w hps. But I wanna go led anyways.

I guess it would help me to know the dimensions of the light lol. But mainly wondering on the coverage. I guess it would show me on the link in the description haha

One of my lights (recommended by 2 others besides me mind you .. and 3 if you'd count PJ's vote that I know he'd vote) would cost you about $170 and "says" it works for a 3'x3' area. I would easily trust it in a 2x2 to do you justice!! :D

http://www.mars-hydro.com/mars-ii-led-grow-light-400w.html

Technical specification

LED Output Power:80pcs*5watt
Draw Power:170W~200W
Amps:110V/1.8A, 220V/0.88A
Dimension:340x340x90mm(13.4*13.4*3.5 in)
Voltage:AC85~265V
View Angle of leds:90°/120°
Lifespan:50, 000-100, 000 hours
N.W./G.W:6.9KG/8KG
Coverage:3'x3' Standard @24inch
Spectrum:430~440nm, 450~475nm 620~630nm, 650~660nm, IR, and white
flower spectrum:red, white and infared
Vege Spectrum:blue and white
Plug Type:AU, USA, Japan, EU, UK, Swiss,etc.
Warehouse:USA, AU, UK, Canada, Russia, Spain, Germany
Height:Germination: 24~30inch; Vegitative:18~24inch
Flowering :12~18inch.

You will have more purchases I'm sure you know. You'll want to do proper ventilation, proper air scrubbing (it's going to get stinky in flowering!!!!)

I'll help you with it all along the way. I'll show you when and where you can "cheap out" and when you need to pay abit more. You're not far off from being "done" .. you'll need a real vent system next.

The parts for hydro setup will be less than $60 total I'd have to say. Unless you're getting that premade bucket thing ya? I'm still thinking you're going to make the setup.

Just let me know what you need a list of when time comes. And no worries on that :aok:

Awesome and yeah I will definitely need to something about odor.

Where is it 170 at? I've been searching everywhere lol.

:D I'm watching this, you are getting good help schoolboy, thanks to Doc :aok: he is right, you are not that far from being done

:D I'm watching this, you are getting good help schoolboy, thanks to Doc :aok: he is right, you are not that far from being done
Thanks for watching, and I know, the level he's helping me, I should be paying him! Lmao

Alright, I'm not gonna lie, since waiting on the reply, I searched high and low for a different option to save a few bucks..

Instead I just hurried and checked out with the mars II before I made a dumb decision to save 20 bucks.

On the upside, I discovered through the lovely search engine that you save 3% with the code "medgrower1" saved me 5.70 lol. At least I got it for 184 and change lol.

Yay! Tent and light on the way. I'm moving on up[emoji2]

Doc, you're the reason I couldn't cheap out. I felt guilty looking at lights after you recommended what you use! Lol

Alright, I'm not gonna lie, since waiting on the reply, I searched high and low for a different option to save a few bucks..

Instead I just hurried and checked out with the mars II before I made a dumb decision to save 20 bucks.

On the upside, I discovered through the lovely search engine that you save 3% with the code "medgrower1" saved me 5.70 lol. At least I got it for 184 and change lol.

Yay! Tent and light on the way. I'm moving on up[emoji2]

hah, nice. Yeah, there's another coupon floating around that does 3%... better than nothing! If you re-read my post, you'll notice I said I could get you in touch with Sara, from Mars Hydro. Ordering direct through her would've save you that extra $15 beyond your coupon. No big deal, the light is worth $200 either way!! :) Seriously, thank you for not making a dumb decision...it would've been a slap in my face lol! :D

Doc, you're the reason I couldn't cheap out. I felt guilty looking at lights after you recommended what you use! Lol

Hah GOOD! No offense, but honestly... bounce stuff on me (or others here if, say, I'm sleeping) and I'll let you know what is legit and will help you, and what will catch your s.h.i.t. on fire and rip you off!

Tent and Light on the way?! Dude... *bow*... You're DOING it Schooly!!! :D :aok:

Next up, I'll get you links for proper ventilation, carbon filter (scrub the air), vent ducting and a fan speed controller.

Let's see.. there really isn't much more else you need! This is exciting for me mate! :D

hah, nice. Yeah, there's another coupon floating around that does 3%... better than nothing! If you re-read my post, you'll notice I said I could get you in touch with Sara, from Mars Hydro. Ordering direct through her would've save you that extra $15 beyond your coupon. No big deal, the light is worth $200 either way!! :) Seriously, thank you for not making a dumb decision...it would've been a slap in my face lol! :D

I was wondering who Sara was. I figured it out fairly quickly when I got my confirmation email lmao. Oh well, too late now.

And lol, I was looking at their 300w reflector one, if my memory serves me right, hampsterlewis said he used the bigger brother to that. It was a bit cheaper and I thought it would be beneficial to have a switch that changes the lights from veg spectrum to bloom. But I took the time to read coverage, and it said 2.5x2.5 during veg, which would be good, and then I think 2x1.5 in flower, and I just didn't think it would be in my favor to go that route, and after some google time everything pointed to the mars II to be the better option because it penetrates the canopy better. Plus an extra 100w for maybe 40 bucks.

Tent and Light on the way?! Dude... *bow*... You're DOING it Schooly!!! :D :aok:

Haha I know, its getting exciting. At this point I don't even care if this plant turns out to be a male, because I can just start fresh with some good seeds from a seed bank. Hard to find seeds with what I smoke anyways. The seed I have planted was the only seed I've found since the good stuff finally came rolling through my town after Colorado legalized.. Used to be nothing but 25 an eighth for nasty brick that I wouldn't feed to my dog, that's why I originally grew the first round.

Next up, I'll get you links for proper ventilation, carbon filter (scrub the air), vent ducting and a fan speed controller.

Let's see.. there really isn't much more else you need! This is exciting for me mate! :D

Awesome! Sounds like a plan. Its pretty exciting for me in all angles, I mean, I'm slowly but SURELY stepping up my game, with excellent help from you. I'm really anxious for everything to get here and ditch the CFLs.

I imagine from your side this would be a blast, looking at my old journal, where I was when you came in, and to where this is heading because of your help.

I'm so glad I came back here instead of any of the other growing forums online.

Latest posts

Back